#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use David Dein at Arsenal, never Chairman nor owner yet he drove that club and transformed them. Unfortunately, we have never had anyone with that vision nor business strategy. Now nor any decade since the PL formed.
I reckon that's fair comment. The rot started even before the premier league really.

They don't know who does what, it's been like that for years, they just know one name, so run with that, tin foil hat wearing nonsense mostly
Nice so when Kenwright is a board member, blame the Chairman, when he is the chairman blame the owner. When should we bring him to task and appraise him? Never!!! Arise Lord Kenwright of Mediocrity!!

Not Johnson, it was already in the process of construction when he purchased the club in 1994.
Yeah I remember him being on all the pictures with a big grin on his face when it was opened like it was him who built it with his own hands!

That timescale still annoys me, we almost had something. Johnson started well, Royle was great for us, I blame Claus Eftevaag for all our woes personally.

32F383DE-418B-4FBE-B5A0-4BC964BF70C3.webp

I reckon that's fair comment. The rot started even before the premier league really.
I would say it started after 1977 when Sir John Moores left the club. I know we had success in the 80's but I'd put that down to Kendal getting the right bunch of players and a slice of fortune. We lost our arrogance when Moores left, had a steady decade after that, followed by a steady decline to where we are now, diligently overseen by William Kenwright esquire.

Yeah I remember him being on all the pictures with a big grin on his face when it was opened like it was him who built it with his own hands!

That timescale still annoys me, we almost had something. Johnson started well, Royle was great for us, I blame Claus Eftevaag for all our woes personally.
That was when I was first going matches from 91 onwards. Howard 2 felt like an underachievement, and a bit of a holiday camp. Then Walker. I can't believe how quick Joe turned it around and then it ended so quick. Then back to Howard. Feels a long time ago but somehow not.

I didnt miss the point at all.

You are daft if you think he didnt want to leave, he could not wait to go. Literally the first chance he got.

The board being the enemy in this narrative should in no way make Rooney the hero.

He was sold for £10m upfront after William Kenwright himself assured Everton fans he Would not be sold even for £50m, he wouldn’t lie to us Would he

Depends on your definition of failure. Is it Bills failure that Moyes/Martinez wasnt successful? You could make a case to say more funds would have been nice but then he would have got it in the neck if he was stupid with money and made us the next Leeds.
It's also not his fault a billionaire accountant is incompetent

Kenwright chose him so it is partly his fault. You say more funds, what funds ? When Kenwright was at the helm Moyes funded his own transfers with sales, behave mate, don't try and change history, we were up to our eyes in debt, with no means to pay it back, at the very least Moshiri could afford to do so. Another thing Kenwright sold everything he could belonging to Everton, even season ticket sales for the next couple of years. Bill Kenwright never put a penny into Everton football club but has made £40m, let that sink in....

He was sold for £10m upfront after William Kenwright himself assured Everton fans he Would not be sold even for £50m, he wouldn’t lie to us Would he
He put a transfer request in on the last day of the window. I would assume his not being sold stuff was said under the assumption that he wanted to stay here at the club he supposedly loved.

You can't force a player to stay who doesnt want to be there, well you can, but you don't.

Why on earth would you believe Wayne Rooney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back