6 + 2 Point Deductions

I suppose one way they'll be looking to take the sting of anger and protests out of the fans would be to hand Everton some very favourable decisions on the pitch and get us out of the relegation zone as early as possible - and then return to the usual abysmal decisions we face.

These protests have to be regardless of position in the table. They have to be every game home and away until the season's end.

Just keep hammering that corrupt line in chants and banners all the time no matter what.

The 'product' getting beamed around the world to their global customers has to be the audience. Hit these corrupt scumbags where it hurts them.

Not sure it does to be honest.
It’s relatively clear .
And most neutral observers seem to think there is little hope of overturning it.
As I say it seems the people responsible took a decision to gamble on a better finishing position than we eventually achieved, I can forgive them for that. But attempting to conceal it was foolish and we are paying the price.

The appeal only have to disagree with 1 contentiousness factor and it reduces the points tally based on the PL calculations.

I'd be shocked, and most of the football community would be to, if that doesn't happen and they proceed with the 10 points.

Then there's the knock on effects...

Not sure it does to be honest.
It’s relatively clear .
And most neutral observers seem to think there is little hope of overturning it.
As I say it seems the people responsible took a decision to gamble on a better finishing position than we eventually achieved, I can forgive them for that. But attempting to conceal it was foolish and we are paying the price.
I think it does. It stated were weren’t being dishonest and then goes on later to basically say we were. A lot of assumptions made, and a lot of mitigating factors ruled out.

Attempting to conceal it is definitely foolish and that’s on the club no doubt.

I suppose one way they'll be looking to take the sting of anger and protests out of the fans would be to hand Everton some very favourable decisions on the pitch and get us out of the relegation zone as early as possible - and then return to the usual abysmal decisions we face.

These protests have to be regardless of position in the table. They have to be every game home and away until the season's end.

Just keep hammering that corrupt line in chants and banners all the time no matter what.

The 'product' getting beamed around the world to their global customers has to be the audience. Hit these corrupt scumbags where it hurts them.
fighting corruption with corruption, the EPL way

Personally I’m not a fan of howling at the moon over any perceived injustice real or imagined.
I also dislike adopting woe is us , victim status.
Act like a victim and you will become a victim .
Let’s us help fight to overcome this setback where it matters, on the pitch.
As supporters I hope we rise above this and support the team to safety and beyond.
Take this massive setback on the chin and come back fighting, not throwing tantrums.
Let’s concentrate on winning not whining.

Everyone knows we have been mis-managed for years but the refusal by the commission to accept the sponsorship losses and Player X as plausible mitigation has put us £19.5m over the rolling 3 year limit and that is what we should be hammering home.
The arbitrary 3 year limit of £105m was set in 2013 and has not been adjusted even if at least 2 new TV deals have brought even more inflationary pressures onto all clubs P&L.
The limit should be circa 140-150m if it was adjusted to reflect 10years of general and football related inflation.
I agree on the player X thing and that was unforeseen circumstances which became very awkward and I'm not really sure what any club is meant to do in that situation. The sponsorship thing was frustrating but after it happened the club made no effort whatsoever to try and rectify the situation with new sponsors, the commercial side of the game is something we have always been terrible at.

Everyone knows we have been mis-managed for years but the refusal by the commission to accept the sponsorship losses and Player X as plausible mitigation has put us £19.5m over the rolling 3 year limit and that is what we should be hammering home.
The arbitrary 3 year limit of £105m was set in 2013 and has not been adjusted even if at least 2 new TV deals have brought even more inflationary pressures onto all clubs P&L.
The limit should be circa 140-150m if it was adjusted to reflect 10years of general and football related inflation.

I agree. But I think their COVID year allowing certain losses was PL 'adjustment' period.

And I've said a few times...it's funny how ridiculous our COVID losses seemed to be the biggest bone of contention before this started. Only for it not to be ripped apart in the hearing.

Premier League corruption
(chat gpt never change.)
Prevalent
Refereeing
Errors
Manipulating
Integrity,
Ethics,
and Results.
Leading
Ethics
Askew,
Generally
Unfair
Exploitation
Controversies,
Offenses,
Refereeing Rackets
Undermining
Principles,
Transparency,
Integrity,
and Objective Norms

Yep, Made a massive rod for their own back.

I know its not as simple as saying "well look at what these punishments were" but we should be saying exactly that in our appeal.

West ham played 2 illegal players for half a season which resulted in others going down ( tevez played a MASSIVE part as well )

And they only got a fine, its just a massive pee take, tried to make an example out of us without thinking of the consequences for themselves. I wouldn't accept a single point deduction going off previous cases
A guy on the West Ham board at the time of the Tevez affair was one of the three people on the "independent commission".

I think it does. It stated were weren’t being dishonest and then goes on later to basically say we were. A lot of assumptions made, and a lot of mitigating factors ruled out.

Attempting to conceal it is definitely foolish and that’s on the club no doubt.
The 'less than frankness' is the attempt to interpret the rules about what expenditure counts to exclude certain things. It can't be equated to 'attempting to conceal'. The Premier League didn't allege dishonesty and the commission agreed there was none.

It may be the beginning of a prolonged period in The PL of complaint, claims, and counter-claims. The legal profession will be busy.

It's the fundamental unfairness and lack of genuine competition in The PL that goes to the heart of the issue.

Improved transparency and improved self-governance of football, if it were to come about, really doesn't even touch the sides.

There has to be salary caps and transfer spending limits imposed on all clubs unrelated to size or turnover. It used to be a game of 11 vs.11.

But that won't happen of course and everyone knows the reason why. It's a Big Six cartel and everything else flows from that premise. Results, refereeing decisions, and media coverage. Everything starts and ends from that. The only way to muscle in on that cartel is through state-backing with resources nobody can ignore. Billionaire owners and consortiums are now unable to compete at the highest level. Unless that is addressed, things will go on as they are.

I'd accept Everton being punished, not to the scale we have been, but a punishment nonetheless, if it became the lightening rod for the reforms needed. But of course they will not be. Consequently I cannot accept this punishment and we as a club will not take it lying down.

I agree on the player X thing and that was unforeseen circumstances which became very awkward and I'm not really sure what any club is meant to do in that situation. The sponsorship thing was frustrating but after it happened the club made no effort whatsoever to try and rectify the situation with new sponsors, the commercial side of the game is something we have always been terrible at.
The point is you can’t conjure up a multi-million pound sponsorship out of thin air between Feb 22 and June 22 to replace the one you have just lost overnight due to an unforeseen war and the owner/owner’s backer having their assets frozen or being sanctioned by the UK Govt.
We all agree that Everton’s commercial performance has been woeful for years(even before the advent of the PL) and we are trying to improve that with BMD but that’s not the issue currently at stake here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back