777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Al you are a good poster on here and value your opinion.
This isn't an argument as you put it , it was asking your opinion Palace don't/ can't match the aspirations of Textor.
Plus my opinion that the 14 other clubs seem to be happy with the rules , if not they would do something about it.

Your club has a lot going for it atm , well run , loyal fanbase , good manager and biggest pull of all being London based . Would your fanbase not want the likes of Textor to push the boat out somewhat and really compete rather than just be mid to lower Prem as long as the TV money comes in ?
Thanks.;)
Ideally we would like to push on but (as I said on another post) having been in administration twice this century, caution is a watchword. Finishing between 11th - 14th year after year can be a drag, but by our historical standards, it is relative success. The work done by the current board (including Textor) may be about to start paying off. Certainly it's been a long time since there has been so much optimism around Selhurst.
We don't have a trophy laden history to recapture, if we did, our outlook may be, understandably, very different.
Palace and Everton are currently under the old Chinese curse; We live in interesting times.

Thanks.;)
Ideally we would like to push on but (as I said on another post) having been in administration twice this century, caution is a watchword. Finishing between 11th - 14th year after year can be a drag, but by our historical standards, it is relative success. The work done by the current board (including Textor) may be about to start paying off. Certainly it's been a long time since there has been so much optimism around Selhurst.
We don't have a trophy laden history to recapture, if we did, our outlook may be, understandably, very different.
Palace and Everton are currently under the old Chinese curse; We live in interesting times.
Aye
You've a good manager there now and tbh earlier in the season I couldn't see a way back and relegation.
Must keep hold of him ,Eze & Olise to keep the momentum , this is where I hate the FFP lark as the Snakes will take them away in order for yous to comply with the phoney rules.
This happens at most clubs unfortunately.

Anyway let's hope both clubs have or about to turn a corner and have respective success.

And oddly Palace fans are suggesting we shouldn't let Textor through ours. It's a funny old game.
Thats not the impression ive got from what ive read regarding Palace fans.

Most seem to agree that hes doesnt fit into their plans, but not many are suggesting hes bad news.

Or maybe you have seen things I havent.

I'm a palace fan so I'll give my thoughts.

He could be great for you but there is every chance he could be a total disaster. He's done some good at Palace like the academy but ultimately there are too many question marks for me.

He made it very clear that Lyon was his number one, top of the pyramid. That's why the current owners have blocked him at every opportunity and why he has given up and selling his shares. Can't see why Everton would change this.

He's a chancer. One of these do it now and think later types. Pretty sure all his money is from external sources. The other Americans at Palace are the real money.

Finally his teams love/hate him at all times. No in between. Botafogo players didn't get paid for months. Lyon had a transfer ban for irregularities. Can't be trusted imo

Thanks mate,

My point wasn't really a concern about Textor as owner - though id be keeping my powder dry.

More on a suspicion of whether this bid is serious or not.

Its not logical to me why you would go public, it totally undermines his negotiation position, for one it puts a deadline on his Palace stake and anyone interested will take advantage of it. As will the existing shareholders at Palace who may look to increase their stake by buying his - it doesn't make sense if hes serious, so makes me wonder if he is or that there could be a different agenda at play.

Secondly im not sure how attractive his Palace stake really is, 45% of the club for a quarter say in how its run - that's a big investment for very little operational control - cant see that being very attractive to a purchaser, so as that relates to Everton - hes going to find it hard to shift his Palace stake in my opinion and based on the above i dont know how he serious his bid for Everton is really - if he was serious he wouldn't have went public, it totally undermines his negation position - his position isn't logical and also has dealing with indefinite timelines.

His whole approach to this for me smacks of being, illogical, unrealistic or a really bad approach which undermines his own negotiation position. Meaning im suspicious the bid is a bit of a stunt.

Its actually weird that he's rocked up at Palace, for a multi club operator to invest in 45% shareholding, for a quarter say - is a bit of a bad fit and bad decision in the first place.
The whole thing smacks of Textor being happy to cash his fifteen minutes of fame on a sell-to-buy deal that almost certainly won't happen, in the hopes that his luck happens to be in.

Better than 777? Yes. Better than Moshiri? There are worrying similarities.

I'm a palace fan so I'll give my thoughts.

He could be great for you but there is every chance he could be a total disaster. He's done some good at Palace like the academy but ultimately there are too many question marks for me.

He made it very clear that Lyon was his number one, top of the pyramid. That's why the current owners have blocked him at every opportunity and why he has given up and selling his shares. Can't see why Everton would change this.

He's a chancer. One of these do it now and think later types. Pretty sure all his money is from external sources. The other Americans at Palace are the real money.

Finally his teams love/hate him at all times. No in between. Botafogo players didn't get paid for months. Lyon had a transfer ban for irregularities. Can't be trusted imo
We will go straight to the top of his 'pyramid'....our potential is massive especially with the new ground on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back