6 + 2 Point Deductions

To me that just sounds like making the bigger clubs even richer, about time the bottom 6 clubs grew a set and told them no, cash should and must be spread more even, it's supposed to be a competition.
I agree with you. Increase prize money and who stands to gain the most from it.... the winners and that will mostly be the so called "big clubs".
Of course, the "big clubs" are going to try to protect themselves and seek any advantage they can to retain their status. My big concern is the long term viability of teams if losing 105M every three years is seen as acceptable and the norm.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but these clubs queuing up to sue Everton because they were relegated had me thinking. They're all assuming that any points deduction should have been applies last season, or the season before. Was it not the 2020/21 season that the rule break was taken from? A season where we finished 10th on 59 points? Take 10 points off that and we would have finished 11th and wouldn't have affected any relegation. Added to that, the commission have clearly stated that "no sporting advantage was gained". I cant see how any of them have a case to sue.
Just looking to ask all the clubs been after us even before was links in the paper.
Whtever season we have been found over the linit should be burnley or leicester and then ahould get nothing. The rest just small clubs have been a joke like it makes a difference they would have went down anyways

They still breached the PL rules and did not act in good faith. Yet they got a £3m fine each
They didn't there were no rules in place. Guess why because when the PL was set up Carter was having talks about setting up a Super League with Rangers and Celtic. There are now rules in place if teams form a European Super League they face 30 point deductions.

They also weren't fined. They couldn't be fined because they hadn't broken any rules. The six agreed to make a donation to grassroots football as a gesture of goodwill.

I think people need to remember the 6 clubs did not try and leave the Premier League. They tried to leave the Champions League and form a new European Super League. They had no intention of leaving the cash cow that is the Premier League. They thought the Premier League would be relieved and let them stay, and that their fans would welcome it. They were wrong on both counts.

It would have been the beginning of the end of it. The long term cash cow plans were the closed shop of no relegation no promotion. They wouldnt have given a toss about premier league money once that had kicked in.

Think you need to think things through a bit more. All very well and good saying get rid of the PL institution because you may be angry, but without it, we don't have the best league in the world. ?

So what? SO EFFING WHAT?

We'd have one of the best leagues, with aggregate crowds remaining the highest in Europe. Only people who care about us being the 'best league in the world' are the people who pay money to broadcast matches,

I was at Marine the other week. 2000+ turned for a cup game vs Harrogate, and we always get over or close to a thousand. And that's the seventh tier. English football, is vibrant and inimitable. It sells.

Just looking to ask all the clubs been after us even before was links in the paper.
Whtever season we have been found over the linit should be burnley or leicester and then ahould get nothing. The rest just small clubs have been a joke like it makes a difference they would have went down anyways
Brilliant we whine about bigger clubs dumping on us but then want to dump on clubs smaller than us. Everyone is equal but some are more equal than others springs to mind.

They didn't there were no rules in place. Guess why because when the PL was set up Carter was having talks about setting up a Super League with Rangers and Celtic. There are now rules in place if teams form a European Super League they face 30 point deductions.

They also weren't fined. They couldn't be fined because they hadn't broken any rules. The six agreed to make a donation to grassroots football as a gesture of goodwill.

They brought the game into disrepute, Fact.

Same cant see how we can change it just looking to take points off. Still shocked why it hasnt been some type of ban of spending transfers or aomething and a warning points will be taken off if we get done again
We are possibly going to end up with about 14/15 players in the summer, a transfer ban would have killed us off good and proper also we can't really pay any fine at the moment as we don't have any money.

So what? SO EFFING WHAT?

We'd have one of the best leagues, with aggregate crowds remaining the highest in Europe. Only people who care about us being the 'best league in the world' are the people who pay money to broadcast matches,

I was at Marine the other week. 2000+ turned for a cup game vs Harrogate, and we always get over or close to a thousand. And that's the seventh tier. English football, is vibrant and inimitable. It sells.

But but but what if all the star players like Mo Salah leave????????? The likes of @HowardsWay would be beside themselves.

Nonsense. Refer me to the relevant rule. I am unaware of any PL rule which provides a mechanism or time frame for clubs suing each other.

If , big if , those clubs bring an action against Everton it will be in the High Court .

As someone who practiced in the Hight Court I can tell you such action will take a minimum of 3 years , probably closer to 5 years to resolve .
They wrote the rule in crayon 10 minutes after we got charged

If the major sponsor was paying a realistic amount for sponsorship and naming rights then we could have just replaced it. We couldn't because Usmanov an absolute monster was propping us up. Many of us warned about it because it was an accident waiting to happen. The posters now whining like a bitch about it are the same ones who looked the other way.

We dismissed Siggurddson immediately and were not paying his wages. The £10m was what we could have sued him for because we lost his transfer value. We can still sue him. So it is absolute nonsense to claim it is mitigation.
Lad ? .....get in the bin

Or go and WUM somewhere else.

Defo one to keep an eye on this !

If there is any chance of us going into administration or bust then I wont be renewing my season tickets until its decided or at least wait until the last possible day to renew and decide then.

If we go bust then I don't expect much left for repaying season ticket holders for 2024/2025 season!

In fact I may change to pay monthly instead of all upfront in February which will reduce the financial risk to me until the full extent of any further action is known!
If you believe the Times article from today it’s Moshiri who will take the hit on any compensation as the sale of the club won’t include any previous liabilities which is common in most purchase agreements. This removes the risk of administration as result of any compensation payments. The big IF is whether the sale of the club goes through the approval process and that’s partly down to the premier league

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back