6 + 2 Point Deductions

Does anyone know why player x was banned by the Premier League without even being charged, while other clubs like Sunderland were allowed to play Adam Johnson when he was literally guilty?

As well as other players down south, who have been questioned about sexual allegations?

This starting to feel like when the kopites wore the t shirts for the buck toothed racist, then didn’t bother appealing which made everybody involved look particularly stupid

Does anyone know why player x was banned by the Premier League without even being charged, while other clubs like Sunderland were allowed to play Adam Johnson when he was literally guilty?

As well as other players down south, who have been questioned about sexual allegations?
I didn't know he was banned by the PL i thought he was suspended by the club.

If thats true then that strengthens our case during the appeal.

He was banned immediately by the FA then sacked by the club, according to the verdict. To me, for either to be on safe legal grounds it seems like there has to be conduct he has fully admitted to which make it impossible to continue, in this case maybe on the grounds of safeguarding.

There MAY (not commenting on specifics) be reasons this hasn’t lead to a criminal charge such as entrapment, or his so-operation into investigations about wider offences, but his legal innocence doesn’t necessarily mean his admitted conduct didn’t amount to gross misconduct.

He was banned immediately by the FA then sacked by the club, according to the verdict. To me, for either to be on safe legal grounds it seems like there has to be conduct he has fully admitted to which make it impossible to continue, in this case maybe on the grounds of safeguarding.

There MAY (not commenting on specifics) be reasons this hasn’t lead to a criminal charge such as entrapment, or his so-operation into investigations about wider offences, but his legal innocence doesn’t necessarily mean his admitted conduct didn’t amount to gross misconduct.

Makes sense. Which makes it all the more bizarre how it wasn’t accepted as a mitigating circumstance.

Our legal team will unearth some more crimes and inform the league.
Everton's team of legal eagles turn up at Goodison despite the appeal being heard in London.
1701432788226.webp

Can't get my head around the "further points deduction" based on the new set of accounts.

How are teams supposed to get out that situation? The league wanting clubs to sell everyone they've got and not reinvest? Force them into relegation?

Like people have said, clubs may as well go into admin, clear the debts, start again rather than continue to fight fires.

We won't be the only club treading the line.

Top 6 though...don't have to worry about it.

Just find the whole thing ill conceived and executed.

The only way things can be meaningfully resolved is through a full reset, but of course that won't happen.

They might as well now formally confirm to all clubs outside the top six that there is a permanent glass ceiling.

The sad thing is is that there will never be any momentum for genuine change. Fans of the top clubs are happy as they are, and most of the others have bounced back and forth between The Championship and lower. Your club goes down, it's a bad day, they come up, it's great. Have a couple of seasons like Brighton and it's better still. For how long though when every talent you have has to be sold.

I think it's different for us between our notions of grandeur on the one side, and no modern experience of relegation on the other. I think as the shock settles on the points deduction, we just left with a bleak outlook either way. The club is at a real crossroads, and it seems to be fading further with each passing week.

I didn't know he was banned by the PL i thought he was suspended by the club.

If thats true then that strengthens our case during the appeal.

Suspended indefinitely, or until contract/ case was sorted, which means we couldn't sell him/ play him but had to pay his wages. Tell me how that was not a mitigating factor, only our legal team could not argue that case alone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back