777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it is certainly desperation from somebody, to remain seen as relevant and knowledgeable on the internet.

IMG_5727.webp

I'm a palace fan so I'll give my thoughts.

He could be great for you but there is every chance he could be a total disaster. He's done some good at Palace like the academy but ultimately there are too many question marks for me.

He made it very clear that Lyon was his number one, top of the pyramid. That's why the current owners have blocked him at every opportunity and why he has given up and selling his shares. Can't see why Everton would change this.

He's a chancer. One of these do it now and think later types. Pretty sure all his money is from external sources. The other Americans at Palace are the real money.

Finally his teams love/hate him at all times. No in between. Botafogo players didn't get paid for months. Lyon had a transfer ban for irregularities. Can't be trusted imo
A good 8/10 for the first post 👍!
You think Palace don't have just as much/more potential?
Did yourself no favours at all with the 1/10 second post!

2nd biggest team in a area of 1.4m as opposed to 8th biggest in an area of over 10m? Yeah your a bigger club but palace potential is huge.
What do you mean by huge?? Villa are a big club with a long history, just got in the champions league, but the chances are,
It’s more of a flash in the pan than a regular thing and makes no real Difference at this minute how much money you have, because the rules stop you from competing.

Until Newcastle, Villa, Everton or even palace, starting turn over figures similar to the top 6 it will always be very hard to compete, Villa this summer can’t go out and sign 4 50mil players and pay them 200k a week. Because they don’t turn over enough money. With our new ground, the location and fan base, history etc, we could bridge that gap in time. Palace will never even get close im sorry to say. The best you can ever hope for is a regular mid table prem team, and the odd cup run

Far be it from me to defend the so-called Esk but he has finally got something right. I had to look this one up but apparently "whomever" is an object pronoun and "whoever" is a subject pronoun. So "from whomever" would be correct.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind us having access to OL's academy - the best in France.

We will go straight to the top of his 'pyramid'....our potential is massive especially with the new ground on the horizon.
Yeah sorry to the couple of palace fans on here but there's no way we play 2nd fiddle to Lyon if this takeover happens.

Palace have a better squad and manager than us atm but there's a gulf in size between Palace and Everton in terms of history, fanbase and revenue potential.

Whether textor is good or bad the one thing im sure of is that we would be the 'jewel in the Crown' so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back