6 + 2 Point Deductions

The report is fully of that though. Largely opinion based rather than "this is wrong".

EG - The war in Ukraine having a notable impact on this club being completely dismissed because by their opinion - these things happen.

For eg ...When Russia invaded Ukraine... energy prices rose by 20% which cost suppliers £60billion extra, comparative to household bills shooting up to £1000s per adult.

We were constructing a stadium at this time.

But nah these things happen
More to do with Russian money men being sent packing (we had one) and Russian sponsorship not being allowed (we had lots).

Very much this, football is the biggest sport on the planet and has an over saturation of media and journo's, many of whom will pontificate on subjects they have very little expertise on. I wouldn't get too stressed about the immediate analysis of the likes of hughes, zeigler or that gimp at sky.

I ain't no legal eagle but I honestly can't see much of a case for these clubs aiming directly towards Everton football club for compensation.

As the feller says...why didn't these clubs do more/spend more? Why didn't Leicester sacked Rodgers earlier? (they couldn't due to finances). You can't blame others for mismanagement.

Just like we're not blaming the league for our financial mismanagement

More to do with Russian money men being sent packing (we had one) and Russian sponsorship not being allowed (we had lots).

Which nearly folded Chelsea who were weeks away from having zero money to fund their day to day operations when the sanctions came in

Overall to dismiss it having no effect on the club is bizarre and purely an "opinion".

I ain't no legal eagle but I honestly can't see much of a case for these clubs aiming directly towards Everton football club for compensation.

As the feller says...why didn't these clubs do more/spend more? Why didn't Leicester sacked Rodgers earlier? (they couldn't due to finances). You can't blame others for mismanagement.

Just like we're not blaming the league for our financial mismanagement
You would think so. But a week ago, we thought we were just going to get a minimal punishment.

Now were looking at 10 points, possibly not decreased, and the real thought of relegation, ownership transfer removal and liquidation.

I wouldnt presume anything in this League.

The report is fully of that though. Largely opinion based rather than "this is wrong".

EG - The war in Ukraine having a notable impact on this club being completely dismissed because by their opinion - these things happen.

For eg ...When Russia invaded Ukraine... energy prices rose by 20% which cost suppliers £60billion extra, comparative to household bills shooting up to £1000s per adult.

We were constructing a stadium at this time.

But nah these things happen
Look I know we lost some income through the loss of the USM sponsor stuff but even before that our finances were far from healthy, we had a wage bill that was too high and had paid ridiculous fees for a number of extremely ordinary players. We have been financially mismanaged for years now.

9 years ago... they may not have gotten into the pl without breaking these rules... if any club brings litigation you are into alternate timelines.. and also it wasn't Everton who decided the timing of a hearing.
Sorry yes was s typo.

But spot on, the consequences of their actions were massive as well.

Cannot believe the audacity of the premier league

Good find. Really interesting especially with the clubs trying to sue.

With that Goblin Hughes saying they're suing for £300mill its sobering to see an actual credible analysis over it than the clickbait scare tactics he goes for.

And that overall .. it'll be settled out of court for the price of a league position (£2mill).

I've always see the clubs trying to get compo as just a typical American stance on anything they're aggrieved by. And the Thai's at Leicester are skint.

Southampton and Forest aren't arsed anymore
I have found the whole compensation aspect confusing. I have seen it said that their cases would go through the civil caught yet in this this thread it makes reference to the PL setting the compensation amount

Sorry yes was s typo.

But spot on, the consequences of their actions were massive as well.

Cannot believe the audacity of the premier league
Then not long after they finished ahead of evert team in the PL.. do we all have a case.... this whole thing will get extreamly messy for the PL if any litigation goes ahead.

Look I know we lost some income through the loss of the USM sponsor stuff but even before that our finances were far from healthy, we had a wage bill that was too high and had paid ridiculous fees for a number of extremely ordinary players. We have been financially mismanaged for years now.

Like I said, no ones arguing that.

But when you're getting down to the fine margins and they decide that we were over by £19.5mill...allowing any one of the 3-4 what they found to be contentious factors, it makes a significant impact on the case.

Those factors were debatable, opinion driven, and due to that they open grounds for appeal.

For example....If they would've allowed say the Siggurdson ordeal go (again as it seems to be down to not agreeing with the actions taken rather than doing something wrong) that reduces the figure to £9mill. By their calculations you'd look at 7 points.

We take that. No appeal. No kick off. Move on

But that hasn't happened.

I have found the whole compensation aspect confusing. I have seen it said that their cases would go through the civil caught yet in this this thread it makes reference to the PL setting the compensation amount

I dunno. I think the PL have allowed compensation claims to be made. Don't think they have any say other than that.

Personally think they all have a very flimsy case to go to a civil court with. Mainly because you have to question how their managed their own clubs before blaming others and a points deduction was never guaranteed.

Even if we'd got fined...they'd still look to sue.

Then not long after they finished ahead of evert team in the PL.. do we all have a case.... this whole thing will get extreamly messy for the PL if any litigation goes ahead.
Yep, Made a massive rod for their own back.

I know its not as simple as saying "well look at what these punishments were" but we should be saying exactly that in our appeal.

West ham played 2 illegal players for half a season which resulted in others going down ( tevez played a MASSIVE part as well )

And they only got a fine, its just a massive pee take, tried to make an example out of us without thinking of the consequences for themselves. I wouldn't accept a single point deduction going off previous cases

That report contradicts itself all the way through.
Not sure it does to be honest.
It’s relatively clear .
And most neutral observers seem to think there is little hope of overturning it.
As I say it seems the people responsible took a decision to gamble on a better finishing position than we eventually achieved, I can forgive them for that. But attempting to conceal it was foolish and we are paying the price.

Not sure it does to be honest.
It’s relatively clear .
And most neutral observers seem to think there is little hope of overturning it.
As I say it seems the people responsible took a decision to gamble on a better finishing position than we eventually achieved, I can forgive them for that. But attempting to conceal it was foolish and we are paying the price.
The report doesn't say anything about 'attempting to conceal' things.

Everyone knows we have been mis-managed for years but the refusal by the commission to accept the sponsorship losses and Player X as plausible mitigation has put us £19.5m over the rolling 3 year limit and that is what we should be hammering home.
The arbitrary 3 year limit of £105m was set in 2013 and has not been adjusted even if at least 2 new TV deals have brought even more inflationary pressures onto all clubs P&L.
The limit should be circa 140-150m if it was adjusted to reflect 10years of general and football related inflation.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back