6 + 2 Point Deductions

If I'm honest I thought ignoring the plane thing could at least arguably be justified since it wasn't our game and (they'd claim at least) it would've been an irrelevant distraction from one of the biggest fixtures in the calendar. For me it was maybe a bit ill thought out in the first place.

But the silencing of a major political figure and of the fanbase as a whole at a time when it couldn't have been more relevant raises a whole lot more questions.

It's funny how they can pull the Andy Burnam interview giving Evertons side, but not the disgraceful anti Everton interview given by the Daily Mirrors smarmy Chief sports editor John Cross, who absolutely decimated Everton, with his one eyed take. Then the other presenters including Darren Lewis, the Mirrors Deputy sports editor agreed with him.

It's rare that any team, even with money, would sign a player that would make such a difference in the starting 11....more often than not, January transfers is for cover in depth, something we do not have...it will be the same for Burnley/Sheffield
Southampton tried it last year by signing every single player we were linked with.

I watched it on Sky and said they'd lowered us. I would be genuinely curious to see a different providers footage and sky sports next to each other before I make my own judgement.
Perhaps.

One thing for sure though is that there TV companies were told to stay off the crowd as much as possible.

Don't want anyone hurting the "brand" do we...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back