777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just say that Textor has never done anything dodgy at Palace, it's just that his vision for how the club progress is not in accord with the rest of the Board's. Palace seem to be getting a lot of stick on here for their "lack of ambition" but this is a club that's been in administration twice this century and was a club who'd just missed relegation to League One by a single point and was 24 hours from liquidation as recently as 2010. Since then, some progress has been made; new owners, promotion to the Premier League, 11 consecutive years in the Premier League, almost 3 times longer than we have ever managed to stay in the top flight before at any point in our history, the construction of a Grade One academy, the development of a whole new player recruitment strategy (seems to be bearing fruit), construction of a new stand about to commence.. This is progress borne out of ambition for the club. Sustain and grow. Takes time I suppose.
Our history has been very modest compared to Everton's and I've been on here long enough to understand the anger and frustration recent ownership has caused. Textor may be ok for you, particularly if he brings in other investors, (he doesn't have a lot of dough himself, at least not PL club purchasing dough). If you don't mind the multi club model where Everton are just one club in his group that's fine. Our Board say that's not our way and most Palace fans currently agree. I have no axe to grind with Textor aside to say his priority in life is Textor, and his own wealth and any Football club he is involved with is first and foremost, a vehicle for that. He believes he can build successful clubs and a successful business along the way. I genuinely don't know if he can but the fact remains that differences with the Board aside, Palace have made progress (with less expectations) while Textor has been on the Board.

…..many thanks for the insight. The feeling I get from the Palace forum is Textor is not universally disliked which when you’re under the 777 cloud is something of a major step forward. The ‘multi-club’ model seems the main discontent but we were heading that way anyway.

…..many thanks for the insight. The feeling I get from the Palace forum is Textor is not universally disliked which when you’re under the 777 cloud is something of a major step forward. The ‘multi-club’ model seems the main discontent but we were heading that way anyway.
That's about it. Palace are doing ok with everyone pulling in the same direction. Textor kept tweaking the rudder. Our problem is now, who replaces Textor?
I say this though, which is where I started umpteen posts ago. Be careful what you wish for. I'm heartly glad that 777 are binned off, but it doesn't follow that Textor will be right for Everton just because 777 would have been catastrophic.

That's about it. Palace are doing ok with everyone pulling in the same direction. Textor kept tweaking the rudder. Our problem is now, who replaces Textor?
I say this though, which is where I started umpteen posts ago. Be careful what you wish for. I'm heartly glad that 777 are binned off, but it doesn't follow that Textor will be right for Everton just because 777 would have been catastrophic.
The Mosh should have a few quid to spare you could maybe give him a ring

If the war hadn't started in Ukraine and Usmanov was still involved I'm sure that a large pre stadium naming deal or some type of record shirt sponsorship deal would have kept us well clear of FFP problems.Think Moshiri has been nothing but a conduit for the Usmanov money

Well in summer 2021, before the war started, we only spent £1.7m in the transfer window, indicating that we were already in FFP trouble even with Usmanov’s sponsorship money. So there’s nothing to really suggest that we wouldn’t have been in the same position regardless of the war. We’ve just been criminally poorly run by the worst owner in the country and the war isn’t to blame.

Think the world political situation makes any new owner a big risk. US debt,the risk of the war in the Middle East spreading,China and Taiwan.etc

Mate, if FFP didn't exist then something else would be in it's place. Parish has continually spoken out about the unfairness and long term structural damage of FFP. I would have thought an Everton fan, of all clubs, would have realised that just having the restrictions removed on expenditure is no guarantee of success. Some clubs are richer than others so some will spend more than others. This thing in your head about "not wanting" to spend more only makes sense if (1) they have the money to spend in the first place or (2) they are happy to load themselves with debt. Football is full of clubs who binned themselves off by spending money that they didn't have.
Sky support the the big clubs, and what they stand for, they cannot do a thing wrong. Every day on these forums (and others) that point is made in one form or another. "Nowt to do with the media" - ok mate.
The media ( as much as i hate them ) don't make the rules , the Premier lge clubs make them.
Again ....if clubs don't like the current rules why don't they change them , it's all in their power to do so.

Man utd a Billion in debt , Chelsea flouting every rule going and City getting away with over 100 misdemeanours. These are the very things that FFP were brought in to stop. It's all geared to look after the top clubs and that certainly is not right.
I believe if a club wants to spend and have the resources to do it that's their business. If it doesn't work like one or 2 again that's their business, I don't see that any of them have gone bust and don't see any in the future.
We have been massively mismanaged through a series of events & ultimately being punished for building a stadium.

The media ( as much as i hate them ) don't make the rules , the Premier lge clubs make them.
Again ....if clubs don't like the current rules why don't they change them , it's all in their power to do so.

Man utd a Billion in debt , Chelsea flouting every rule going and City getting away with over 100 misdemeanours. These are the very things that FFP were brought in to stop. It's all geared to look after the top clubs and that certainly is not right.
I believe if a club wants to spend and have the resources to do it that's their business. If it doesn't work like one or 2 again that's their business, I don't see that any of them have gone bust and don't see any in the future.
We have been massively mismanaged through a series of events & ultimately being punished for building a stadium.
1. Clubs can vote against FFP but they cannot make new rules. I would suggest that the inability to agree within themselves as to what those new rules might look like and how they are applied is somewhat more complicated than you suggest.
2. I said that "Football is full of clubs that binned themselves off by spending money that they didn't have." That is demonstrably true but it doesn't accord with your argument of clubs spending what they like as it's their business. What about the fans of those clubs. If Everton had gone under through reckless spending you would have said "It was their business"? You can't see any clubs going bust in the future? We'll see.
3. Being "massively mismanaged through a series of events" puts a gloss on spending more than you could afford and spending it badly. Where FFP is an absolute disgrace is that Everton were punished for it and the clubs you mentioned continue to be allowed to flout the rules.

With all due respect no Palace fan has a scooby doo about the credentials of Textor as an owner because he doesn’t have a controlling stake in their club to influence any decisions. Which is why he wants to sell his shares there!

Thank god 777 will not be able to asset strip us if they had become owners - what the hell, was Moshiri thinking of ? Again this thread title need removing ASAP - no way they are taking us over thank god !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back