777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, profit is the wrong word. They're looking to generate a consistent revenue stream from a club, I also think that is pie in the sky for us for at least the next four or five years but maybe after that there is some scope for it. They also can't do it quite the same way the Glazers did it because of the new rules regarding leveraged buyouts (which I fully support), which also makes us less attractive.

Not sure where all this goes but I suspect it will get worse, maybe a lot worse, before it gets better.
Yes, you are right about the leveraged buyout and I forgot all about that. My bad.

The PL voted to ban full leveraged buyouts. Did they say what amount (%) that clubs could load onto themselves?

And yes, totally agree with that last sentence. It will get worse before it gets better.

Mate,
You're basing this comment largely on two tweets about Witsel and Mata.

All of his financial articles and podcasts about the clubs finances are sent to the club... to each individual board member and Moshiri... with assurances that if they can demonstrate or prove any of his figures to be inaccurate, wrong or misleading he will immediately retract and apologise.
Have you seen any retractions ?
No.
Why not ?
Could it be because his financial projections are so close to factual or bang on the mark ?
It's not just that,he insisted for ages that Usmanov was not involved with us

Its a massive asset that still needs paying for.

Its not a free Stadium like City and West Ham got.

Spurs have massive debt regarding the Stadium, but they at least have a loan.

True. Maybe I look at this stuff through the prism of my old life. (Commercial property).

I own (ish) a semi detatched, 3 bed cottage in a highly desirable little corner of the UK. It needs some decorative work. New kitchen most likely.

But it sits on a plot of land that could easily cope with 3 large new builds, or one absolutely massive one. Time aint right atm, but owning it could unlock the potential for the rest of plot. A mini Liverpool Waters if you like.

Thats the thinking, I think.

IF you consider that Newcastle was sold for 300m, with a decent stadium and I think very little debt?

Then when you factor in money Moshiri would want, 600m? Our internal debt, 150m? Our external debt, 200m? Then lets say another 3-400m for The Stadium?

Thats a lot of money for a club that then needs potentially another 200m spent on players to just have a squad next Summer.

Ashley initially had it on sale for £400mill. And would still be there if the league hadn't gone back on allowing the Saudi's in.

I've said before it's all down to what the owner values the club at, not the mechanics around why the figure is justified.

He's pumped £700mill into it. He'll have a billion pound stadium next year.

Of course he's going to want close to a billion for it.

But for me...£600-700mill will be the sweet spot for him. As well as keeping a small piece.

Yes, you are right about the leveraged buyout and I forgot all about that. My bad.

The PL voted to ban full leveraged buyouts. Did they say what amount (%) that clubs could load onto themselves?

And yes, totally agree with that last sentence. It will get worse before it gets better.
I think the new rules are that you can only borrow 65% of the value of the club in a buyout. Still a good chunk, tbf, and higher than it should be, imo.

True. Maybe I look at this stuff through the prism of my old life. (Commercial property).

I own (ish) a semi detatched, 3 bed cottage in a highly desirable little corner of the UK. It needs some decorative work. New kitchen most likely.

But it sits on a plot of land that could easily cope with 3 large new builds, or one absolutely massive one. Time aint right atm, but owning it could unlock the potential for the rest of plot. A mini Liverpool Waters if you like.

Thats the thinking, I think.
Theres no doubt that theres money to be made.

But using your example.

You knock down the house, you build 3 houses and you make a profit.

No ifs, no maybes, no relegation, no massive debts, no unknown aspects.

But for sure, for a patient and clever investor, there is plenty of money to be made, its just not that attractive compared to other investments they could make instead.

Mate,

All of his financial articles and podcasts about the clubs finances are sent to the club... to each individual board member and Moshiri... with assurances that if they can demonstrate or prove any of his figures to be inaccurate, wrong or misleading he will immediately retract and apologise.
No.
Why not ?
Could it be because his financial projections are so close to factual or bang on the mark ?
What i said again was that he has got some truth to what he says but again close to factual is still not the full picture.

Mate,

No.
Why not ?

Or could it be because they consider him a complete no mark in the grand scheme of things and have no obligation to respond to him?

Whilst you and admittedly plenty of others on his social platforms think he's chatting sense and that he merits a reply, he's essentially just another fella on the internet giving his opinion. I don't read much of his stuff other than what gets posted on here, me and him have spoken and he's an intelligent bloke but I don't give any weight to the argument based on the fact that Everton haven't refuted some random blokes claims.

It's not the same entity at all. When Goodison goes there will be scant connection between the club of 2025 and the club I grew up with. I wouldn't be surprised to see EitC on the chopping block next.
True enough for most fans, but there has to be something (positive) Everton about us that can be carried over to the BMD. The question is what is it?
The EitC one is concerning though.

No. But the rumour is 65%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back