2024/25 Relegation Thread

Listen how we have not won/lost these games is infuriating, that said I am marginally optimistic. When we entered this year our biggest worry Id argue was our finishing. Obviously our resources is a massive caveat but Thelwell deserves his flowers on that problem. Ndiaye and Lindstrøm have impressed personally. DCL keeps fit he looks worthy of his average return. If our manager is sensible and plays who he should we should warrant some better goal counts.

Obviously I think most also hoped for some backs to come in but I think we were relatively assured in the defense as long as Jarrad stayed. I think Pickford has been a bit off his best, Tark has played through injury. Cut that with the slew of injuries and I do think its reasonable to have some course correction. If Branthwaite is in these fixtures I doubt we are winless. Seamus and Patterson too I do expect the defense to find a median output of stableness

My main worry beyond just Dyche is possibly the midfield. For the fee Thelwell again deserves a shout with Iroegbunam but I do worry we have lost some physicality in that area. Im worried in our options there. The absence of Onana's ball winning and connectivity is noticeable. But a return to form defense and a marginally improved offense I think could come over the next month. Still all those takeaways are graded on a curve and ultimately compared to our relegation counterparts. Last year the group that came up was less formidable then this year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back