6 + 2 Point Deductions

Given how this panel treated a war as an entirely predictable business occurrence I am not sure they will be persuaded by logic.

“Everton insiders have questioned how more than one club could receive compensation, considering that at the most only one team would have been relegated instead of Everton.”

If its the same panel who determine the right to compensation then they have to hold true to their conclusion that they cant quantify in any way how Everton received an onfield advantage. It's just a ludicrous guessing game from there and they have to throw those claims out if they're to be consistent.

Those banners the 1878s have had made are a bit crap tbh. Completely miss the point that this whole thing is about the PL wanting to preserve a status quo and punish clubs who dare to try and break it.

The whole "dogs of war" and "we are Everton" vibe, yeah that will definitely show 'em.

I disagree. Targeting other clubs is not the way to go here.

And these are very hard hitting:

If its the same panel who determine the right to compensation then they have to hold true to their conclusion that they cant quantify in any way how Everton received an onfield advantage. It's just a ludicrous guessing game from there and they have to throw those claims out if they're to be consistent.

I thought they stated we didn't in the report? Which makes the point reduction even more ridiculous..

Well they already did that. The number is 10.

Yes you are right actually, it appears to be the PLs suggestion that the punishment needs to be harsh as the advantage can’t be quantified -which I take to mean they think a harsh punishment is justified IN PLACE of restitution which is impossible as it’s hypothetical.

The panel does seem to largely, but not exactly explicitly agree with this construction.

View attachment 236170

View attachment 236171

This undermines any legal action against Everton from relegated clubs. If the Premier League itself says it can’t quantify a sporting advantage, the commission doesn’t dispute that, and our punishment takes that in to account, I don’t see how any legal action based on ‘sporting advantage’ could be successful.

Yep, thought this poster had a good explainer of what panel wrote and its implications.

Also the precedent it would set for other clubs to sue for any other infractions in the future (Chelsea/City/Spurs all seem to be in hot water) would be complete chaos.

For instance if Spurs are guilty of dodgy stuff with Defoe and are docked points then can Burnley sue them for the cup result “Defoe also scored his team's second goal in the League Cup semi-final second leg loss at Burnley, which helped Spurs book a place in the final with a 6–4 aggregate win.[59]

Last edited:

Flying a plane over another ground during another game completely defeats the object for me. Sack the plane off and just put a grand behind the bar at the Winslow and get everyone hammered. Just for a laugh more than anything.

I think it's bat poop crazy to fly the plane over another match.

It's perfect, especially considering it's Citeh.

I thought they stated we didn't in the report? Which makes the point reduction even more ridiculous..
They agreed with the Premier League that a sporting advantage was inferred by the breach, and therefore only a sporting sanction in the form of a points deduction was appropriate, but did not think Everton cynically set out to breach the rules with the purpose of gaining a sporting advantage.

As an aside, I'd like to congratulate the PL...

can_of_worms.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back