2024/25 Relegation Thread

I think I'd take a chance on selling Branthers if I knew the fee we got would go toward signing a striker and right back.

Spent all summer signing wide attackers and central midfielders when we all knew what the two glaring positions that needed resolving were.

….obvious today that Branthwaite is vital to survival hopes. Also, I couldn’t trust us to acquire the quality we need.

Lindstrom (wide attacker) and Iroegbunam (cm).
Lindstrom is a 10. Same for N'daiye.

Tim is a CM, there's no way he was bought to play a key role. It just happens that Garner has picked up an injury,,

We lost Onana and Gomes. We need another CM.

….obvious today that Branthwaite is vital to survival hopes. Also, I couldn’t trust us to acquire the quality we need.
Branthwaite: it's touch and go but I'd put trust in O'Brien and take the chance to bring in a proven goalscorer and RFB.

We really are desperate for both. It doesn't make sense to sign O'Brien as well as keep Branthwaite...not for a club desperate to use resources to cover threadbare positions.

Branthwaite: it's touch and go but I'd put trust in O'Brien and take the chance to bring in a proven goalscorer and RFB.

We really are desperate for both. It doesn't make sense to sign O'Brien as well as keep Branthwaite...not for a club desperate to use resources to cover threadbare positions.
How do you explain him picking Michael Keane who's coming back from an injury. not fully fit over O'Brien then?

How do you explain him picking Michael Keane who's coming back from an injury. not fully fit over O'Brien then?
Because he doesn't want to load a difficult opponent on the first day and a possible deflating home defeat on the lad.

He''ll start him away from home I would think.

Lindstrom is a 10. Same for N'daiye.

Tim is a CM, there's no way he was bought to play a key role. It just happens that Garner has picked up an injury,,

We lost Onana and Gomes. We need another CM.
We do need a cm could see towards end of gake tim's legs had gone was making more mistakes. I did think he had a good game

We need to buy:
- Starting RB
- Starting RW
- Backup LW
- Backup LB

We need to terminate the contract of:
- Ashley Young
- Michael Keane

Do that and we’ll finish at least 12th as long as we don’t pick up a points deduction.

I mean it's not even bedwetting at this point. If there's no more incomings this summer then we will once again be down there. As we have been for the best part of 3 years.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back