6 + 2 Point Deductions

If you believe the Times article from today it’s Moshiri who will take the hit on any compensation as the sale of the club won’t include any previous liabilities which is common in most purchase agreements. This removes the risk of administration as result of any compensation payments. The big IF is whether the sale of the club goes through the approval process and that’s partly down to the premier league
and if Moshiri will, or can afford to pay, depending on the size of any compensation claims.

think I'll be using the monthly payment method until this is all resolved and new owners are in place.

Most of the football World have

Why are you & a tiny minority any different ?
Most of the football world reacted instantly to the news of the deduction before they had read the report. The media generally wants to sensationalise the story and the best way to do that is to instantly take a contrary point of view. The report itself was thorough and stated exactly why they didn't give some of our counterclaims much weight.

Most of the football world also wants to apportion blame to someone or something.

We'll see what happens on appeal but in regard to me, I can't get too worked up about things I can't control but I can try and understand the reasoning of why certain things happen without allowing my bias to creep in. For me, too many have leapt on the "we're the only club to have had points deducted" bandwagon when in fact, it isn't the case.

I have said all along this is a game. Everyone is playing it. The Prem, our owners, the media etc. I don't expect the 10 pts deduction to stick but I do accept that we have admitted guilt and that there must be a consequence to that. Seems to me that a lot of folks here can't or won't accept the basic fact that we accepted guilt and that our owner put us in this position to start with. That's my argument.

Because it would mean 20 or 30 clubs could win the league instead of the current cartel of 6,.
And if that could be engineered, I'd love to see it. However, to be able to do it, 86 clubs need to say to the "Big 6", we have had enough and we are going to take our chances of playing elsewhere. And we know they won't because of the risk in doing so.

Regardless of anyone’s views on Usmanov you can’t replace a multi-million sponsorship overnight. I would be surprised if a sponsor would want to get involved at short notice and at the tail end of the season…just wait until August 22 and the new season.

Player X was described as a “star player” in the report and his stats show that he either scored or assisted goals in 30% of the games he played for Everton in the 4 years previous. We lost that talent and influence on games if we were able to play him or lost his transfer value if he had not been charged in the summer of 2021 and suspended by the FA first
I honestly believe the commission ignored most of our mitigating circumstances and had already known the punishment they gave out from the outset

According to various papers any fine for compo would fall at Farhads doorstep (which would help) and not on the club, we could really do with knowing what is going on with the 777 thing atm.
and what happens if Moshiri cant or wont pay?

He is the majority shareholder and is only financially liable to lose the investment he has already put in i.e. his shares

And if that could be engineered, I'd love to see it. However, to be able to do it, 86 clubs need to say to the "Big 6", we have had enough and we are going to take our chances of playing elsewhere. And we know they won't because of the risk in doing so.
We need the 6 to go away and then we can rebuild

Apparently on Tuesday their is a vote in the PL to increase prize money due to inflationary measures.

Yet the permitted loss has remained at 105m and static since the outset.

How is this right and can this be used to our advantage?
Inflation calculator says 105 million in 2013 is now worth just over 140 million now.
Screenshot_20231119-132056_Chrome.webp

The name of the author is Oil Gamp?

Step your game up Keith Azul!
He's a bigger pisstake than any Chico creation. This is, honest to god, his own words from his linked in profile...

"During my time at the Mail, I have interviewed some of the biggest names in sport - such as Jake Paul, Tony Bellew, Joe Joyce, Bacary Sagna and David Seaman to name a few. I've also written countless in-depth features on the biggest topics and talking points in football and boxing and have experience working with data and PR reps to produce engaging content."

No problem if you want to destroy what is currently in place and I can fully understand why a lot of fans of Prem league clubs might want to blow it up and start again. But, in doing so, how would this be any different than certain clubs wanting to break away and form competitions of their own? The reason they don't is because of the risk.

Thing is, if you don't like the Prem. and what it currently stands for, then go and watch football at another level. You've done that and I hope you enjoyed that experience.

I disagree with your statement about the only people who care about being in the best league in the world are the people who pay money to broadcast matches though. It's not the case. I care that my club continues to compete at the top level it can. It is important to me. Thousands of others care as well.

No they don't care if we're the best league in the world. No more than when Man Utd fans didn't stop caring when they lost the best player in the world.

We don't even have the 'best league' in the world anyway lol Haven't Real Madrid won the Champions League more times than all English clubs combined this century? We might have the best league from an entertainment point of view, but I don't see any Super League taking that away from us.

Most of the football world reacted instantly to the news of the deduction before they had read the report. The media generally wants to sensationalise the story and the best way to do that is to instantly take a contrary point of view. The report itself was thorough and stated exactly why they didn't give some of our counterclaims much weight.

Most of the football world also wants to apportion blame to someone or something.

We'll see what happens on appeal but in regard to me, I can't get too worked up about things I can't control but I can try and understand the reasoning of why certain things happen without allowing my bias to creep in. For me, too many have leapt on the "we're the only club to have had points deducted" bandwagon when in fact, it isn't the case.

I have said all along this is a game. Everyone is playing it. The Prem, our owners, the media etc. I don't expect the 10 pts deduction to stick but I do accept that we have admitted guilt and that there must be a consequence to that. Seems to me that a lot of folks here can't or won't accept the basic fact that we accepted guilt and that our owner put us in this position to start with. That's my argument.
Don't think this is true at all. The bandwagon is "we've received the harshest present of any top flight club ever and it's completely unfair and unjustified" and it's one robust bandwagon. All aboard!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back