6 + 2 Point Deductions

Hmmm the IC saying the EFL’s rule of punishing twice in the same season can’t be used but our appeal panel said the first IC overlooked use of the EFL’s rules.

The whole thing is a joke.
That’s one of the major points of an appeal. The second IC, like the first IC, failed to make use of existing precedents from the EFL and instead chose to make up their own rules. The appeal board said the first one was wrong and the second one might too. It’s worth a crack because if successful we get zero.

That’s one of the major points of an appeal. The second IC, like the first IC, failed to make use of existing precedents from the EFL and instead chose to make up their own rules. The appeal board said the first one was wrong and the second one might too. It’s worth a crack because if successful we get zero.
we may be better served by going the civil courts under tort law. We have been wronged by these amateurish arbitrary rules and it will cost us millions.

If we stay up, I hope all the PL clubs vote to scrap these rules with immediate effect during the summer, so that there are no more charges, hearings, and appeals, and the whole thing is consigned to the dustbin with no further action taking place.

I don’t care if it means City and Chelsea would get away with it, or if it’s unfair on the clubs that didn’t break the rules during this accounting period.

At present, a third consecutive breach by ourselves is possible, maybe even likely, and I can’t be arsed dealing with it all over again next season… should we stay up!

The clubs need to get together and sack it off!

….lets not forget, some months ago the Parliamentary Select Committee asked Masters for the minutes of the PL Board Meeting where Everton’s points deduction was discussed. A few weeks later the Select Committee chair received a letter from PL saying ‘we are a private company and not required to provide you with the minutes of Board meetings’

Clearly something to hide, those minutes could be dynamite if they haven’t already been shredded or doctored.

(By the way, it’s great to see you back, Dave.)
This should be challenged through the courts. A discussion in private concerning the possible penalising one of the members of the 'Company' should be made public, once an Inquiry Commission has ruled, and that decision is adverse to the member.

Should not an application be made under the 'Freedom of Information' rules? If the Premier League refuse, then drag them through the courts for unfair practise, potentially prejudicial to the daily operation of a business, which is what all clubs must be classed as nowadays.

I'm just surprised the club hasn't piled into the Premier league yet...

This should be challenged through the courts. A discussion in private concerning the possible penalising one of the members of the 'Company' should be made public, once an Inquiry Commission has ruled, and that decision is adverse to the member.

Should not an application be made under the 'Freedom of Information' rules? If the Premier League refuse, then drag them through the courts for unfair practise, potentially prejudicial to the daily operation of a business, which is what all clubs must be classed as nowadays.

I'm just surprised the club hasn't piled into the Premier league yet...
The Premier League aren't subject to freedom of information legislation I'm afraid.

A horrible thought crossed my mind earlier when I heard they’d stripped us of a further two points and the potential for more to come. Could the players sue the Club or claim their contracts become null and void if we are relegated for financial mismanagement? I’m not suggesting they would, but knowing how agents work and if we tried to play hardball with say a suitor for Branthwaite and tried holding out for what we felt his true value is it could become an issue.
Barrett-Baxendale, Ingles, Kenwright clearly didn’t meet their fiduciary duties and should have been sued not paid off.