#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we established what Graeme Sharpe does yet?

Fluffs Bills cushions, amazes me with sharp how according to Pat Nevin(in his autobiography ) didn’t at all welcome the new signings in the summer of 88 instead there was a divide in the dressing room between the old guard and the new boys, yet he sits next to Kenwright watching this diarrhoea get served up to him and he says nothing

Missed the point completely there , Everton’s board told the world he wanted to leave , when he didn’t , he had to be sold due to the amount of brown stuff this board had put us in financially
I didnt miss the point at all.

You are daft if you think he didnt want to leave, he could not wait to go. Literally the first chance he got.

The board being the enemy in this narrative should in no way make Rooney the hero.

Are they considered good? Really? The magnificant sevength at best?

Lets be real mate the top 6 spots are largely sewn up outside of the odd one or two blip seasons. Throw Newcastle into the mix and long term 8th will be as good as it gets in a normal season.

The ESL clubs in England have what they want and we have no real way of breaking that long term.

So yes - 7th, 8th, 8th & 10th are positive seasons.

12th so so but that was the summer Brands lost us Gana/Zouma and signed rubbish like Delph and Kean.

Last season and this one have been poor but these are the results of having to balance the books. Same as Wolves who after finishing 7th twice on the bounce had to sell Jota to appease FFP, lost Jimenez and Neto to injury who havent returned the same players.

Even Leicester have started the decline with Vardy soon to be hanging his boots up, Maddison linked with the Geordies, club having financial problems etc.

West Ham - good 2 seasons under Wee Davey now falling back into the pack.

Same will happen with Brighton etc yet the same cartel remain constant at the top.

If Bill had driven the commercial aspect of the club in 89 and kept the club as peers to Man United, maybe just a small maybe; Rooney might have stayed.
If he wasnt such a horrible little rat he may have wanted to stay too.

There are loads of reasons. It worked out well for him, and I suppose short term at least it didnt work out horrifically for us either.

Bored of people trying to bring the club down. We all want success, however right now success for us needs to be staying in the league again. I’m sure people would rather win the carabao cup and be relegated just so they can say, we’ve won something.

The Moshiri bashing is growing old. He’s invested so much of his money. He’s exactly what we all wanted and because managers and directors of football have blown his money we all now point the finger at him, ridiculous. He’s given Lampard money and Frank/Thelwell have chosen to buy Mcneil and Maupay.

Kenwright, I agree that he doesn’t bring much to the table anymore but Christ this has been going on for years and nothing has ever changed. He’s at the club at least until the stadium is up. He will then have a stand named after him and probably become ‘life Chairman’ or something.

All of this energy needs to be focused elsewhere. How about using all of the negativity and saying ‘let’s do something positive for the game against Wolves on boxing day’, let’s get behind the team, let’s meet and greet the bus, every fan in blue Xmas hats, I don’t know, but I’m bored of the negative crap.

We all support the club, we all want success but that letter is just embarrassing, looks like it took 5 minutes to write with no thought process.

Andy Prentice, ladies and gentlemen!

If Bill had driven the commercial aspect of the club in 89 and kept the club as peers to Man United, maybe just a small maybe; Rooney might have stayed.
Is that how desperate people are to pin stuff on Kenwright they have to go back to 89 now haha

You do realise when the PL started Sir Philip Carter was on of the people behind it, interesting to note the season Rooney went he was chairman then too

This is the sort of complacent attitude that is part of the reason why we've been in decline for 30 years

"Just support the team" is nothing more than meaningless buzzwords. We've all been supporting the club through thin and thin for the last 3 decades, and all of our lives in many cases. Goodison will be full every week between now and the end of the season, there won't be an away ticket left unsold for the rest of the season, but what good does it achieve while the people at the top continue to make mistake after mistake?

Exactly. "Just get behind the club"... I've been doing that since 1988 and not got a lot to show for it. Whats in it for us?

Was Everton controlling the narrative whilst Rooney was playing for Manchester United giving loads to the fans?

Rooney completely controlled his own narrative and fueled it further. He wanted to leave and he got his wish.
I don't even know why people are bringing his name up anyway, we've just had to lose our best player in 2022 under Moshiris ownership, but everyone wants to forget a few months ago and go back 20 years

Is that how desperate people are to pin stuff on Kenwright they have to go back to 89 now haha

You do realise when the PL started Sir Philip Carter was on of the people behind it, interesting to note the season Rooney went he was chairman then too
Imagine trying to come for Sir Philly.

LOL

While Carter was chairman of Everton, he oversaw some of their greatest successes, including the 1984 FA Cup triumph, the European Cup Winners' Cup glory of 1985, as well as two league championships.

Imagine trying to come for Sir Philly.

LOL

While Carter was chairman of Everton, he oversaw some of their greatest successes, including the 1984 FA Cup triumph, the European Cup Winners' Cup glory of 1985, as well as two league championships.
Correct, well googled, the clown who was trying to pin 1989 on Bill needs to learn how to do the same.
Carter was great for Everton, and will always be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back