777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just say that Textor has never done anything dodgy at Palace, it's just that his vision for how the club progress is not in accord with the rest of the Board's. Palace seem to be getting a lot of stick on here for their "lack of ambition" but this is a club that's been in administration twice this century and was a club who'd just missed relegation to League One by a single point and was 24 hours from liquidation as recently as 2010. Since then, some progress has been made; new owners, promotion to the Premier League, 11 consecutive years in the Premier League, almost 3 times longer than we have ever managed to stay in the top flight before at any point in our history, the construction of a Grade One academy, the development of a whole new player recruitment strategy (seems to be bearing fruit), construction of a new stand about to commence.. This is progress borne out of ambition for the club. Sustain and grow. Takes time I suppose.
Our history has been very modest compared to Everton's and I've been on here long enough to understand the anger and frustration recent ownership has caused. Textor may be ok for you, particularly if he brings in other investors, (he doesn't have a lot of dough himself, at least not PL club purchasing dough). If you don't mind the multi club model where Everton are just one club in his group that's fine. Our Board say that's not our way and most Palace fans currently agree. I have no axe to grind with Textor aside to say his priority in life is Textor, and his own wealth and any Football club he is involved with is first and foremost, a vehicle for that. He believes he can build successful clubs and a successful business along the way. I genuinely don't know if he can but the fact remains that differences with the Board aside, Palace have made progress (with less expectations) while Textor has been on the Board.

Thanks mate,

My point wasn't really a concern about Textor as owner - though id be keeping my powder dry.

More on a suspicion of whether this bid is serious or not.

Its not logical to me why you would go public, it totally undermines his negotiation position, for one it puts a deadline on his Palace stake and anyone interested will take advantage of it. As will the existing shareholders at Palace who may look to increase their stake by buying his - it doesn't make sense if hes serious, so makes me wonder if he is or that there could be a different agenda at play.

Secondly im not sure how attractive his Palace stake really is, 45% of the club for a quarter say in how its run - that's a big investment for very little operational control - cant see that being very attractive to a purchaser, so as that relates to Everton - hes going to find it hard to shift his Palace stake in my opinion and based on the above i dont know how he serious his bid for Everton is really - if he was serious he wouldn't have went public, it totally undermines his negation position - his position isn't logical and also has dealing with indefinite timelines.

His whole approach to this for me smacks of being, illogical, unrealistic or a really bad approach which undermines his own negotiation position. Meaning im suspicious the bid is a bit of a stunt.

Its actually weird that he's rocked up at Palace, for a multi club operator to invest in 45% shareholding, for a quarter say - is a bit of a bad fit and bad decision in the first place.

Last edited:
Thanks mate,

My point wasn't really a concern about Textor as owner - though id be keeping my powder dry.

Its not logical to me why you would go public, it totally undermines his negotiation position, for one it puts a deadline on his Palace stake and anyone interested will take advantage of it. As will the existing shareholders at Palace who may look to increase their stake by buying his - it doesn't make sense if hes serious, so makes me wonder if he is or that there is a different agenda at play.

Secondly im not sure how attractive his Palace stake really is, 45% of the club for a quarter say in how its run - thats a big investment for very little operational control, so as that relates to Everton - hes going to fin it hard to shift his stake in my opinion and based on the above i dont know how he serious his bid really is - its not logical and also has dealing with indefinite timelines.

His whole approach to this for me smacks of being unrealistic or a really bad approach which undermines his position. Im suspicious the bid is a bit of a stunt.

Its actually weird that he's rocked up at Palace, for a multi club operator to invest in 45% shareholding, for a quarter say - is a bit of a bad fit and bad decision in the first place.
I have similar concerns. Only really makes sense if he has a buyer lined up. But I'm still not sure how he benefits from the publicity, which as you say, would likely drive down the price of his Palace shares.

I have similar concerns. Only really makes sense if he has a buyer lined up. But I'm still not sure how he benefits from the publicity, which as you say, would likely drive down the price of his Palace shares.

Exactly this mate, im calling BS on it, because if he was really serious, we wouldn't know about it. Its also a reported chain deal, hes absolutely slit the throat of his own negotiation position for a sale and purchase - which makes me think - this is a stunt.

Also this leak came from Alan Myers, so obviously from within the club - this might be a trojan horse to flush out others, or add heat to negotiations with MSP and other creditors.

Exactly this mate, im calling BS on it, because if he was really serious, we wouldn't know about it. Its also a reported chain deal, hes absolutely slit the throat of his own negotiation position for a sale and purchase - which makes me think - this is a stunt.

Also this leak came from Alan Myers, so obviously from within the club - this might be a trojan horse to flush out others, or add heat to negotiations with MSP and other creditors.
But if he’s destroyed his negotiating position for the sale by declaring his interest wouldn’t it be even crazier to do so if the interest WASN’T serious? If he isn’t serious why on earth has he done it?

But if he’s destroyed his negotiating position for the sale by declaring his interest wouldn’t it be even crazier to do so if the interest WASN’T serious? If he isn’t serious why on earth has he done it?

I believe his stake has been on the market for some time, with very little interest, when you are selling, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I believe he prob wants out of Palace, but selling one to buy the other - i dont see it and i dont believe it, for the reasons ive said.

He's American, they're loud.

Thanks mate,

Its not logical to me why you would go public, it totally undermines his negotiation position, for one it puts a deadline on his Palace stake and anyone interested will take advantage of it. As will the existing shareholders at Palace who may look to increase their stake by buying his - it doesn't make sense if hes serious, so makes me wonder if he is or that there could be a different agenda at play.

Secondly im not sure how attractive his Palace stake really is, 45% of the club for a quarter say in how its run - that's a big investment for very little operational control - cant see that being very attractive to a purchaser, so as that relates to Everton - hes going to find it hard to shift his Palace stake in my opinion and based on the above i dont know how he serious his bid for Everton is really - if he was serious he wouldn't have went public, it totally undermines his negation position - his position isn't logical and also has dealing with indefinite timelines.

His whole approach to this for me smacks of being, illogical, unrealistic or a really bad approach which undermines his own negotiation position. Meaning im suspicious the bid is a bit of a stunt.

His intention was full control. Parish has not blinked and Textor has taken his ball home. Parish does not believe that Textor’s model is right for Palace. Harris & Blitzer are happy to go with Parish at the moment so Textor really ran out of road. I agree it seems odd to publicise his move in advance but selling 45% of a PL club would be difficult to keep a lid on. I think he is saving face a bit with his announcement of his interest in Everton. How come Everton weren’t such a great opportunity 3 months ago? Taking advantage of 777’s misfortune? Why not?

I think Textor would be fairly decent in regards to how modern football is going. I absolutely hate the multi-ownership model but it's what's happening now and people who don't follow/involve themselves in it will be left behind. Pretty much every single club in the league now is following it or is about to follow it.

It doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons.

1) If you announce that you want to sell something, your negotiating position is weakened. The best prices are always received by unwilling sellers (or at least what's perceived to be an unwilling seller). Outright saying you want to sell your shares means you're going to be lowballed, so it's hard to work out what the end game is there

2) Saying he *wants* to buy Everton has the same effect. He can't lowball and act like we are one of a load of options he has if he's declaring interest in buying us (although TBF in this instance it does seem like he's said he's considering other PL and Championship sides too). Even so, making it public doesn't really seem to have any great benefit to him.

If I'm being sceptical, I could see one of two possibilities for what he's said, neither of which mean his goal is to buy Everton.

• He still wants to ultimately control Palace and he hopes that this public statement is enough to get someone to sell him the 6% extra that would give him overall control as they don't want to lose him as a partner.
  • He is doing Moshiri a favour by saying all this as it potentially helps drive the price up for Moshiri if he's able to demonstrate that there are multiple people interested in buying the club.
But even then, both of them seem a bit far-fetched. It's just an odd state of affairs that there's no real logic to.

His intention was full control. Parish has not blinked and Textor has taken his ball home. Parish does not believe that Textor’s model is right for Palace. Harris & Blitzer are happy to go with Parish at the moment so Textor really ran out of road. I agree it seems odd to publicise his move in advance but selling 45% of a PL club would be difficult to keep a lid on. I think he is saving face a bit with his announcement of his interest in Everton. How come Everton weren’t such a great opportunity 3 months ago? Taking advantage of 777’s misfortune? Why not?
What's his 45% stake worth Al?

I would be surprised if that brought him remotely close to.affording Everton?

I do of course appreciate that he has to divest himself of any other PL.club interest.

Thanks for the insight mate, i can understand it from a Palace point of view their values and culture are well rooted in the community.

Wimbledon are a cautionary tale, Wimbledon of old are gone - in the name of "progress".

That's an excellent point on timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back