6 + 2 Point Deductions

Apparently on Tuesday their is a vote in the PL to increase prize money due to inflationary measures.

Yet the permitted loss has remained at 105m and static since the outset.

How is this right and can this be used to our advantage?

To me that just sounds like making the bigger clubs even richer, about time the bottom 6 clubs grew a set and told them no, cash should and must be spread more even, it's supposed to be a competition.

What sort of crap is this ?

The unforeseen loss of a major sponsor was a huge mitigating factor. 200 mil stadium naming rights plus all the other add ons & there's No breach.

Well publicised loss of transfer value of a player we couldn't play plus his huge wages until his contract expired.
These are just 2 that put us well within FFP/ P&S There are other mitigating factors if you choose to read about them.

Its not BS , its an Epic injustice.
If the major sponsor was paying a realistic amount for sponsorship and naming rights then we could have just replaced it. We couldn't because Usmanov an absolute monster was propping us up. Many of us warned about it because it was an accident waiting to happen. The posters now whining like a bitch about it are the same ones who looked the other way.

We dismissed Siggurddson immediately and were not paying his wages. The £10m was what we could have sued him for because we lost his transfer value. We can still sue him. So it is absolute nonsense to claim it is mitigation.

I think people need to remember the 6 clubs did not try and leave the Premier League. They tried to leave the Champions League and form a new European Super League. They had no intention of leaving the cash cow that is the Premier League. They thought the Premier League would be relieved and let them stay, and that their fans would welcome it. They were wrong on both counts.

There needs to be a campaign to abolish the PL institution. Then the clubs could set a new organisation with equal spending and distribution of coin to the lower leagues. The main enemy of this would be the arabs and other wealthy owners. But this is the problem with the UK , a few greedy people are raking in coin on behalf of chinese, arab and indian interests at the expense of the nation.
Think you need to think things through a bit more. All very well and good saying get rid of the PL institution because you may be angry, but without it, we don't have the best league in the world. I don't know if you were around pre PL days but football was dying. Attendances were down and there was huge apathy for the game. Part of this were the social issues of the day but like it or hate it, the PL reinvigorated the game.

As a result, huge money then materialised as the football product in Engand became highly sought after. This then enabled clubs to grow and become bigger. Some took huge gambles and were successful and many failed and put themselves in real danger.

The football landscape has now changed where you don't have wealthy single owners owning clubs at the top level anymore and that is starting to filter down the leagues. You mention various factors and nations but the big threat is coming from American ownership who really do want to change our game to one they understand. It won't be long until the first Prem. game is played outside of England and my money would be on America, partic. coming up to the World Cup.

So no, it doesn't need abolishing IMO. It needs a clean up and it needs proper deterrents putting in place for those that choose to violate the rules.

I think people need to remember the 6 clubs did not try and leave the Premier League. They tried to leave the Champions League and form a new European Super League. They had no intention of leaving the cash cow that is the Premier League. They thought the Premier League would be relieved and let them stay, and that their fans would welcome it. They were wrong on both counts.
Equally important to remember that this was being set up to remove any risk of these clubs ever missing out on champs league money or any up and coming clubs establishing ever have the ability to compete with them

There needs to be a campaign to abolish the PL institution. Then the clubs could set a new organisation with equal spending and distribution of coin to the lower leagues. The main enemy of this would be the arabs and other wealthy owners. But this is the problem with the UK , a few greedy people are raking in coin on behalf of chinese, arab and indian interests at the expense of the nation.
We were propped up by a Russian oligarch and his bag man. We were absolutely fine with that.

Our Chairman was one of the main instigators of the Premier League and was quite happy to cut the rest of the League adrift.

If you know your history springs to mind.

We were propped up by a Russian oligarch and his bag man. We were absolutely fine with that.

Our Chairman was one of the main instigators of the Premier League and was quite happy to cut the rest of the League adrift.

If you know your history springs to mind.
Every big club is either owned by an oligarch, an oil state or an American financial institution like your lot. That bit is irrelevant.

They still breached the PL rules and did not act in good faith. Yet they got a £3m fine each

20231119_125515.webp

Sorry if this has already been asked, but these clubs queuing up to sue Everton because they were relegated had me thinking. They're all assuming that any points deduction should have been applied last season, or the season before. Was it not the 2020/21 season that the rule break was taken from? A season where we finished 10th on 59 points? Take 10 points off that and we would have finished 11th and wouldn't have affected any relegation. Added to that, the commission have clearly stated that "no sporting advantage was gained". I cant see how any of them have a case to sue.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back