6 + 2 Point Deductions

It may be the beginning of a prolonged period in The PL of complaint, claims, and counter-claims. The legal profession will be busy.

It's the fundamental unfairness and lack of genuine competition in The PL that goes to the heart of the issue.

Improved transparency and improved self-governance of football, if it were to come about, really doesn't even touch the sides.

There has to be salary caps and transfer spending limits imposed on all clubs unrelated to size or turnover. It used to be a game of 11 vs.11.

But that won't happen of course and everyone knows the reason why. It's a Big Six cartel and everything else flows from that premise. Results, refereeing decisions, and media coverage. Everything starts and ends from that. The only way to muscle in on that cartel is through state-backing with resources nobody can ignore. Billionaire owners and consortiums are now unable to compete at the highest level. Unless that is addressed, things will go on as they are.

I'd accept Everton being punished, not to the scale we have been, but a punishment nonetheless, if it became the lightening rod for the reforms needed. But of course they will not be. Consequently I cannot accept this punishment and we as a club will not take it lying down.
Spot on mate. But we know it won’t a level playing field.

There’s no doubt we deserve a punishment, it’s the excessive nature of it and the fact that is a sporting sanction, not financial. They have set a precedent before by not punishing the fans by deducting points.

Personally I’m not a fan of howling at the moon over any perceived injustice real or imagined.
I also dislike adopting woe is us , victim status.
Act like a victim and you will become a victim .
Let’s us help fight to overcome this setback where it matters, on the pitch.
As supporters I hope we rise above this and support the team to safety and beyond.
Take this massive setback on the chin and come back fighting, not throwing tantrums.
Let’s concentrate on winning not whining.
If someone burgled your house, would you sit there in an empty room keeping a stiff upper lip whilst admiring the bare four walls of your lounge?

In sport, nobody likes cheating or injustice, just a level playing field. Regardless of if a balance sheet we are bang to rights, the deck has been stacked against us from a competition stance since day one of the prem, now we’ve been used (again - Niasse etc) to make a statement to protect the status quo. It’s not “playing the victim”, blues have been sick to the back teeth of the referee decisions and other dubious antics by the prem for years but this takes it to a whole new level, all signed off by a corrupt “independent” commission that may as well be headed up by the Gambino family

Personally I’m not a fan of howling at the moon over any perceived injustice real or imagined.
I also dislike adopting woe is us , victim status.
Act like a victim and you will become a victim .
Let’s us help fight to overcome this setback where it matters, on the pitch.
As supporters I hope we rise above this and support the team to safety and beyond.
Take this massive setback on the chin and come back fighting, not throwing tantrums.
Let’s concentrate on winning not whining.
It's not whining when everyone knows that the league have tried to make an example out of Everton and that 10 points is a ludicrous punishment. Accepting treatment like this would be weak and the worst thing we can do.

For justice to be served, a punishment must meet the crime, and this clearly doesn't and it's because of the wider context at play with the league's fear of an outside regulator. I don't accept this disgraceful treatment and I sincerely hope the club stand up and defend themselves.

The appeal only have to disagree with 1 contentiousness factor and it reduces the points tally based on the PL calculations.

I'd be shocked, and most of the football community would be to, if that doesn't happen and they proceed with the 10 points.

Then there's the knock on effects...
That would be common sense but I fear we won't get a fair hearing as they have clearly set out to make an example of us.

It is important to remember just how mad and ridiculous this punishment is I mean it essentially boils down to a dispute over a few million on an accounting difference to do with interest rates on the stadium and not being able to sell sigurdson because of a police investigation and we end up being deducted an unprecedented number of points in-season prior to an appeal?

Any half decent lawyer should be able to argue the case and blow their report to smithereens but the worrying thing is who is going into bat for us?

Kenwright is gone
Moshiri has no interest anymore and would probably be a hindrance
Barrett-Baxendale and Ingles didn't even turn up for the hearing so unlikely they would for the appeal
We currently have a temporary board because the takeover is going through

I have no faith in the club whatsoever as they told us they denied the charges and then went and admitted guilt so they might not even appeal at all!

That would be common sense but I fear we won't get a fair hearing as they have clearly set out to make an example of us.

It is important to remember just how mad and ridiculous this punishment is I mean it essentially boils down to a dispute over a few million on an accounting difference to do with interest rates on the stadium and not being able to sell sigurdson because of a police investigation and we end up being deducted an unprecedented number of points in-season prior to an appeal?

Any half decent lawyer should be able to argue the case and blow their report to smithereens but the worrying thing is who is going into bat for us?

Kenwright is gone
Barrett-Baxendale and Ingles didn't even turn up for the hearing so unlikely they would for the appeal

I have no faith in the club whatsoever as they told us they denied the charges and then went and admitted guilt so they might not even appeal at all!
Hopefully all those people you mentioned remain far away from the case as we should have representation from lawyers not cheerleaders anyway.

Everyone knows we have been mis-managed for years but the refusal by the commission to accept the sponsorship losses and Player X as plausible mitigation has put us £19.5m over the rolling 3 year limit and that is what we should be hammering home.
The arbitrary 3 year limit of £105m was set in 2013 and has not been adjusted even if at least 2 new TV deals have brought even more inflationary pressures onto all clubs P&L.
The limit should be circa 140-150m if it was adjusted to reflect 10years of general and football related inflation.
Sure, we're already a financial disaster needing injections of cash every month...why not make a bad situation worse?

Kenwright is gone

While I agree, apart from kopites the majority of the football community feel its harsh punishment.

If they dont reduce the points, that's the league sticking to their guns which in turn means they're up for a scrap with City and Chelsea...who, I'm sorry to say, will take them to the cleaners and will back off.

As the feller on twitter said...if they stick to this punishment and DONT go as hard on City and Chelsea...it only proves that an independent regulator is needed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back