6 + 2 Point Deductions

You are in denial.
The mitigating factors were all b/s.
Everton, the club and the supporters are not to blame but the people who owned and controlled our finances absolutely are. They are the people who knew the rules, were warned several times when signing new players and still did it anyway. The fact you defend their actions is testament to your ignorance.
Your failure to accept this is exactly the reason we are in this situation and nothing is improving other than a few performances on the field.
Are you even aware of how we are currently being propped by an entity that could come in and destroy our once great club completely?
You talk as if you are some higher authority or super supporter but all you are is an internet warrior trying to bully your way around.
IMG_0099.webp

You get 9 points for the worst of the worst administration, you know the one where you fail to pay you're players and staff and finish off getting all you're debts paid off for you. That is the highest benchmark. Were 19.5 m over a three year period, we argued it was 7m, they disagreed with our mitigating circumstances. Now 10 'kin points is a joke, it is far in excess to what it should be, most rational people seem to agree with that, except you and a certain few on here, I wonder why that is.
We all know and they know it is going to be appealed. That is why they set it at 10 and it will end up at 5 or 6. It's all part of the game.

Yes and no.
Yes, because no other club has suffered this fate.
No, because it now sets a suitable benchmark in terms of punishment.

If you set a 3 to 5 point benchmark, then some owners may decide that the punishment is worth the gamble. If 10pts is the minimum punishment going forward, it sets a firm tone... and frankly, I'm all for it. Clubs cannot keep losing over 100M every 3 years. It's not sustainable.
Your having a laugh. Whole thing was a show case and we were the pawns. A debatable 19.5 million over ffp which was to do with interest on a new stadium being built and had nothing to do with gaining a footballing advantage and happened during a global pandemic, cost of living crisis due to a war, meanwhile Everton hid nothing and had openly worked with the PL about it for a couple of years and still all mitigating factors were ignored by a non independent panel who leaked what the penalty was going to be a few weeks before the official report.

It is an absolute travesty and everyone should be up in arms about, thankfully most are. It is all out war against the corrupt premier league for eternity for me.

It's not about last season, it's about 2021-22.

Leeds could claim that if Everton had been docked 10 points for the season of the breach (2021-22 accounts) then they would have finished above Everton and therefore be worthy of more prize money.

Why Forest are trying to get involved is beyond me.

So they want us punished twice, three times for the same crime, wonderful. Ignore them all they are just ambulance 🚑 chasers and I'm sure our fans will let them know next time we draw them in a Cup of something.

In respect to being sued, that could go on for years, decades. Even if they could sue us directly, we could say “ok, fair enough, you want to sue us for Prem League retrospective inaction so we will use the same logic and sue city, united, chelsea and everybody else using the same logic, then they can sue everyone else, then everyone can sue…. YEARS.

Then again, the Prem League could employ an independent commission to JUST fast track the Everton issue. Again.

Apparently the compensation has to be settled this season which raises the spectre of administration

Your having a laugh. Whole thing was a show case and we were the pawns. A debatable 19.5 million over ffp which was to do with interest on a new stadium being built and had nothing to do with gaining a footballing advantage and happened during a global pandemic, cost of living crisis due to a war, meanwhile Everton hid nothing and had openly worked with the PL about it for a couple of years and still all mitigating factors were ignored by a non independent panel who leaked what the penalty was going to be a few weeks before the official report.

It is an absolute travesty and everyone should be up in arms about, thankfully most are. It is all out war against the corrupt premier league for eternity for me.
Another fool in denial.

Good post Sir.
We all know the league is rigged. Leicester is a great example of that. Won the league and where are they now because they weren't allowed to spend to stay at that level? Another example is Wolves, they came up and achieved 7th place twice. They were soon restricted in what they could do. Villa, Forest and Bournemouth will be next. The only outlier is Brighton as they have done well and recouped a lot of money...however, their best players have been snatched up just as Southampton's were.

The only issue I have with your comments is that final sentence. Something needs to be done to control this ridiculous and reckless spending that says it is OK to only lose 105M every three years. We were caught red handed and while the Prem league is at pains to say we didn't deliberately mislead their panel, the reality is that statement is window dressing.

Our owner and our management is to blame for this mess, yet so many of our fans want to lay blame elsewhere. They want to make excuses for what amounts to fraudulent statements.

As I have repeatedly said, this should be the beginning of a new start. We admitted guilt. We should appeal to reduce the points deficit and we should move forward. We won't go down and we will still be a Prem side next season.

What happens to other sides is their business. We have to trust the Prem. will deal with other offenders accordingly. Now let's stop the victim act. Our owner put us in this position. No-one else.
This is where I have a bit of a problem. And, I assume most Evertonians.

I suppose what we're feeling could be described as 'pre-emptive' indignation. Before the fact, we are generally assuming that the footballing authorities will not be dealing with other offenders accordingly. Given their history, I believe they have more than earned this complete distrust
No sane Everton fan would deny that the decision makers at the club have put us in this mess, however, while I agree with most of your post, There is no way I can trust the Prem.

It's not about last season, it's about 2021-22.

Leeds could claim that if Everton had been docked 10 points for the season of the breach (2021-22 accounts) then they would have finished above Everton and therefore be worthy of more prize money.

Why Forest are trying to get involved is beyond me.
At the time of the complaint Forest were in danger of relegation hence their involvement.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back