Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1711182009600.webp

And so it begins........ again!

TAKEOVER FIGHT

Can he just reduce the share price he'd be looking for and bring 3 or 4 of the players with him, Ollise - Eze - Wharton and gueye.
Wouldn't be a bad start for a new beginning. Oh, and clear the debts and I'd be a Happy man...

You know, I have a long-standing "dream", Im not sure if its a dream, just thoughts that enter my head when im trying to sleep and I always dream that Bezos fancies getting in on the act, but its total fantasy, he picks me to run things for him.

So I do have happy thoughts at times.
No mate.
Just no.

You've destroyed more career's than snapped cruciate ligaments.

You can do catering.

You know the clubs have each others line ups up to half an hour before their officially released right?
I do.
I also know if I'm trying to run a business that relies on brand recognition and sponsorship exposure, I want to maximize any club announcements. I want to give the impression that my business is in total control of any information it releases. I want to be professional.

Bobble releases the team before the club for clout so that more people listen to his paywalled podcast.

I don't really blaim him or esk per se. The club seems so poorly run that losing control of any narrative or even basic club info seems inevitable.

Bobble and Esk are just symptoms of a very poorly run club. Prentice should have been replaced a while back.

But I certainly don't think either are helping.

I do.
I also know if I'm trying to run a business that relies on brand recognition and sponsorship exposure, I want to maximize any club announcements. I want to give the impression that my business is in total control of any information it releases. I want to be professional.

Bobble releases the team before the club for clout so that more people listen to his paywalled podcast.

I don't really blaim him or esk per se. The club seems so poorly run that losing control of any narrative or even basic club info seems inevitable.

Bobble and Esk are just symptoms of a very poorly run club. Prentice should have been replaced a while back.

But I certainly don't think either are helping.
Run the club into the ground and give fans a few years off for all the pai. A d suffering we've all had to put up with while moshiri has run us

Still have my suspicions on Textor being genuine if im honest.

All the reports just dont make sense to me.

He ownes 45% of Palace, if hes trying to sell it, he has and these reports sigifacntly weaken his negoation positition, if people think he has @ deadline to complete a deal somewhere else, then no one is mak8ng big bids. Simply put if ypu were trying to sell a stake to invest in another club, you wouldnt tell your self, ne er mind the national media.

Also think hes going to have trouble shifting his Palace stake, he has 45% of the shares, for what seems like a four way decision process at the club, who'd buy 45% of a PL and not control it. The existing shareholders may be, however they knowing he wants out will low ball him.

None of his actions or media reports lends itself to a clever corporate strategy here, which makes me very suspicious on the legitimacy of this, doesnt make much sense,
Let me just say that Textor has never done anything dodgy at Palace, it's just that his vision for how the club progress is not in accord with the rest of the Board's. Palace seem to be getting a lot of stick on here for their "lack of ambition" but this is a club that's been in administration twice this century and was a club who'd just missed relegation to League One by a single point and was 24 hours from liquidation as recently as 2010. Since then, some progress has been made; new owners, promotion to the Premier League, 11 consecutive years in the Premier League, almost 3 times longer than we have ever managed to stay in the top flight before at any point in our history, the construction of a Grade One academy, the development of a whole new player recruitment strategy (seems to be bearing fruit), construction of a new stand about to commence.. This is progress borne out of ambition for the club. Sustain and grow. Takes time I suppose.
Our history has been very modest compared to Everton's and I've been on here long enough to understand the anger and frustration recent ownership has caused. Textor may be ok for you, particularly if he brings in other investors, (he doesn't have a lot of dough himself, at least not PL club purchasing dough). If you don't mind the multi club model where Everton are just one club in his group that's fine. Our Board say that's not our way and most Palace fans currently agree. I have no axe to grind with Textor aside to say his priority in life is Textor, and his own wealth and any Football club he is involved with is first and foremost, a vehicle for that. He believes he can build successful clubs and a successful business along the way. I genuinely don't know if he can but the fact remains that differences with the Board aside, Palace have made progress (with less expectations) while Textor has been on the Board.

….we have the valuable insight of @Alan Whittle on here but also plenty of chat on the Palace forum. Personally, I have concerns about any new owners but surely anything has to be better than 777;

View attachment 258470

View attachment 258471

View attachment 258472

View attachment 258474

View attachment 258475
The multi-club model is not something I particularly like the idea of tbh.

Sounds grim and even harder for teams out the loop, exposes more teams to financial difficulties if a franchise fails and takes the clubs further away from the fans.

It’s the way things are going to go I guess

Nowt to do with the media mate

Someone will come in that is now a given , if not Textor there will be others.

If the "other 14" don't want FFP / PSR they can just simply vote it out ....but they don't.
There's a reason for that.
Mate, if FFP didn't exist then something else would be in it's place. Parish has continually spoken out about the unfairness and long term structural damage of FFP. I would have thought an Everton fan, of all clubs, would have realised that just having the restrictions removed on expenditure is no guarantee of success. Some clubs are richer than others so some will spend more than others. This thing in your head about "not wanting" to spend more only makes sense if (1) they have the money to spend in the first place or (2) they are happy to load themselves with debt. Football is full of clubs who binned themselves off by spending money that they didn't have.
Sky support the the big clubs, and what they stand for, they cannot do a thing wrong. Every day on these forums (and others) that point is made in one form or another. "Nowt to do with the media" - ok mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back