6 + 2 Point Deductions

The compensation claim of that magnitude is absolute rubbish to be honest. It doesn’t make any logical sense.

In my mind, you can approach it in 3 ways.

Scenario 1, the points deducted are applied to the season in which the assessment was made. Which I believe is 21-22.

Minus 10 points in that season. That season we finished on 39 points. Taking 10 points from us would have left us on 29 points. Dropping two places below Leeds and Burnley (who were relegated). In that scenario, Leeds should be awarded compensation totalling the amount of lost revenue for finishing a place below where they would have. Burnley would be awarded compensation for the place below plus the estimated cost of relegation (c£85-100m) less the cost parachute payments received (£0 for Burnley I think as they were promoted straight away). To give context, Burnley’s total revenue that season was £123m of which £105m was from TV. That’s a hard cap for compensation. However, their revenue in the following season was £80m so the loss of relegation is most likely going to be closer to £25m.

In this scenario, compensation would be around £30m in total.

Scenario 2 would be that the points are split roughly equally over the assessment period. 3 points per season for 19/20, 20/21 and 4 points for 21/22. In that scenario we wouldn’t drop any places for 19/20 or 20/21 and the outcome for 21/22 would be exactly the same as for Scenario 1. Total compensation of around £30m.

Scenario 3 is more complex. It would be to remove our results from the table for the 21-22 season. That’s hard to calculate. You’d have to take points off people who beat us or drew with us and then calculate the league table from there.

if it was just for the final season, that would mean Burnley and Leeds would lose 3 points and 1 point respectively. Southampton and Villa would also lose 3 points a piece but the outcome would be the same. In that scenario, both Leeds and Burnley would get compensation for being a place higher, as would the bottom two clubs (effectively playing us bottom).

Total compensation would be £10m.

However that methodology is unlikely to be used as it could have implications across the table as teams above us beat us too. Would someone else win the league? Would someone else get CL. It’s also unlikely to be a route that either Leeds or Burnley would attempt as they would reduce their potential compensation.

Realistically, the only club that has a genuinely issue is Burnley and even then I believe £100m is way way off.
There is also commercial deals impacted by relegation as well as the squad with the need to let players go on the cheap potentially, etc...it is near impossible to calculate the exact loses. There is also future loses or profits you have missed on with the relegation.
In any case, I don't belive they would have a case for compensation because if they did, it could be the end of english football in this country with Chelsea and City cases.

Every club feels like the Premier League is out to get them. All of them. They think that decisions are unfair and go against them all the time.

At least they can STFU now. This club has taken it on the chin countless times with "you can't protest, that's RS behavior" being the way to calm things down. Screw that, every Evertonian should now see the BS being served up and us as the sacrificial lamb. And we ALL know nobody else is going to get hit with anything like this again. There are loads of clubs who spent more than us and had greater losses; are they being charged? Nope.

It's an absolute joke. Absolute and utter joke. How many times are football fans gonna let these clowns make decisions that just destroy the game?

We fell for it with VAR. Believing it would stop terrible decisions like, err, the ball going out of play before a goal is scored, or Maradonna 86', or somebody being 6 yards offside and scoring a goal that is allowed to stand.

That's what it was sold as. Is it what we got? Is it heck. They analyse some things down to millimetres, and dismiss other things as 'not being clear and obvious errors.' It's so contradictory it's actually hard to believe it happens. And don't get me started on the fact that it effectively means teams in cup competitions can actually play matches under different rules.

This stuff was sold as being in place to protect clubs. Now league tables can be decided by accountants, lawyers, and god only knows what other gremlins.

Do points deductions protect clubs from the dangers of overspending? Absolutely not.

Do they help 'sustainability'? lol

It amazes mehow English football fans just take this bull over and over again. League Two is amongst the top 10 leagues in Europe for support. Despite the rubbish rammed down everybody's throat, we actually don't need to put up with this. They've destroyed the English Leagues to the point that I'd love nothing more than for the scab 6 to pee off to their little cabal, The rest of the English game would still attract the largest overall attendance in continental Europe (not sure about Turkey tbh.)

I don't even care that much if we're relegated anymore. End of the day, I'll always support the blues, and as long as we've got a match to play, goals to cheer, and something to aim for, we will still have the pure essence of football, regardless of how little or much money that involves.
Welll , go out and form your own teams create your own league , invest what time and money you can afford to make it work.
We all moan about the state of football and how much we have come to mistrust and dislike how it had become , but no one is prepared to create an alternative.
We are all seemingly happier acting out the helpless victim status , and I include football supporters as a whole not just us .

We all know and they know it is going to be appealed. That is why they set it at 10 and it will end up at 5 or 6. It's all part of the game.
If it was one of the top 6 absolutely...convinced that it would be reduced at least to 5. But we know that rules are not the same when it comes to everton...we have seen it plenty of times and they may want to make another example of us for appealing the punishment by probably keeping it as it is. Let's hope though we get a few points back as it is of course far to harsh as a penalty.

Everyone is livid. But some are livid at the Prem and others are livid at the people who caused this in the first place.
No. practically everyone is livid at the Premier League including non blues. Everyone knows how badly ran we have been and deserved to be punished but the punishment given does not in any shape or form fit the crime. Worst case should have been a fine, maybe a threat of point reduction for the future but thanks for being open and working with us to resolve it.

Get angry mate, The corrupt PL don't deserve your empathy or compliance.

It's an absolute joke. Absolute and utter joke. How many times are football fans gonna let these clowns make decisions that just destroy the game?

We fell for it with VAR. Believing it would stop terrible decisions like, err, the ball going out of play before a goal is scored, or Maradonna 86', or somebody being 6 yards offside and scoring a goal that is allowed to stand.

That's what it was sold as. Is it what we got? Is it heck. They analyse some things down to millimetres, and dismiss other things as 'not being clear and obvious errors.' It's so contradictory it's actually hard to believe it happens. And don't get me started on the fact that it effectively means teams in cup competitions can actually play matches under different rules.

This stuff was sold as being in place to protect clubs. Now league tables can be decided by accountants, lawyers, and god only knows what other gremlins.

Do points deductions protect clubs from the dangers of overspending? Absolutely not.

Do they help 'sustainability'? lol

It amazes me how English football fans just take this bull over and over again. League Two is amongst the top 10 leagues in Europe for support. Despite the rubbish rammed down everybody's throat, we actually don't need to put up with this. They've destroyed the English Leagues to the point that I'd love nothing more than for the scab 6 to pee off to their little cabal, The rest of the English game would still attract the largest overall attendance in continental Europe (not sure about Turkey tbh.)

I don't even care that much if we're relegated anymore. End of the day, I'll always support the blues, and as long as we've got a match to play, goals to cheer, and something to aim for, we will still have the pure essence of football, regardless of how little or much money that involves.
I'm praying for that Euro scab league to be resurrected.

I want the PL dead an buried now.

As for VAR: I'd advise the PL to nudge PGMOL into using it to hand Everton a shed load of points in the aftermath of this or they're going to have a problem on their hands with 'the product' being left in tatters as tens of thousands of Evertonians show the world what the PL are and what've obviously been up to here.

As far as I'm concerned VAR was brought in for just these circumstances: to rig the outcome of games the way the game's hierarchy want it bent toward.

There is also commercial deals impacted by relegation as well as the squad with the need to let players go on the cheap potentially, etc...it is near impossible to calculate the exact loses. There is also future loses or profits you have missed on with the relegation.
In any case, I don't belive they would have a case for compensation because if they did, it could be the end of english football in this country with Chelsea and City cases.
Commercial deals would hit revenues though. That’s the point. Burnley came straight back up as well. So you could argue it’s only impacted them for a single season.

The point is, there are plenty of arguments to mitigate a 100m compensation claim that would drastically reduce it.

No. practically everyone is livid at the Premier League including non blues. Everyone knows how badly ran we have been and deserved to be punished but the punishment given does not in any shape or form fit the crime. Worst case should have been a fine, maybe a threat of point reduction for the future but thanks for being open and working with us to resolve it.

Get angry mate, The corrupt PL don't deserve your empathy or compliance.

It does if you're a kopite mate, ignore him.

I'm praying for that Euro scab league to be resurrected.

I want the PL dead an buried now.

As for VAR: I'd advise the PL to nudge PGMOL into using it to hand Everton a shed load of points in the aftermath of this or they're going to have a problem on their hands with 'the product' being left in tatters as tens of thousands of Evertonians show the world what the PL are and what've obviously been up to here.

As far as I'm concerned VAR was brought in for just these circumstances: to rig the outcome of games the way the game's hierarchy want it bent toward.

Said that myself Dave, I wish now they had got their own ish and their money and gone, we would have a much fairer league.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back