6 + 2 Point Deductions

Up until 1989 we were the second most successful club in England after Liverpool

Man Utd were joint 4th and Sunderland were 6th

Man Utd's success is owed to Sir Alex Ferguson whereas we dropped off into obscurity
I’m aware.

But we aren’t getting big commercial deals because we were good when my arl fella was a kid.

We’ve been crap for most of my lifetime and even if we somehow gained the means to compete via state backed billions, we’d have to be very shrewd whereas United and other teams who’ve already cemented their place at the top can blow £500m every season on transfers and do it again next year if they turn out to be duds.

The ladder has been pulled up by an organisation claiming it’s doing it in the interest of “fairness”.

Ive said a few times on here that clubs like Brighton will only ever reach to the point they're at now because of the points you made (best players getting poached) which then means they have to start again in a weaker position season after season.

There are many clubs happy just being in the PL Brighton Palace Wolves Burnley Bournemouth etc... then you have clubs like us and Villa and to some extent Forest who have experienced past glory years who genuinely are trying to get back to the top but cant because no matter how much of a wealthy owner you have there is a lid on what you can spend.

For all what Villa have done/doing this season they will probably be weaker next season as they will have the vultures after their top players.
Oh yeah, Watkins will go, Luiz will go, because they won’t get champs league and they will realise they haven’t balance the books.

Everton pleading our innocence:

View attachment 237097
Commission rejecting our Appeal

0_Everton-v-Manchester-United-Premier-League-Goodison-Park.jpg

its because they make so much revenue with their global brand

second in the world
I don't think they are any more. I think in order the list is now Man City, Real Madrid, RS, then Man u then PSG.

Because their poor performance, massive wages, lagging income and huge debt, its going to put a lot of pressure on them for FFP. I think thats the reason they have been buying more rubbish recently. FFP might be starting to hit them. Where as the oil clubs of City and PSG have a growth rate is far superior to the non oil clubs. Mainly with bogus commercial deals.

Which begs the question how can City and PSG get round the FFP when we blew it and are in a total mess.

Ive said a few times on here that clubs like Brighton will only ever reach to the point they're at now because of the points you made (best players getting poached) which then means they have to start again in a weaker position season after season.

There are many clubs happy just being in the PL Brighton Palace Wolves Burnley Bournemouth etc... then you have clubs like us and Villa and to some extent Forest who have experienced past glory years who genuinely are trying to get back to the top but cant because no matter how much of a wealthy owner you have there is a lid on what you can spend.

For all what Villa have done/doing this season they will probably be weaker next season as they will have the vultures after their top players.

The way to do it is to follow the example of young players coming in and sell and replace when at high value.

Then sign 2 or 3 new ones and rinse and repeat.

Brighton are lucky with Caicedo and Ferguson...huge sale potential for almost zero outlay.

ATM the moment we are -10 to where we should be. Looking at last season's bottom forgetting Southampton 10 pts is worth around 6 places.

6 places x £2.5m prize money per place is £15m, therefore if this "decision" is upheld we are being punished twice for the same offence!!!

We should be all over this...........

Pounds or points, it should not be both!! Past cases have been pounds for admin/financial irregularities (Portsmouth FC) and points for sporting (WHU FC, MFC)

Boils your blood thinking about this organisation, would trust a Columbian drugs baron before this lot!

I don't think they are any more. I think in order the list is now Man City, Real Madrid, RS, then Man u then PSG.

Because their poor performance, massive wages, lagging income and huge debt, its going to put a lot of pressure on them for FFP. I think thats the reason they have been buying more rubbish recently. FFP might be starting to hit them. Where as the oil clubs of City and PSG have a growth rate is far superior to the non oil clubs. Mainly with bogus commercial deals.

Which begs the question how can City and PSG get round the FFP when we blew it and are in a total mess.
PSG and City probably sponsor there urinals for 30mil a season.

In fairness to City they spend a lot but they also recover a lot of money through academy sales and players they dont want, they got around 90 mil i think for Cole Palmer and Gabriel Jesus

The way to do it is to follow the example of young players coming in and sell and replace when at high value.

Brighton are lucky with Caicedo and Ferguson...huge sale potential for almost zero outlay.
To do that you are only going to tickle the European places before getting weakened, therefore you will never be able to sustain a challenge on the 6 clubs.

You might do it once but its not sustainable to be competitive season after season.

For owners thats a great business model but for fans we dont care how much cash we have in the bank or how balanced the books are, its all about winning trophies or a least being competitive.

Very frustrating isn’t it? My only guess is our billionaire owner got booted out of the country and the ongoing Ukrainian / Russian war meant he couldn’t even sneak or filter the money back? Either way, I think top flight football is about to implode on itself and the inevitable set up of the Euro Money league will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

To do that you are only going to tickle the European places before getting weakened, therefore you will never be able to sustain a challenge on the 6 clubs.

You might do it once but its not sustainable to be competitive season after season.

For owners thats a great business model but for fans we dont care how much cash we have in the bank or how balanced the books are, its all about winning trophies or a least being competitive.

Atletico did it

Why is it luck that they recruited Caicedo and Ferguson.

I'd suggest it was good scouting and recruitment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back