#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate what you’re saying, but can’t agree really.

Whatever Usmanov’s intentions were for Everton, I don’t think we’ll ever know. It could have been dodgy, it could have been through the legitimate love of football.

I believe Moshiri was his mouthpiece and I said we’d end up in a weird place once sanctions came in. But the almost blatant ignorance from Moshiri in allowing a spending glut on the wrong talent and allowing a failing board to continue to get their payday will always end poorly.

The fact everyone has kept quiet about where we’re at as a club in regards to a sale speaks volumes for everything that is wrong with Everton.
The minute Moshiri started appearing with Kia Joorabchian, the red flags should have been going up then from fans. Kia destroys clubs, every club he has been involved with has had problems after he leaves. There is a good reason he is no longer allowed to be an agent and has to work through various subsidiaries, the bloke is bad news for any football club.

Haha what diligence do you think he didn't do on Moshiri?
Does he have money..... Tick
Does he have a v rich mate.... Tick
Does he have experience in football... Tick
Does he have business acumen.... Tick
Is he willing to spend on the team.. Tick

Stop embarrassing yourself, I am starting to feel sorry for you
Oh I don't know. Basic questions to guage the mindset of the man he was selling the club to.

Does he have a long term vision for the club and is it realistic...... X
What are his short term goals to bring success to the club....... X
Is he a good judge of character that will put his faith in the right people...... X
Does he have the patience and the nerve to hold off making stupid rash decisions when faced with pressure........ X

Pretty basic stuff really that you'd assume Kenwright would want to know about the man he was selling the club to. Especially considering that he claims to of spent years and years scouring the earth looking for the right guy.

Its baffling that you're so willing to just give this man a free pass.

Haha what diligence do you think he didn't do on Moshiri?
Does he have money..... Tick
Does he have a v rich mate.... Tick

Does he have experience in football... Tick
Does he have business acumen.... Tick
Is he willing to spend on the team.. Tick

Stop embarrassing yourself, I am starting to feel sorry for you

These 3 are the same thing, there was no need to repeat them to flesh out your point.

Oh I don't know. Basic questions to guage the mindset of the man he was selling the club to.

Does he have a long term vision for the club and is it realistic...... X
What are his short term goals to bring success to the club....... X
Is he a good judge of character that will put his faith in the right people...... X
Does he have the patience and the nerve to hold off making stupid rash decisions when faced with pressure........ X

Pretty basic stuff really that you'd assume Kenwright would want to know about the man he was selling the club to. Especially considering that he claims to of spent years and years scouring the earth looking for the right guy.

Its baffling that you're so willing to just give this man a free pass.

Kenwright’s only question would’ve been:

Will you keep me on as chairman for as long a I want to linger around….. ☑️

Kenwright’s only question would’ve been:

Will you keep me on as chairman for as long a I want to linger around….. ☑️
Probably responded to the initial e-mail with indication of interest with:

Dear Mr Moshiri,

It's Bill here. I'm extremely excited to learn of your interest in investing in this wonderful football establishment. I would like to highlight, however, that we are only interested in offers that comply with the following criteria following investment/a full takeover:

1. William Kenwright OBE to remain as Lifetime Chairman
2. The naming of a stand in any potential new stadium after William Kenwright OBE

If you are satisfied with this, I'd be very happy to hear from you. If this does not appeal to you, we wish you well and do not require any further correspondence following this e-mail.

Best wishes,
Bill

PS: Did you know I used to stand in the Boys' Pen?

You'd think he'd like to enjoy life, sit in his favourite chair with a nice cup of tea. He's got enough money, what are you going to do with a little bit more at that age? Why cling so aggressively to a bauble that has brought you nothing but grief, stress and abuse in your autumn years? Well either it's nothing more than ego or there are some bodies he really doesn't want digging up.
Look at Madoff, FTX, WeWork, Theranos, all led by a single dominant alpha personality. All eventually exposed to be castles of sand. I have a nagging fear that once Blue Bill is forced out (or nature takes it course), that the financial and structural black hole is significantly worse than most of us realise.

I appreciate what you’re saying, but can’t agree really.

Whatever Usmanov’s intentions were for Everton, I don’t think we’ll ever know. It could have been dodgy, it could have been through the legitimate love of football.

I believe Moshiri was his mouthpiece and I said we’d end up in a weird place once sanctions came in. But the almost blatant ignorance from Moshiri in allowing a spending glut on the wrong talent and allowing a failing board to continue to get their payday will always end poorly.

The fact everyone has kept quiet about where we’re at as a club in regards to a sale speaks volumes for everything that is wrong with Everton.

Moshiri isn't the problem for me - in his first few years of ownership we came 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

Compare that to our "competitors" in the league like Aston Villa, WHU, Leicester, Newcastle and only Leicester have been consistently better over the last 5-6 seasons.

Thats not to say he hasn't made mistakes along the way but no club outside the top 6 has any real chance now of breaking the glass ceiling permanently. The only reason we're financially goosed is that we had the stupidity to actually think we could break the monopoly when we really should have just kept Alladyce in a job, spent the bare minimum and scraped top 10 every season with "healthy" accounts but then the fanbase would have moaned regardless and bemoaned no ambishun.

Thats the reality of football now - even had those clowns Brands and Walsh invested all that cash wisely it'll have fallen apart at some stage as soon as we had to start selling our better talent to keep rebuilding within the financial rules we'll have eventually signed a few duds at some stage. Not one club signs ballers every summer without fail its just the top clubs can afford the luxury of making a few mistakes clubs like us cannot.

Have we established what Graeme Sharpe does yet?
FEE7ED75-815D-42EB-B07C-0B6325411E17.webp

Bored of people trying to bring the club down. We all want success, however right now success for us needs to be staying in the league again. I’m sure people would rather win the carabao cup and be relegated just so they can say, we’ve won something.

The Moshiri bashing is growing old. He’s invested so much of his money. He’s exactly what we all wanted and because managers and directors of football have blown his money we all now point the finger at him, ridiculous. He’s given Lampard money and Frank/Thelwell have chosen to buy Mcneil and Maupay.

Kenwright, I agree that he doesn’t bring much to the table anymore but Christ this has been going on for years and nothing has ever changed. He’s at the club at least until the stadium is up. He will then have a stand named after him and probably become ‘life Chairman’ or something.

All of this energy needs to be focused elsewhere. How about using all of the negativity and saying ‘let’s do something positive for the game against Wolves on boxing day’, let’s get behind the team, let’s meet and greet the bus, every fan in blue Xmas hats, I don’t know, but I’m bored of the negative crap.

We all support the club, we all want success but that letter is just embarrassing, looks like it took 5 minutes to write with no thought process.

Wow. Bills dream type of fan right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back