27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
broadcasting the truth isn't always the best course. do the fans really want to be seen telling the world tonight 'our owner is a complete moron'. I don't see how that works for us at all. The chances of us creating now a formidable atmosphere against Arsenal are already in the bin. The first misplaced pass and the whole thing starts to wobble. If we keep cool heads we get our full squad back in a couple of weeks and a much better run of fixtures, and the chance to sign some players next month. That's all now in jeopardy, the fans are now taking an active role in destabilising the club at a critical point. Now you can have the view that that is the best course, it seems to me to be an insane gamble with the club's whole future.

It is when those running the club don't want it to be highlighted and are trying to avoid scrutiny.

Change won't happen until those who run the club accept there are issues. And the only way that happens is by drawing attention to it and creating a sense of accountability.

You can't claim to be against the board and owner and then sneer at those trying to do something

That's the issue with this. There is far too much sneering. If you want to do nothing then fine, no problem. But people would rather be part of the few who tried to do something than those who sat on their hands and looked down on those who tried.
They're goal is to secure Moshiri and his investment. Go and read their pathetic mission statement. It's a bankrupt bit of reactionary nonsense that bends the knee to the board and the owner.

They are the exact opposite to what you claim for them...but then you know that. lol

They're goal is to secure Moshiri and his investment. Go and read their pathetic mission statement. It's a bankrupt bit of reactionary nonsense that bends the knee to the board and the owner.

They are the exact opposite to what you claim for them...but then you know that. lol

It's to create better standards and some much needed accountability. You can think it's about whatever you like, but you can't argue when nothing improves when you sneered at those who tried.

It is when those running the club don't want it to be highlighted and are trying to avoid scrutiny.

Change won't happen until those who run the club accept there are issues. And the only way that happens is by drawing attention to it and creating a sense of accountability.
and what if that change involves Usmanov pulling the plug on BMD when he's sunk half a billion into the club and the fans are protesting against him?

and what if that change involves Usmanov pulling the plug on BMD when he's sunk half a billion into the club and the fans are protesting against him?

I have no idea about Usmanov or his role so not even getting involved on a debate about that.

To be honest I couldn't care less about the new stadium. The obsession with it has made us very uncompetitive on the pitch and stadium moves tend to make teams struggle on the pitch. But the idea he is going to bin off the stadium at this point makes utterly no sense. Why would he scrap an ongoing construction project and lose an absolute fortune with no return in the end?

I have no idea about Usmanov or his role so not even getting involved on a debate about that.

To be honest I couldn't care less about the new stadium. The obsession with it has made us very uncompetitive on the pitch and stadium moves tend to make teams struggle on the pitch. But the idea he is going to bin off the stadium at this point makes utterly no sense. Why would he scrap an ongoing construction project and lose an absolute fortune with no return in the end?
because the fans of the club he's plunged hundreds of millions into have started public protests calling him effectively an idiot. tonight is humiliating for him

Yes, but you can do that in much better ways. Walking out and disrupting people who want to watch the game isn't a great idea - like a few post backs who said they're taking a10 year old lad to his first game.

Protest outside the ground or more banners / chants is much better. IMO this is just supporters groups either lacking self awareness or just trying to make themselves look like the biggest blues. The twitter radio thing was a constant cringe fest and I don't think it will go down well tonight with the other fans who don't act like Bill Kenwright on twitter.
Yeah that’s right, make some other protest out of the way somewhere so nobody will notice. The whole point of this is that we have a captive audience on global tv, the reasons for this action will have to be explained to the audience and it will prevent the club’s tame media hacks from spreading the massage ‘ it’s all ok now, it was all Brands’ fault, the fans are all happy campers now. ‘

The message needs to be spelled out to the owner in no uncertain manner, Benitez, Kenwright and Barrett-Baxendale are unfit for purpose and will, collectively and individually lead us to obscurity. It also sends a message to the owner that the fans have a part to play in the running of the club.

because the fans of the club he's plunged hundreds of millions into have started public protests calling him effectively an idiot. tonight is humiliating for him

Last wednesday night was humiliating for every Evertonian around the world. He deserves scrutiny and if he is up to the task, he will make necessary improvements and things will improve. Nothing would change if he was not held accountable.

It's to create better standards and some much needed accountability. You can think it's about whatever you like, but you can't argue when nothing improves when you sneered at those who tried.
The only way things will change is if Moshiri slings his hook. That's not what the 27th Minute gang are all about.

Ak @WilliamPerry if he or his cohort want Moshiri gone....

Last wednesday night was humiliating for every Evertonian around the world. He deserves scrutiny and if he is up to the task, he will make necessary improvements and things will improve. Nothing would change if he was not held accountable.
you seem to be assuming all change is inevitably for the better. That things can't possibly get any worse. if we get this wrong we could literally go out of business. drop and drop. Look at Portsmouth. fire sale, and spiralling debt. We need this daft arse protest like a hole in the head at such a critical point.

Yeah that’s right, make some other protest out of the way somewhere so nobody will notice. The whole point of this is that we have a captive audience on global tv, the reasons for this action will have to be explained to the audience and it will prevent the club’s tame media hacks from spreading the massage ‘ it’s all ok now, it was all Brands’ fault, the fans are all happy campers now. ‘

The message needs to be spelled out to the owner in no uncertain manner, Benitez, Kenwright and Barrett-Baxendale are unfit for purpose and will, collectively and individually lead us to obscurity. It also sends a message to the owner that the fans have a part to play in the running of the club.
They can stay in their seats and do that.

WTF are they disrupting the rest of the fans who want to support the team for?

Some were dismissing my view a few days ago that this will cause a kick off or three. I think that's unwise.

you seem to be assuming all change is inevitably for the better. That things can't possibly get any worse. if we get this wrong we could literally go out of business. drop and drop. Look at Portsmouth. fire sale, and spiralling debt. We need this daft arse protest like a hole in the head at such a critical point.

I think we are trending towards relegation over the next 2 or 3 years so doing nothing could be much much worse

Could be very effective this.

If Carragher is doing the game he will have to explain the feelings of the fans.
The only thing he will have to explain is why we’re crap, in front of the nation, live on Sky. He certainly won’t be slagging off the waiter.

Fans around the country will be watching and asking themselves, “hang on, so Everton fans are protesting against an owner who’s pumped £500m into their club in 6 years? Nobheads”

No one else cares, it’s just embarrassing for the club if this happens imo. Will Moshiri even be there? I doubt it.

Fans around the country will be watching and asking themselves, “hang on, so Everton fans are protesting against an owner who’s pumped £500m into their club in 6 years? Nobheads”
I never get this sort of paranoia. Funnily enough, other fans only care about their own club. And even if there were tens of millions thinking this - there aren't - what difference does it make?

They don't know this club, and they never will. It's not theirs. It's ours.

Moshiri has already promised he'll be there by the way. That's why the fan groups picked this game to make a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.