#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know why people are bringing his name up anyway, we've just had to lose our best player in 2022 under Moshiris ownership, but everyone wants to forget a few months ago and go back 20 years
Some people need a target I suppose.

Each to their own though, my main issue is with some people seemingly wanting to beatify Wayne Rooney. Him and his agent had us over a barrell and had our pants down. It's not one or the other. The board being useless and Rooney being a rat can both be a thing.

Is that how desperate people are to pin stuff on Kenwright they have to go back to 89 now haha

You do realise when the PL started Sir Philip Carter was on of the people behind it, interesting to note the season Rooney went he was chairman then too
I have no major problem with Kenwright, he kept the club ticking over when our peers drove their clubs forward. If you compare Kenwright with Peter Johnson or Moshiri he appears favourable. However compared with Peter Rpbinson, David Dein or even Martin Edwards he is an utter disaster. Philip Carter was lucky that his peers in the 80s were happy to let their clubs tick over too.

Some people need a target I suppose.

Each to their own though, my main issue is with some people seemingly wanting to beatify Wayne Rooney. Him and his agent had us over a barrell and had our pants down. It's not one or the other. The board being useless and Rooney being a rat can both be a thing.
Thing is none of the Rooney stuff means anything either way, whoever was at fault, we came 4th after he left, it was a loooooonnnnngggg time ago.

Correct, well googled, the clown who was trying to pin 1989 on Bill needs to learn how to do the same.
Carter was great for Everton, and will always be respected.
I was comparing Bill Kenwright with his peers. You seem to think that only the Chairman does any thing on a board, while the rest do nothing.

Correct, well googled, the clown who was trying to pin 1989 on Bill needs to learn how to do the same.
Carter was great for Everton, and will always be respected.
Carter was involved with the formation of the Premier League. He along with four others were invited to dinner with ITV to discuss a break-away league that would feature the five largest clubs in the country (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur) more frequently than any other teams thus those five clubs would receive more money than the others. He responded favourably.

We also did tried to Super League.

I was comparing Bill Kenwright with his peers. You seem to think that only the Chairman does any thing on a board, while the rest do nothing.
No but it all stems from the top, like now, the only name on the table for debate is Moshiris, but he gets away with it because of the ground.
When Kenwright owner the club, it was his watch, now its been handed to someone else, who is killing it fast.
Are people really going to be happy with a nice new ground playing championship football? I know I wont

Carter was involved with the formation of the Premier League. He along with four others were invited to dinner with ITV to discuss a break-away league that would feature the five largest clubs in the country (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur) more frequently than any other teams thus those five clubs would receive more money than the others. He responded favourably.

Shame he didn't have the same vision for the Park End.

Then we say back and did nothing, nothing, from top 5 to nobody's

Shame he didn't have the same vision for the Park End.
Park End was Johnson wasnt it? Bought with the lottery funding?

Actually maybe not, I know he was featured on all the publicity for it afterwards but timing wise I guess it started before he came in.

I always found the Park End to be a really boring stand. I mean its fine but it's so generic.

No but it all stems from the top, like now, the only name on the table for debate is Moshiris, but he gets away with it because of the ground.
When Kenwright owner the club, it was his watch, now its been handed to someone else, who is killing it fast.
Are people really going to be happy with a nice new ground playing championship football? I know I wont
I always use David Dein at Arsenal, never Chairman nor owner yet he drove that club and transformed them. Unfortunately, we have never had anyone with that vision nor business strategy. Now nor any decade since the PL formed.

Park End was Johnson wasnt it? Bought with the lottery funding?

Actually maybe not, I know he was featured on all the publicity for it afterwards but timing wise I guess it started before he came in.

I always found the Park End to be a really boring stand. I mean its fine but it's so generic.
Not Johnson, it was already in the process of construction when he purchased the club in 1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back