777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowt to do with the media mate

Someone will come in that is now a given , if not Textor there will be others.

If the "other 14" don't want FFP / PSR they can just simply vote it out ....but they don't.
There's a reason for that.
Kenwright played that game fior 30 years. He adored mediocrity. So long as we were getting the big bucks from TV and he was in charge, that was fine by him. His only ambition was to line his own pockets and get his big fat stupid face in the papers. But now he's dead.

I disagree, an owner with deep pockets is more likely to cleat all the debts rather than pay the interest you`d accumulate on them.

Don`t forget putting money in to clear debts will not affect PSR as these costs are already in the accounts and will give the club much much more wiggle room than a long term debt restructure/mortgage.

Good post mate and this is an excellent point.

Also think the short term funding arrangements are interesting, if Moshiri and MSP fund us in the short term, I can see both holding some minority stake going into the medium term and sell a majority stake to Textor.

This fanbase allowed Bill Kenwright to destroy this club and it took 30 years for them to finally protest him properly.

The Tex will be fine.

I think it was easier for BK to pull the wool over our fans eyes than it will be for any future owner. Even though the last 3 years have been tough, I think the club was in a much bleaker position in the late 90's / early 00's. No investment, no real chance of a new ground.

Him being an Evertonian pulled on many heartstrings.

For what its worth, I do not believe Textor will end up owning Everton. I seen an interview from him today stating he isn't hopeful of selling his Palace stake in time to do a deal with EFC.

That to me sounds like he will be aware that other credible bidders are waiting for 31st May to enter talks with the club.

From what I have seen of him, he likes to speak to the media & wasnt given control of a London football club. Sounds eerily familiar to a certain Iranian.

I think it was easier for BK to pull the wool over our fans eyes than it will be for any future owner. Even though the last 3 years have been tough, I think the club was in a much bleaker position in the late 90's / early 00's. No investment, no real chance of a new ground.

Him being an Evertonian pulled on many heartstrings.

For what its worth, I do not believe Textor will end up owning Everton. I seen an interview from him today stating he isn't hopeful of selling his Palace stake in time to do a deal with EFC.

That to me sounds like he will be aware that other credible bidders are waiting for 31st May to enter talks with the club.

From what I have seen of him, he likes to speak to the media & wasnt given control of a London football club. Sounds eerily familiar to a certain Iranian.
To be fair the man himself said just yesterday that he doesnt think he will make it work.

So it seems unlikely for now, but time will tell.

@The Bobble

Hello mate, just wondering why you think it's appropriate to have your boys set up a patreon hinting at 'inside information' for those who sign up?

For example:

It looks a bit that you are taking advantage of our current plight. That you and your mates are using the general anxiety over the future of our club, a worry that that affects our supporters lives, for your own gain?

I am a member and it’s not just takeover posts, all kinds of news goes in

@The Bobble

Hello mate, just wondering why you think it's appropriate to have your boys set up a patreon hinting at 'inside information' for those who sign up?

For example:

It looks a bit that you are taking advantage of our current plight. That you and your mates are using the general anxiety over the future of our club, a worry that that affects our supporters lives, for your own gain?

Evening mate. Taking advantage of our current plight? For years, I have come on twitter and more recently on here too to engage with blues and put the facts out there. All the forum is, is another addition to the channel that allows members to speak amongst themselves, like this forum in truth. I mentioned on the forum about said potential investor instead of tweeting it, partly due to not personally wanting to tweet it, nothing more. If listening to the podcast is for you then great, if it's not, that's absolutely fine. It's not for everyone I'm sure!

It would be bizarre that a Premier League football club, even one that's been underperforming for a very long time, and in a weak financial footing, didn't have people wanting to buy it if it's up for sale.

The problem is can Moshiri be relied upon to make the right call?
He has giving me no reason to doubt his decision making yet.

Evening mate. Taking advantage of our current plight? For years, I have come on twitter and more recently on here too to engage with blues and put the facts out there. All the forum is, is another addition to the channel that allows members to speak amongst themselves, like this forum in truth. I mentioned on the forum about said potential investor instead of tweeting it, partly due to not personally wanting to tweet it, nothing more. If listening to the podcast is for you then great, if it's not, that's absolutely fine. It's not for everyone I'm sure!

They're just jealous Bobbles making a few Bob from Evertonian misery mate.

Dont mind them.

"I want to be involved in an English club that wins championships, at the top of the league. And this requires taking risks that can also lead you to the opposite path. I don't know if this strategy is necessarily correct for Palace. There must be other people a little more patient than me, and maybe impatience is not necessarily good for Palace," he said.

Currently, Eagle Football owns 45% of Crystal Palace. According to the publication, the entrepreneur intends to sell the shares precisely because he is unable to acquire the majority participation in the club…

Seems he’s frustrated at Palace. Wants to do things there that he’s not allowed to do.

I would opt for textor over moshiri/777 everytime as he is the obviously vastly superior option, the only concern after researching his involvement with the other clubs he owns, is that he ruthlessly sacks managers like a bodily function or on par with the watford fc ownership

From the Belgian club that he owns wiki page:
On 13 May 2023, RWDM secured promotion to the Belgian Pro League by winning the Challenger Pro League title in a narrow 1–0 victory over RSCA Futures, with Mickaël Biron scoring the winning goal.[4][5] They went straight back down at the end of their first season back in the top flight, going through four first-team coaches in that time, with Vincent Euvrard and almost his entire coaching staff dismissed on the week of their opening game against K.R.C. Genk.

Last edited:
Excuse my naivety here but with the news seemingly getting better in that Moshiri’s tenure coming to an end does this rule out any type of administration etc ?

I just can't get too excited over this rumour, first of all he has to find a buyer for his palace shares before he can even do anything about dealing with us, And you know the only offer that will come in for his shares will be from 777 once they know they're out the pic with us...

Where was such an excited potential buyer of our club before the 777 agreement.

Still have my suspicions on Textor being genuine if im honest.

All the reports just dont make sense to me.

He ownes 45% of Palace, if hes trying to sell it, he has and these reports sigifacntly weaken his negoation positition, if people think he has @ deadline to complete a deal somewhere else, then no one is mak8ng big bids. Simply put if ypu were trying to sell a stake to invest in another club, you wouldnt tell your self, ne er mind the national media.

Also think hes going to have trouble shifting his Palace stake, he has 45% of the shares, for what seems like a four way decision process at the club, who'd buy 45% of a PL and not control it. The existing shareholders may be, however they knowing he wants out will low ball him.

None of his actions or media reports lends itself to a clever corporate strategy here, which makes me very suspicious on the legitimacy of this, doesnt make much sense,

Why do you release the team sheet 10 mins before the club every game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back