6 + 2 Point Deductions

If I was a footballer I would be thinking what if I break my leg in the final month of my contract and ive got no dough to pay for my birds botox for 2 years while I recover.

Had this convo loads of times. Why would you knock back 5 years money for 3 years money? Suarez signed a new contract six months before he left Liverpool.

Our wage bill isn't 60m mate.
In the 22/23 numbers it was £159.00 million but that is the total wage bill. It was estimated that squad costs ( not sure how they possiblyy arrived at that %) was that 70% of overall wage costs. So if that % is applicable to Everton that would mean £102 million.
I actually don’t think that if your amortisation numbers continue to drop very quick from the £82.4 million .

Yes home grown players is pure profit.

Where as selling an asset you bought it has to be disposed of in the accounts

This is accounted for based on the carrying value of the player. Which is the cost of the asset (purchase value) minus the accumulated depreciation. Dependent on the depreciation method but in football the standard should be straight line depreciation.

Then to determine the profit or loss on disposal, you take the combined accumulated depreciation and proceeds on disposal and if they are greater than the original cost of the asset you have made a profit. The reverse than a loss on disposal.

So for example we made a profit on the books selling Iwobi even though the money we sold him for was less then the purchase value.

Because they will sell Chalobah, who is a home grown player, which counts for more......or something like that!

Our wage bill isn't 60m mate.
It is for this coming season

Last season it was £84m

It is for this coming season

Last season it was £84m

Thats a site that uses made up numbers to guess our player wages.

According to the Everton published accounts, our Wage bill was 159m last season.

The grey area is of course that is wages across the whole business, not just the playing side.

Unless we are paying Tea Ladys 100k a week I doubt that our wage bill is only 60m for players.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back