6 + 2 Point Deductions

The only way things can be meaningfully resolved is through a full reset, but of course that won't happen.

They might as well now formally confirm to all clubs outside the top six that there is a permanent glass ceiling.

The sad thing is is that there will never be any momentum for genuine change. Fans of the top clubs are happy as they are, and most of the others have bounced back and forth between The Championship and lower. Your club goes down, it's a bad day, they come up, it's great. Have a couple of seasons like Brighton and it's better still. For how long though when every talent you have has to be sold.

I think it's different for us between our notions of grandeur on the one side, and no modern experience of relegation on the other. I think as the shock settles on the points deduction, we just left with a bleak outlook either way. The club is at a real crossroads, and it seems to be fading further with each passing week.

But it's built on sand. Due to the farcical way they've set up these rules (as they go along), they're looking to create and then throw the book at a club who officially went over their threshold by £19.5million.

They haven't called then Financial Fair Play rules but Profit and Sustainability. Being over by £19.5m is sustainable. Being £100mill is not.

Then surely you have to look at the following year's to see how the club is managing their finances.

Ive said a few times on here that clubs like Brighton will only ever reach to the point they're at now because of the points you made (best players getting poached) which then means they have to start again in a weaker position season after season.

There are many clubs happy just being in the PL Brighton Palace Wolves Burnley Bournemouth etc... then you have clubs like us and Villa and to some extent Forest who have experienced past glory years who genuinely are trying to get back to the top but cant because no matter how much of a wealthy owner you have there is a lid on what you can spend.

For all what Villa have done/doing this season they will probably be weaker next season as they will have the vultures after their top players.

Either champions league football. Or selling an asset.

Something is telling me the appeal decision has already been made before they set their eyes on any document.
Probably. Let's just hope that the original punishment was based on the PL wanting to be seen to be strict enough to fend off the need for independent regulation.
The common reaction was that it was ridiculously harsh and shows even more that independent regulation is needed, so if they are still trying to avoid it then slashing the points in half might be their only chance at striking the right balance.

Our legal team will unearth some more crimes and inform the league.
Everton pleading our innocence:

IMG_6568.webp

It's made worse when you see the likes of Utd with £1billion debt

How do they fudge their books that they pass P&S when they owe £1billion, 40x what we went over for P&S
its because they make so much revenue with their global brand

second in the world

its because they make so much revenue with their global brand

second in the world
This is where FFP is a load of bollocks.
They only make so much revenue because their historic success has made them such a big club.

Essentially making it a closed shop for any upstarts who think about trying to catch up.

Last edited:
This is where FFP is a load of bollocks.
They only make so much revenue because of their historic success has made them such a big club.

Essentially making it a closed shop for any upstarts who think about trying to catch up.
Up until 1989 we were the second most successful club in England after Liverpool

Man Utd were joint 4th and Sunderland were 6th

Man Utd's success is owed to Sir Alex Ferguson whereas we dropped off into obscurity

Don't get me wrong, I;m desperate for us to get clear this season and stay up. But in a way I'd quietly enjoy the prospect of us getting hit again with another charge before Man City or Chelsea had their case heard.

It'd be an emphatic underscoring of the target pinned on Everton's back by the game's authorities; a confirmation that we have been chosen as a club that an organisation not fit for purpose is victimising in order to hide its own corruption.

I'd see no shame in Everton getting relegated under those circumstances.

And as I said a couple of weeks back: this attempt to bury Everton will never be forgotten. It's politicised our fanbase for all time. That's all the PL have succeeded in doing so far: taking a fanbase that in the past can be a bit snide when it had to be and shaped it into an army of activists who doubt every single statement from authority and will act on it.

That's how cack handed all of this has been handled.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back