6 + 2 Point Deductions

We might get a couple of points back but no way will we get the lot back. We will probably get enough back to look like they are being fair ish but not enough to change anything (eg we are currently on 16 points and Brentford 19 so they would probably give us 2 points back so basically they are giving us something but not enough to change our league position)

It was interesting reading the Guardian article on who supporters want their club to buy in January (The Esk does ours so I generally ignore it). A number of fans mentioned FFP, including Man United. I do think the points deduction has had a big effect, which probably counts against us in terms of getting any points back. It was also interesting reading an article about Barcelona who are under big budget restrictions from La Liga. They regulate properly and have a wage cap and spending cap, and won't let teams register players if they are outside of the limits. The Premier League needs to do this as well.

We might get a couple of points back but no way will we get the lot back. We will probably get enough back to look like they are being fair ish but not enough to change anything (eg we are currently on 16 points and Brentford 19 so they would probably give us 2 points back so basically they are giving us something but not enough to change our league position)

Any comptetent lawyer makes this a non-option. If there is anything that invalidates the formula - anything at all, and there are several things that do - we get all 10 back or this gets taken into the real legal world, not the utter [Poor language removed] monkey house that dares to call itself the peak of professional football.

Any comptetent lawyer makes this a non-option. If there is anything that invalidates the formula - anything at all, and there are several things that do - we get all 10 back or this gets taken into the real legal world, not the utter [Poor language removed] monkey house that dares to call itself the peak of professional football.
I agree and the PL shot itself in the foot by trying to apply a punitive sanction to stave off the threat of independent regulation which does not stand up to objective scrutiny.
If the sanction had been 8 points which would be 1 less than if going into administration then I think they would be on firmer footing(I don’t agree with any points deduction but that would have had an element of thought applied by the IC).
I just hope we have a top legal team doing the appeal to get this reduced to nil and replaced with a financial penalty for a financial transgression.

I totally agree. I just don't have faith we've got people making that argument ferociously enough. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I don’t get how this affects any other team if we get points back.

The season isn’t over. It should not change how any other team plays as it has nothing to do with them. Every team should be playing to win every game.
It doesnt, as much as some make out it does. The points should have been suspended from the off - pending the appeal. As i said a few days ago, to me if i was one of the others at the bottom, i would acting as though Everton werent there and still had the 10points back

See this is where you and many others are so fundamentally mistaken. This isn't the real world. The Premier League is a private members club to which all 20 have signed up to. Their disciplinary process was followed. Their appeal process is being followed. The only was this changes is we step outside the process through the common law courts and independent sporting arbitration which I can't see 777 wanting in a million years.

The basis of the appeal should be where those extra four points came from as it seemed incredibly flimsy justification from the premier league. It really shouldn't be that difficult to pick extreme holes in that verdict by a competent lawyer/legal team which I assume the club has appointed to go through word for word.

Bigger issue is apparently you break FFP rules and get found guilty and it's an automatic -6 deduction. That was news to me and seemingly all other clubs over the years who've been found guilty and just received fines (Chelsea and Man. United last summer....) but if that's enforced consistently now like Administration points deductions are accepted then that will be harder to successfully appeal.

Expecting 4 points back in any case which will probably be critical come late May.

The basis of the appeal should be where those extra four points came from as it seemed incredibly flimsy justification from the premier league. It really shouldn't be that difficult to pick extreme holes in that verdict by a competent lawyer/legal team which I assume the club has appointed to go through word for word.

Bigger issue is apparently you break FFP rules and get found guilty and it's an automatic -6 deduction. That was news to me and seemingly all other clubs over the years who've been found guilty and just received fines (Chelsea and Man. United last summer....) but if that's enforced consistently now like Administration points deductions are accepted then that will be harder to successfully appeal.

Expecting 4 points back in any case which will probably be critical come late May.
Minor issue, but no club has ever broken PSR before.

Minor issue, but no club has ever broken PSR before.

What is PSR?

Just checked on the Man. United point I made and turns out Uefa investigated instead and just gave them a small fine instead of being banned from Uefa competitions for a season:

With Chelsea I'm not actually that bothered by how they're punished as the way Boehly and Clearlake are running them is Moshiri-esque so they basically start every season now on -20 compared to how it's gone for them over the last two decades!

The big one will be the Man. City verdict but no doubt they'll appeal any deduction for years on end.

What is PSR?

Just checked on the Man. United point I made and turns out Uefa investigated instead and just gave them a small fine instead of being banned from Uefa competitions for a season:

With Chelsea I'm not actually that bothered by how they're punished as the way Boehly and Clearlake are running them is Moshiri-esque so they basically start every season now on -20 compared to how it's gone for them over the last two decades!

The big one will be the Man. City verdict but no doubt they'll appeal any deduction for years on end.
FFP is for clubs in European comps.
PSR is Premier League only.

Loads of clubs have breached FFP and been fined.

Everton are the first club to be found guilty of breaching PSR.

There are minor differences between the 2 things, hence why some clubs breach FFP and not PSR.

I dont understand the difference, so please dont ask.