777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's his 45% stake worth Al?

I would be surprised if that brought him remotely close to.affording Everton?

I do of course appreciate that he has to divest himself of any other PL.club interest.
I don’t know how much it’s worth but much more than before he joined that’s for sure. I agree, it won’t cover buying Everton, he will be putting together a consortium and trying to ensure that he has control this time.

His intention was full control. Parish has not blinked and Textor has taken his ball home. Parish does not believe that Textor’s model is right for Palace. Harris & Blitzer are happy to go with Parish at the moment so Textor really ran out of road. I agree it seems odd to publicise his move in advance but selling 45% of a PL club would be difficult to keep a lid on. I think he is saving face a bit with his announcement of his interest in Everton. How come Everton weren’t such a great opportunity 3 months ago? Taking advantage of 777’s misfortune? Why not?
This all sounds very similar to Usmanov/Moshiri at Arsenal.

I am a fan of multi club models if we are top of the pile and seeing Branthwaite at PSV go and grow into the player he has become, I have a dream of us moving out brightest into a European league to develop the tactical element of their game.

The only things that matter is, IF he actually wants us does he have funds to pay off the creditors/take a loan at a decent rate to cover it all. And has he got links commercially that we can use to raise income through sponsorships and partnership programs.

I think one thing is for certain, whoever our new owner is, if good, will only be because of their goodwill, intentions and ambition, because we can’t trust Moshiri to select the right buyer even when 777 can no longer buy us

1. Clubs can vote against FFP but they cannot make new rules. I would suggest that the inability to agree within themselves as to what those new rules might look like and how they are applied is somewhat more complicated than you suggest.
2. I said that "Football is full of clubs that binned themselves off by spending money that they didn't have." That is demonstrably true but it doesn't accord with your argument of clubs spending what they like as it's their business. What about the fans of those clubs. If Everton had gone under through reckless spending you would have said "It was their business"? You can't see any clubs going bust in the future? We'll see.
3. Being "massively mismanaged through a series of events" puts a gloss on spending more than you could afford and spending it badly. Where FFP is an absolute disgrace is that Everton were punished for it and the clubs you mentioned continue to be allowed to flout the rules.
Al you are a good poster on here and value your opinion.
This isn't an argument as you put it , it was asking your opinion Palace don't/ can't match the aspirations of Textor.
Plus my opinion that the 14 other clubs seem to be happy with the rules , if not they would do something about it.

Your club has a lot going for it atm , well run , loyal fanbase , good manager and biggest pull of all being London based . Would your fanbase not want the likes of Textor to push the boat out somewhat and really compete rather than just be mid to lower Prem as long as the TV money comes in ?

Knowing us, we will get this cowboy country singer Tex Ritter lol -

1716896249325.webp

Something really strange like him and Moshiri doing some type of share swap? Moshiri might go to a few more games if he's involved in a London based side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back