6 + 2 Point Deductions

Here we go.. the rules need to be changed..
He's changed his tune hasn't he, usually quick to put the boot into Everton.

But on this occasion he is absolutely spot on.
Looks like a wholesale change in the media over the last day or 2 ( apart from the odd idiot ) .
It was " broke the rules serve your punishment " . Now they have had time to digest the findings particularly the mitigating factors the commission refuse to take into account , but moreso the actual unprecedented severity of the punishment its much different.
They have changed tack and are acknowledging what the majority of football already know.

Who are these faceless experts who made the decisions what is their background?
The chairman had no football experience or any interest in football as far as Im aware. Which is incredible given that you need someone who is immersed in the culture to understand the pressures on PL clubs and what they have to do (what they're forced to do given the hyped up inflationary transfer market that the PL encourage) to keep competitive.

But look, this was a hit team brought in to do a job and they did it: they were there to impose a heavy penalty on Everton and stick their head on a pole for government to see the PL can clean house.

The whole of football knows this.

Here we go.. the rules need to be changed..
Not a problem with them changing them, but only after the City and Chelsea verdicts
Interesting piece by Northcroft in todays Times

Questioning why both DBB and Inglis refused to attend the Commission despite the breach occurring on their watch and how EFC tried to swamp the Commission by submitting over 40,000 documents

And that is by the by. Perhaps more critical is that he states that every time we signed a player last year - Onana £34m, McNeil £20m, Maupay £15m, Garner £9m and Gueye £8m - the PL warned us we were sailing very close to breaches and sanctions but we chose to ignore it.

There are always three sides to every stories so may be it is better to accept the 10 points as we appear to be well placed to get sufficient points to survive?
Elephant is the possible legal action by other clubs if we accept guilt though and almost certainly administration
i think someone had previous for headlocking on the Commission and it would have triggered DBBs PTSD

The stories that clubs can demand hundreds of millions is way wide of the mark.

As it stands, Leeds is the club with the strongest case and they'd be owed a max of £2-3m.

But Everton need to start hitting back.
How leeds? I'd have thought they'd have the least chance.. even if we were docked 700 trillion points they'd still have gone down.

Interesting piece by Northcroft in todays Times

Questioning why both DBB and Inglis refused to attend the Commission despite the breach occurring on their watch and how EFC tried to swamp the Commission by submitting over 40,000 documents

And that is by the by. Perhaps more critical is that he states that every time we signed a player last year - Onana £34m, McNeil £20m, Maupay £15m, Garner £9m and Gueye £8m - the PL warned us we were sailing very close to breaches and sanctions but we chose to ignore it.

There are always three sides to every stories so may be it is better to accept the 10 points as we appear to be well placed to get sufficient points to survive?
Elephant is the possible legal action by other clubs if we accept guilt though and almost certainly administration
But those signings were after the period to which the charge relates?

Even if we are out of the relegation zone by Xmas and all the angst dissipates we cant let this go, the PL are hoping time, apathy and inertia are their friends here. we need to permanently make a show of them.
This can never be forgotten.

I said yesterday - and I'm right: this event politicises the fanbase of Everton for all time now. We've been set up to be taken down a blind alley and mugged by the game's establishment.

It can never go back to what it was. Our fans will never forgive or forget what's been done to their club.

This can never be forgotten.

I said yesterday - and I'm right: this event politicises the fanbase of Everton for all time now. We've been set up to be taken down a blind alley and mugged by the game's establishment.

It can never go back to what it was. Our fans will never forgive or forget what's been done to their club.

Agree 100%.

If we allow the PL to treat us this way, without fight back we will hence forth and always will be a mark.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back