6 + 2 Point Deductions

If we had a salary cap players would leave, which is what happened to the Italian teams when they stopped financial doping. Personally I'd welcome this but the Premier League wouldn't.
Don’t even think the Premier League would be against it in principle, however it wouldn’t work and would ruin ‘their product’ . As you say the players would leave and other leagues would benefit to the detriment of the EPL.

Ive never rated his 'social comment' tbh. I mean I agree with his overall views on them, but he's just a bit too thick to get the thing together.

Harsh? Possibly. Then again, it's more than harsh for this feller to be telling Everton supporters to STFU and take a 10 point deduction and maybe relegation, so bollocks to him.
Well thats not even close to what he said so stop trolling.

At least he is talking about fighting and not crying that we are already down.

Don’t even think the Premier League would be against it in principle, however it wouldn’t work and would ruin ‘their product’ . As you say the players would leave and other leagues would benefit to the detriment of the EPL.
I was listening to a guy talking about Swedish football the other day. They have their own regulations. They never do anything in Europe but they've had 11 different Champions in the last 20 years. Personally I'd take that

He said that if you break the rules you deserve to be punished so have to accept that and “suck it up”.

But he was talking about how it should galvanise the club and use it now to unite everyone and go out to prove them wrong. So said the club should appeal it but also accept it rather than kicking the can down the road for another 12 weeks considering the bottom half of the league is so weak.

I half agree with him. We do have to suck it up because we did break the rules and admitted so. What he didn’t comment on was the severity of it. And that’s what we need to challenge, because we are guilty.
Yeah it's clear from his RTs he thinks the severity is wrong, but given we admitted being over the limit we do have to "suck it up" to some extent and, as he says, unite and use it as fuel. Among all the other things to be angry about I'd struggle to find the energy to be angry at Nev over anything he's said.

Ive never rated his 'social comment' tbh. I mean I agree with his overall views on them, but he's just a bit too thick to get the thing together.

Harsh? Possibly. Then again, it's more than harsh for this feller to be telling Everton supporters to STFU and take a 10 point deduction and maybe relegation, so bollocks to him.
We have admitted to breaking P&S rules. We were bound to be punished.

If you look at the EFL then the starting point is 12 points. As a club we should be telling the appeal commission that we accept our guilt but that 10 points is harsh. We should explain that it was down to Moshiri and that he is leaving so the club and fans should not be treated too harshly and the points penalty should be reduced.

Not jump up and down and stamp our feet like a naughty toddler who has been told off for something they did.

He said that if you break the rules you deserve to be punished so have to accept that and “suck it up”.

But he was talking about how it should galvanise the club and use it now to unite everyone and go out to prove them wrong. So said the club should appeal it but also accept it rather than kicking the can down the road for another 12 weeks considering the bottom half of the league is so weak.

I half agree with him. We do have to suck it up because we did break the rules and admitted so. What he didn’t comment on was the severity of it. And that’s what we need to challenge, because we are guilty.
What he didn't also do was to critique WHY we went over the allowed amount - and that;s the rub of this. We went over it because the PL took our ability to stay within FFP away from us and moved the goals posts...then they wouldn't accept that any indiscretion on our part was mitigated by that goal post movement....infrasrtructure spending, sponsorship being taken away, sale of a certain player being closed to us etc.

There was - as per usual with Southall - no nuance to his commentary.

What he didn't also do was to critique WHY we went over the allowed amount - and that;s the rub of this. We went over it because the PL took our ability to stay within FFP away from us and moved the goals posts...then they wouldn't accept that any indiscretion on our part was mitigated by that goal post movement.

There was - as per usual with Southall - no nuance to his commentary.
Please explain how they took away our ability to stay within P&S rules.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back