6 + 2 Point Deductions

The only way things can be meaningfully resolved is through a full reset, but of course that won't happen.

They might as well now formally confirm to all clubs outside the top six that there is a permanent glass ceiling.

The sad thing is is that there will never be any momentum for genuine change. Fans of the top clubs are happy as they are, and most of the others have bounced back and forth between The Championship and lower. Your club goes down, it's a bad day, they come up, it's great. Have a couple of seasons like Brighton and it's better still. For how long though when every talent you have has to be sold.

I think it's different for us between our notions of grandeur on the one side, and no modern experience of relegation on the other. I think as the shock settles on the points deduction, we just left with a bleak outlook either way. The club is at a real crossroads, and it seems to be fading further with each passing week.
Correct.

I think that people are under a misapprehension about FFP / P&S rules.

They are not there to provide a level playing field but are supposed to ensure that clubs live within their means .

As you rightly say a consequence ( intended or otherwise) is that a glass ceiling has been created and an owners wealth alone will not break that ceiling.

Suspended indefinitely, or until contract/ case was sorted, which means we couldn't sell him/ play him but had to pay his wages. Tell me how that was not a mitigating factor, only our legal team could not argue that case alone.
The commission said we should have sued him for the money back...

You think we'll say anything after the appeal has been put forward?

In keeping with the usual level of communication from the club I can well imagine just as fans are waiting for an update about one of the most important moments in the clubs history, they'll announce **BIG NEWS COMING*, followed by details of a new matchday sponsorship deal with a local farm shop.

well to be honest, without being pedantic, they didn't argue it very well did they, a blind Cobbler could have done a better job.
Not if the adjudicating panel has a fixed view / agenda.

I wasn't at the commission so can't comment on the competence of the oratory but I would be surprised if the argument was not framed and advanced well

I think you need to be looking at the commission rather than Evertons lawyers

Not if the adjudicating panel has a fixed view / agenda.

I wasn't at the commission so can't comment on the competence of the oratory but I would be surprised if the argument was not framed and advanced well

I think you need to be looking at the commission rather than Evertons lawyers

Or maybe both one being corrupt the other not good enough.

And we said we were concerned over his mental health at the time, it would be just like jumping on the bandwagon.
Thats what happens when you are dealing with emotionless bas***** who couldnt care less about anything but money... the charges against him were dropped and he'd have had us back in court if we did sue him.

Correct.

I think that people are under a misapprehension about FFP / P&S rules.

They are not there to provide a level playing field but are supposed to ensure that clubs live within their means .

As you rightly say a consequence ( intended or otherwise) is that a glass ceiling has been created and an owners wealth alone will not break that ceiling.

They are there to ensure clubs live within their means, and if they do not live within their means P&S sanctions seem to accelerate the eventual administration.

Thats what happens when you are dealing with emotionless bas***** who couldnt care less about anything but money... the charges against him were dropped and he'd have had us back in court if we did sue him.

Agree, but maybe I'm making this up, but I seem to remember the PL/ FA made a big thing about players mental health and things like. Sure it was said, if so doesn't the players Mental health matter anymore ?
It just sounds by hook or by crook they were going to make an example of us no matter what. Imagine we would have sued him, imagine the state he was at that time hero to zero, newly married and life in tatters and the PL's answer was to...sue him. Again to my admittedly limited knowledge, surely most competent Lawyers could argue that case ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back