6 + 2 Point Deductions

I am talking about your Onana and Branthwaite. I am sure Onana will be delighted to be told in the summer he can’t join Arsenal or Newcastle and double his salary
Pretty sure that if a decent offer comes in for either player they would be sold. As I say one of the most disastrous things a club can do is block a player who wants to leave

A transfer ban would've been arguably as damaging, if not more, than the points deduction.

Threadbare squad unable to strengthen for 18-24 months. Good god.
A transfer ban of 12 months would’ve been completely fair and let’s face it we just went through a window with 0 signings so all we’d be missing is doing business this coming summer which we could survive a lot easier than points deductions

Really they should just lower our FFP ceiling by the amount of the breach for the period moving forward. We’d have less room to play with for any future transfers.

For anyone making any absurd argument that we deserve to be punished:

We’ve been forced to sell/let go:

Richarlison Gordon Digne Allan James Mina Bernard plus the two academy strikers

We’ve been hamstrung in the transfer window for the past 7 windows

We lost our manager Ancelotti partly due to the FFP issue looming

We’ve been embroiled in two back to back relegation battles partly due to these three issues combined with some other bad decisions

We've suffered lost prize money from the league positions lost from selling our best players.

The regulations, fraudulent as they are, are punishing enough by themselves, in order to comply with them we’ve gone from a club challenging for Europe to one that is fighting to stay in the prem.

We don’t need an additional 20 points penalty for an accounting treatment error. We’ve punished enough, the regulations have helped destroy this club as any sort of competitive entity. This entire situation has now gone way beyond what is even rational.

Were essentially looking at everything I’ve mentioned above, plus upto 20 points deduction, an inevitable relegation, and all the issues that will bring, just for having the temerity to try and push for any sort of European football and building a new stadium. Completely absurd.

I read somewhere yesterday that this is likely to be resolved in the courts.
I am not sure if that is likely or even possible but would be a nightmare for the PL.
The fact that we are being represented by a KC makes me wonder if this is a thinly veiled threat to the PL of what action we take next.
Should have been straight in at that level from the start.

We should have marched in with a show of force and made the IC defecate their pants and make them realise that kangaroo court behaviour and rulings should not be considered let alone actually be used.

Should have been straight in at that level from the start.

We should have marched in with a show of force and made the IC defecate their pants and make them realise that kangaroo court behaviour and rulings should not be considered let alone actually be used.
I think that’s the route we should have went down in the first place. Talking about unfair sporting advantage. What about us? What about us having to sell players and not being able to really spend! That’s a massive sporting disadvantage. I just hope super silk pointed out the holes and explained them better than what Moshiri tried to first time around.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back