6 + 2 Point Deductions

Its 6 automatic up to 12 maximum for each charge , we had ONE
we're have the other charges come from.?
They give a nonsensical 3 sentence paragraph for why there should have been a 60 point deduction. Here's a link to the article if you want to give the rubbish a read. I have always thought this crowd are anti Everton but gets more and more obvious by the day.

In 2021-22, Everton finished 16th. One place and one point above Leeds and two places and four points above Burnley.

A 10-point deduction would have seen them finish 18th, below Burnley in 17th and Leeds in 16th.

So Burnley could in theory sue for for loss of earnings while out of PL and Leeds could sue for the 16th place money (a few mil). But it'd then be double punishment so the PL wouldn't be able to allow both - Everton should be able to tie them in knots. You can't apply retrospective punishment and also an actual punishment. One or the other.
There's nothing to stop any club from trying to sue I suppose but I don't see how they can win. We are all bound by the Premier Leagues rules. We can be made to pay compensation in addition to a points deduction but how can this add up to hundreds of millions.

If we are considered to have gained a sporting advantage for 4 seasons, as inferred by the commission then how does anyone calculate what that is? How can anyone prove that the advantage we gained was so significant that we would have been relegated in lieu of someone else without it? Particularly given this was a 'techn

does a fine punish the fans?
If it means we have to pay a 30m fine instead of signing a 30m player, then it could be argued that we will be paying to watch an inferior product, so that could be seen as punishing the fans.

I just don't see how losing a few points punishes the fans though - we are still getting to watch the exact same product (which I'm sure some will argue is punishment anyway 😂)

They give a nonsensical 3 sentence paragraph for why there should have been a 60 point deduction. Here's a link to the article if you want to give the rubbish a read. I have always thought this crowd are anti Everton but gets more and more obvious by the day.
Not reading it mate more than likely more Matt Hughes ,or ghost written by him rubbish, I would ban him and his paper from the club if I could.
Worst type of kopite him

I was talking to a friend today.
He is an RS fan.
Even he says we will keep the league because 4 teams are just bad and we will leave them behind.
Everton are good enough to stay in the league despite the penalty.
I agree with that.

COYB
UTFT

🤘
The question we have to answer is: do we think Everton will win more games than Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United from today until the end of the season? We definitely should...

does a fine punish the fans?
Don’t make the mistake of thinking we haven’t been fined. If ten points relegates us it’s an enormous financial penalty but even if we survive the difference in place money ten points will make is still massive. The fact it’s both a massive sporting and financial penalty in one is a big part of the reason it’s so unreasonable and disproportionate.

There's nothing to stop any club from trying to sue I suppose but I don't see how they can win. We are all bound by the Premier Leagues rules. We can be made to pay compensation in addition to a points deduction but how can this add up to hundreds of millions.

If we are considered to have gained a sporting advantage for 4 seasons, as inferred by the commission then how does anyone calculate what that is? How can anyone prove that the advantage we gained was so significant that we would have been relegated in lieu of someone else without it? Particularly given this was a 'techn
Didn't get to finish this before it posted!

...Particularly given this was a 'technical breach'. We thought we complied. The Premier League disagreed.

The only clubs that can have a major gripe in my opinion are one each from 21/22 and 22/23 season.

Had the league dealt with the breach earlier then the 10 points would have sent us down in lieu of someone else in either of those two seasons. However, that's not our fault. It's the fault of the Premier League for not dealing with it sooner and the reason that they have now changed the rules.

Ha Jesus wept

By that logic every club should be deducted points as they all claimed COVID losses.

Sorry but I can't take seriously a piece wrote by a bloke named Oli Gimp.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back