6 + 2 Point Deductions

WTF are you saying here? The financial situation was NEVER the issue. Everton had at least 4 strong mitigating factors why they overspent and they were all sourced back to the PL's own doorstep.

Everton are not to blame here.

In any case, as I said, you and your attitude are the past mate. An irrelevancy. You represent no one.
Oh they very much are.

Look, the PL are wrong 'uns. They were out for blood and wanted a show trial. BUT, Everton did things badly. Yes, they were transparent and I think that should be worth something - they didn't try to cheat - but they still messed up.

Of course they can punish them for what happened under a previous ownership. There's such a thing as due diligence when taking over a club and to say the new owners were completely oblivious would have to be stretching the truth. Let's say you are correct and they get away with that, the spending since the new owner took over in May 2022 is absolutely going to be questioned and I would expect huge losses to be announced when those accounts are announced. They lost something approaching 350M over the last four seasons prior to this and the spending has gone up.

There's no way they are escaping a worse punishment than ours.

You are so naive..

Id like to see somethin more organised already then i have at the moment - maybe that unfair as its only been a couple of days, what we dont want is a load of splinters or something chaotic.

We want organsied toxicity.
Yes, and I think you'll see an 'altogether' type coordination this week.

It's not about last season, it's about 2021-22.

Leeds could claim that if Everton had been docked 10 points for the season of the breach (2021-22 accounts) then they would have finished above Everton and therefore be worthy of more prize money.

Why Forest are trying to get involved is beyond me.
If Everton had been docked in 21-22... in that case wouldn't their claim be against the PL, the timing of the deduction has nothing to do with Everton.
If teams are going to engage in conjecture then maybe we went down got our act together came back up and would now have 12 wins in the PL.

Oh they very much are.

Look, the PL are wrong 'uns. They were out for blood and wanted a show trial. BUT, Everton did things badly. Yes, they were transparent and I think that should be worth something - they didn't try to cheat - but they still messed up.
Even within that 'wrongness' they weren't to blame. The PL changed their own way of counting what goes into what category with FFP suddenly having infrastructure debt thrown into it. And as far as I'm aware Everton don't control geo-politics and start wars to bollocks themselves up,

Stop handing ammunition to our enemies.

Of course they can punish them for what happened under a previous ownership. There's such a thing as due diligence when taking over a club and to say the new owners were completely oblivious would have to be stretching the truth. Let's say you are correct and they get away with that, the spending since the new owner took over in May 2022 is absolutely going to be questioned and I would expect huge losses to be announced when those accounts are announced. They lost something approaching 350M over the last four seasons prior to this and the spending has gone up.

Of course they COULD. I just don't think they will and that would be an excuse.

They're not going to touch the PL cash cows.

I mean...look at La Liga when they 'punished' Barca. They still made transfers, registered players, and still won the league last season

WTF are you saying here? The financial situation was NEVER the issue. Everton had at least 4 strong mitigating factors why they overspent and they were all sourced back to the PL's own doorstep.

Everton are not to blame here.

In any case, as I said, you and your attitude are the past mate. An irrelevancy. You represent no one.
You are in denial.
The mitigating factors were all b/s.
Everton, the club and the supporters are not to blame but the people who owned and controlled our finances absolutely are. They are the people who knew the rules, were warned several times when signing new players and still did it anyway. The fact you defend their actions is testament to your ignorance.
Your failure to accept this is exactly the reason we are in this situation and nothing is improving other than a few performances on the field.
Are you even aware of how we are currently being propped by an entity that could come in and destroy our once great club completely?
You talk as if you are some higher authority or super supporter but all you are is an internet warrior trying to bully your way around.

They are. They've punished us for the message it sends to government and not other clubs.
That's why our sanction will reduced on appeal, and a formula will be found when it's City's time that will suit all parties.

Proportionate punishment for Man City would be expulsion from the league. It couldn't be anything else.
What's happened to us is a fire that The PL and football as a whole, can absorb, unfortunately, for our club.

City's expulsion would be nuclear for The PL. It would be an admittance that a multiple title winning, and now Champions League winning side, a club risen to become a staple star attraction for The PL, was built on cheating and corruption.

If City fall, The PL falls with them. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Yes and no.
Yes, because no other club has suffered this fate.
No, because it now sets a suitable benchmark in terms of punishment.

If you set a 3 to 5 point benchmark, then some owners may decide that the punishment is worth the gamble. If 10pts is the minimum punishment going forward, it sets a firm tone... and frankly, I'm all for it. Clubs cannot keep losing over 100M every 3 years. It's not sustainable.

You get 9 points for the worst of the worst administration, you know the one where you fail to pay you're players and staff and finish off getting all you're debts paid off for you. That is the highest benchmark. Were 19.5 m over a three year period, we argued it was 7m, they disagreed with our mitigating circumstances. Now 10 'kin points is a joke, it is far in excess to what it should be, most rational people seem to agree with that, except you and a certain few on here, I wonder why that is.

Of course they COULD. I just don't think they will and that would be an excuse.

They're not going to touch the PL cash cows.

I mean...look at La Liga when they 'punished' Barca. They still made transfers, registered players, and still won the league last season
Fine. What you think and what might happen will be revealed in the course of time.
Barca is another animal in another league. They have been somewhat restrained as they haven't been able to sign some of the players they wanted and have certainly had registration problems. It remains to be seen how La Liga handle their continuing huge losses.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back