6 + 2 Point Deductions

Don't think this is true at all. The bandwagon is "we've received the harshest present of any top flight club ever and it's completely unfair and unjustified" and it's one robust bandwagon. All aboard!
Now I'm aboard that bandwagon if nothing happens to City or Chelsea. I'm also watching Forest, Villa and Bournemouth as they must be sailing close to the wind.

So you are advocating that clubs should be allowed to get deeper and deeper in dept in a desperate attempt to compete?
Losses over a period don't always equal debt... if it did then all of the most successful teams would be punished.
Screenshot_20231119-133042_Chrome.webp

Now I'm aboard that bandwagon if nothing happens to City or Chelsea. I'm also watching Forest, Villa and Bournemouth as they must be sailing close to the wind.
I think what is also irking me is the fact that if you want to crack down on financial manipulation to gain unfair sporting advantages, you should really start with the most egregious cases. Certainly this is true from a moral standpoint if not a practical one.

This morning I read a set of connected tweets from Levins Solicitors (@Levins Law) where they give some thoughts on the mooted claims for compensation. It took me a few rereads but I found it really useful and reassuring.

I'd not want to try to paraphrase what's in the tweets as it's a careful chain of argument but it helped me to see how this ends with the points deduction (and our appeal). I can't now see how a claim for compensation can now be upheld.

Pretty sure 14 teams voted in favour of it. Including your boys.
We were part of a 92-team Football League. The other 78 teams didn't vote for it. We did it for greed and self-interest.

If Moshiri had spent the money wisely and we were in the CL do you honestly believe he wouldn't have been in an ESL like a shot.

Then we get to posters whining about the top 6 dumping on us but quite happy to dump on the teams who have a case for compensation.

The report itself was thorough and stated exactly why they didn't give some of our counterclaims much weight.

Yeah, you're right there. What was it they said. Oh, yeah, "these things can happen."

Well yeah, too damn right they can, isn't that just more reason to not come down heavy?

They're basically setting a precedent that says if any business deal you strike goes badly wrong, then not only will you have to deal with the consequences of that, but they will double down on you and potentially exacerbate the problem by handing out an excessive points penalty.

It's pathetic, and they've compromised the sporting integrity of the competition.

This morning I read a set of connected tweets from Levins Solicitors (@Levins Law) where they give some thoughts on the mooted claims for compensation. It took me a few rereads but I found it really useful and reassuring.

I'd not want to try to paraphrase what's in the tweets as it's a careful chain of argument but it helped me to see how this ends with the points deduction (and our appeal). I can't now see how a claim for compensation can now be upheld.
It has already happened with Sheff Utd and West Ham. There is a clear precedent.

Hilarious the RS on this thread are OBSESSED with us.
Couldnt give a toss what they do.
Spending your time on another teams forum is quite baffling.
They can win as many titles as they want, facts remains that they only exist because of us...so I can understand this complex of having to constantly ensure everton is down...you add to that the new stadium that we apparently will never build and the results are deep down frustrated individuals that love to wind us up...

So you are advocating that clubs should be allowed to get deeper and deeper in dept in a desperate attempt to compete?
I’m a massive advocate of that, provided the owner can afford it.
The only ‘fair’ alternative is a salary cap and some sort of transfer system similar to NFL which would be atrocious.

Doesn’t mean I’m all for clubs ‘doing a Leeds’ where they quite evidently couldn’t afford it.
But if a benefactor wanted to ‘do a Blackburn’ what’s the problem.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back