6 + 2 Point Deductions

Essentially our owners and administrators took a risk and gambled on achieving a higher league position than we eventually achieved.
They are guilty of bad judgment.
But we are being punished because the PL discovered our attempt to disguise the overspend which breached the rules of association.
We have been found guilty of attempted dishonesty.
There is little chance of overturning the verdict , although hopefully we may get a reduction in the punishment.
It is concerning that other clubs have been informed they may have a case for pursuing compensation against us, but we will know more about this within 28 days.
It is worrying but hopeful that the only club to have 4points at this stage of the season and survive is ourselves in 94-95.
As supporters all we can do is continue supporting the team on the pitch and make it as difficult for our opponents as we can.
Personally I hope our manager can continue to confound my low opinion of him and gather the points as he and the team have done so well recently.
You actually said "We have been found guilty of attempted dishonesty".. you do know that the report of the commissions findings says "there is no allegation of dishonesty".

Leicester paid a 5m fine for being 21m over their ffp about 19 years ago, no transfer ban, no points deducted.

The same club that are trying to sue us for the same reason, quite funny tbh
9 years ago... they may not have gotten into the pl without breaking these rules... if any club brings litigation you are into alternate timelines.. and also it wasn't Everton who decided the timing of a hearing.

You actually said "We have been found guilty of attempted dishonesty".. you do know that the report of the commissions findings says "there is no allegation of dishonesty".
They said we did not act in ‘good faith’
That is dishonesty.
We tried to conceal our overspend by being economical with the truth.
Ultimately that is the reason for our punishment.

This chap is a good follow. A further interesting thread

Good find. Really interesting especially with the clubs trying to sue.

With that Goblin Hughes saying they're suing for £300mill its sobering to see an actual credible analysis over it than the clickbait scare tactics he goes for.

And that overall .. it'll be settled out of court for the price of a league position (£2mill).

I've always see the clubs trying to get compo as just a typical American stance on anything they're aggrieved by. And the Thai's at Leicester are skint.

Southampton and Forest aren't arsed anymore

Good find. Really interesting especially with the clubs trying to sue.

With that Goblin Hughes saying they're suing for £300mill its sobering to see an actual credible analysis over it than the clickbait scare tactics he goes for.

And that overall .. it'll be settled out of court for the price of a league position (£2mill).

I've always see the clubs trying to get compo as just a typical American stance on anything they're aggrieved by. And the Thai's at Leicester are skint.

Southampton and Forest aren't arsed anymore
Very much this, football is the biggest sport on the planet and has an over saturation of media and journo's, many of whom will pontificate on subjects they have very little expertise on. I wouldn't get too stressed about the immediate analysis of the likes of hughes, zeigler or that gimp at sky.

Which is still making me fume, as the owner isn’t under investigation or open to punishment at all. Worst paragraph in the report. Going end up with a haemorrhoid.

The report is fully of that though. Largely opinion based rather than "this is wrong".

EG - The war in Ukraine having a notable impact on this club being completely dismissed because by their opinion - these things happen.

For eg ...When Russia invaded Ukraine... energy prices rose by 20% which cost suppliers £60billion extra, comparative to household bills shooting up to £1000s per adult.

We were constructing a stadium at this time.

But nah these things happen

In respect to being sued, that could go on for years, decades. Even if they could sue us directly, we could say “ok, fair enough, you want to sue us for Prem League retrospective inaction so we will use the same logic and sue city, united, chelsea and everybody else using the same logic, then they can sue everyone else, then everyone can sue…. YEARS.

Then again, the Prem League could employ an independent commission to JUST fast track the Everton issue. Again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back