6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don't really understand the justification for whacking us with 10 points if the effect of the supposed advantage cannot be determined. If it cannot be determined, the sporting advantage may have been minimal therefore it isnt fair or proportionate to whack us with 10 points, just in case it was a bigger advantage.

I think they banked on Everton squaring a bit but just taking this on the chin. They obviously wouldn't ever have come to such a conclusion if there was recourse to an external body to appeal this decision to.

It's lazy, daft and illogical. And it needs to be rammed home to every football person in the country exactly what they've done here.

The PL hired a hit team to come in and get them out of the crapper with the external oversight looming into view. And I think they've made an absolute bollocks of this and they know it all too well...hence the attempt to put the frighteners on the club via feeding stories to client journalists about further deductions next year.

We have to stand up to this.

Think you need to think things through a bit more. All very well and good saying get rid of the PL institution because you may be angry, but without it, we don't have the best league in the world. I don't know if you were around pre PL days but football was dying. Attendances were down and there was huge apathy for the game. Part of this were the social issues of the day but like it or hate it, the PL reinvigorated the game.

As a result, huge money then materialised as the football product in Engand became highly sought after. This then enabled clubs to grow and become bigger. Some took huge gambles and were successful and many failed and put themselves in real danger.

The football landscape has now changed where you don't have wealthy single owners owning clubs at the top level anymore and that is starting to filter down the leagues. You mention various factors and nations but the big threat is coming from American ownership who really do want to change our game to one they understand. It won't be long until the first Prem. game is played outside of England and my money would be on America, partic. coming up to the World Cup.

So no, it doesn't need abolishing IMO. It needs a clean up and it needs proper deterrents putting in place for those that choose to violate the rules.
Have you considered that part of the problem with football just before the emergence of the PL was that your scumbag club got English clubs banned from Europe?

Liverpool’s VAR decision was headline news for much longer
Couldn't care less. We already know about the RS being media luvvies.

I do care, however, about the fact that a prejudiced handful of suits in a cushy ivory tower could drive a 145-year old club out of business within weeks by hearing nine-figure compo claims from Leicester and Burnley.

I didn't believe it until today when the PL confirmed the ability to hear such cases. Now I'm scared.

Look how quickly they acted with a 10-point fine. Could wake up on Friday-ish and see we've been slapped with a 200m bill, Goodison gates padlocked, Sunday's sky match PPed indefinitely, and wrecking balls at the ready over at BMD.

This is the power the PL seem to have. They could find any sort of loophole or technicality and just make everyone but the scab six start on -20 points every year and have the botom six relegated without being replaced.

Then invite a Saudi club or two and boom, we have the ESL by another name.

Yes it's bullshit, but it's not unrealistic. BECAUSE THE PL CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT CAN'T THEY??!

Just want war these ppl now same pol who have invested interest can listen to clybs who want money off us. No time to stop these idiots we just have to make a stand as much as we can even with the frauds at the media who dont care. We have to be strong and make us be heard and oush back

That is why I said I fear we are one of the seven.

I think this loaning among clubs, especially for older players, is a way of skirting financial rules - I’d prefer for us to not do that.
The premier league are forcing clubs to do these types of things because there is literally no way to compete with the spending power of the London clubs and Liverpool/Utd. Their revenues are always going to dwarf ours due to their global fan bases or being in London. Man City have unlimited financial resources but they have to break the rules in order to compete. Whether having state owned clubs is fair is another matter but the sport becomes meaningless when the resources of a few clubs dwarf all of the others.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back