6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don't think they are any more. I think in order the list is now Man City, Real Madrid, RS, then Man u then PSG.

Because their poor performance, massive wages, lagging income and huge debt, its going to put a lot of pressure on them for FFP. I think thats the reason they have been buying more rubbish recently. FFP might be starting to hit them. Where as the oil clubs of City and PSG have a growth rate is far superior to the non oil clubs. Mainly with bogus commercial deals.

Which begs the question how can City and PSG get round the FFP when we blew it and are in a total mess.
Overinflating the value of a commercial deal and paying a manager off the books may end up costing them a lot more than money.

Overinflating the value of a commercial deal and paying a manager off the books may end up costing them a lot more than money.
I think you are right. I just hope that we are the outlier in the punishment stakes. What i fear is that we get a 10 point deduction, appeal refused, and then all the clubs have a meeting and decide to temper the severity of the punishments, after we have been punished.

Also, how the hell can you have two punishments in one season i.e. we breach the rules again with this months accounts. Surely that's a nonsense and if their is any further penalty it will be next year, not this. (assuming we are in breach)

Very frustrating isn’t it? My only guess is our billionaire owner got booted out of the country and the ongoing Ukrainian / Russian war meant he couldn’t even sneak or filter the money back? Either way, I think top flight football is about to implode on itself and the inevitable set up of the Euro Money league will be the straw that breaks the camels back.
Possibly, or the clubs all get together and change the rules to make them less severe, AFTER we have taken our punishment. I will bet that will happen.

I think you are right. I just hope that we are the outlier in the punishment stakes. What i fear is that we get a 10 point deduction, appeal refused, and then all the clubs have a meeting and decide to temper the severity of the punishments, after we have been punished.

Also, how the hell can you have two punishments in one season i.e. we breach the rules again with this months accounts. Surely that's a nonsense and if their is any further penalty it will be next year, not this. (assuming we are in breach)
This is exactly what will happen, there is nothing more certain.

The fact people can see it makes it all the more frustrating.
Why has Citys investigation been penned in for August next year?

The PL is going to eat itself alive. Cant say ill be disappointed.

Funny thing is we were one of the catalysts for the idea.

Remember the old first division - it seemed fairer and anyone could win it.

The PL are still supportive of any team winning the league as long as that team is called United or Liverpool.

Why is it luck that they recruited Caicedo and Ferguson.

I'd suggest it was good scouting and recruitment.

Both players were wanted by plenty clubs prior to them joining.

Everton for example were being linked with Caicedo before brighton and apparently we could have signed him months before -- per media reports.

Lucky the players chose them and others didnt pull the trigger

Everton for example were being linked with Caicedo before brighton and apparently we could have signed him months before -- per media reports.

No luck. Brighton clearly made a better case to the players , showed them a pathway and the decisions by the players were correct.

This is exactly what will happen, there is nothing more certain.

The fact people can see it makes it all the more frustrating.
Why has Citys investigation been penned in for August next year?
I can only assume the delay for the city case is because its more complex. But haven't they been investigating them for over 5 years??

Also Uefa found them guilty of breaching FFP quite a few years ago with 30m fine. The investigations cover the same period I think. Why has it taken the PL so long when another jurisdiction has already found them guilty and punished them several years ago??

I know that it's quite sad, but I've just been looking over this again, because, in my opinion to disregard this as a mitigating factor is one of the worst

"The Commission considers there to be a number of difficulties with Everton’s argument. First, as a matter of principle we do not see why this should stand 36 as mitigation. Everton asserts that it suffered a loss as a consequence of a business decision that it made: we do not see that that can stand as mitigation. Second, although there was evidence of the player’s psychological state in the immediate aftermath of his arrest, there was no evidence of his psychological state when the decision not to pursue the claim was taken. Third, the value of £10 million that Everton puts on the foregone claim is speculative. The claim may have faced difficulties, and there is no evidence that Player X would have been able to meet whatever judgment might have been obtained."

Firstly, there is no evidence that Player X's psychological state had improved, so it should therefore be judged on the latest available factual data, which they themselves say is evidenced.

Secondly, to disregard it based upon 'he may not have been able to pay it anyway' goes in no way to alter the value of any ruling. Any finding in a court of law, and subsequent punishment should be done so by application of a judges consideration as to what is a return that equalises the loss felt. If a judge had ordered a fine of £10m to Everton, then that is the adjudged cost to us of the actions of Player X. We don't have to have that back in our bank before the loss becomes reality. I hope we have sought a Judge/counsels advice on potential returns as part of any non-realised case.

It's not luck when they're consistently able to attract those players.

Perhaps it's not sustainable, but it's not luck.

I can only assume the delay for the city case is because its more complex. But haven't they been investigating them for over 5 years??

Also Uefa found them guilty of breaching FFP quite a few years ago with 30m fine. The investigations cover the same period I think. Why has it taken the PL so long when another jurisdiction has already found them guilty and punished them several years ago??
The more and more you look at it, it reeks of corruption!

They're a great asset to the PL brand with the players and manager they have, its self harming if they punish them severely.

Like weve said the laws/rules will change after the outcome of our appeal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back