777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I do think we are a more desirable club atm. That isn’t belittling Palace in any way, it’s just that the stadium is close to done and we have more potential for growth in the modern game.

That and we have potential monster sales in Branthwaite and Onana down the line. You can build a new team with the income from that alone. Whoever ends up owning the team just needs to get it right like Moshiri failed with Lukaku.
But we probably won’t get to use that income for players as it’s realistically going to get swallowed up to pay off debt and stadium costs before the club even gets bought by another person.

Didn't even say you guys weren't bigger. That's ridiculous. Just said we had a lot of potential.
I agree to be fair. Looking at south London and the whole of the south east of England, there's no real dominant club like you have north of the river. Maybe there's potential for a Palace or a Brighton to grow into something bigger there

Sky transfer page is running a fear mongering story about everton about to be on the verge of administration , thus requiring a firesell of our best players and that we're selling jarred for 40 million to united. Of course it's source is that odious sensational rag that will remain unnamed. I know sky are unethical at times but to run that as a headline is extremely irresponsible and detrimental to everton supporters along with the club

You would be nothing without Olise and Eze, good luck trying to replace them when the time comes.
We'll be in the same position if we need to sell to satisfy FFP. Let's be honest our history and fanbase in reality count for nothing in today's game. You're only as good as your Premier League position. And as it stands over the last few seasons Palace have been better than us and haven't been hanging over the trap door with a few games to go.

Sky transfer page is running a fear mongering story about everton about to be on the verge of administration , thus requiring a firesell of our best players and that we're selling jarred for 40 million to united. Of course it's source is that odious sensational rag that will remain unnamed. I know sky are unethical at times but to run that as a headline is extremely irresponsible and detrimental to everton supporters along with the club
100%... They're an absolute disgrace.

none to me or you. Just makes us look amateurish.
No one involved with Everton should be happy that all the news and narrative related to the club are coming from lads with private paywalled info called bobble and esk.
At least when I was a kid running up my parents phone bill trying to find out if Limpar had signed, the club made something out of it.
Honestly mate, if you think for one second Everton are calling me and letting me know things before announcing things themself, then I give up! However, football is a small world and I know people in the game. That's all it is. It's really not that deep. I don't see the same scramble from people when David Ornstein releases a story before the clubs? Plus, with respect to myself and 'the esk', we are completely different mate. Like I've said numerous times, no hard feelings to anyone who doesn't like the channel, me, or anything else concerning it for that matter, it's not for everyone!

Honestly mate, if you think for one second Everton are calling me and letting me know things before announcing things themself, then I give up! However, football is a small world and I know people in the game. That's all it is. It's really not that deep. I don't see the same scramble from people when David Ornstein releases a story before the clubs? Plus, with respect to myself and 'the esk', we are completely different mate. Like I've said numerous times, no hard feelings to anyone who doesn't like the channel, me, or anything else concerning it for that matter, it's not for everyone.
Would be nice if you came on here from time to time and threw us the odd snippet instead of arguing with random Geezers ha.

The stadium is by most accounts 50 million from being finished, so what's the real difference now and then? People still have to find agreement with 4 different creditors to negotiate a sale and that's what we've had issues with. If what you say is true Moshiri would just keep it for another year.
Easiest way to explain:

You want to buy a completed new build house.

Is the amount you pay the same as what it cost to build? No, of course it's not, it's significantly more. Conversely if you buy a partially built house because the builders can't afford to complete, you'll often get it for close to cost.

Guys let it go. As I said it was just an innocent comment
I've no doubt it was an innocent comment. I don't blame you. We have been run into the ground by a charlatan chairman (who your old pal Simon Jordan considered a shining light and friend) for 30 years. The standards he set meant people who were used to seeing us as one of the truly great clubs in the game (with two MORE league titles than Man United in 1992 and the longest tenure of any club in the top flight) began to see us as "plucky underdogs" where seventh was success.

Your club - much smaller and less historically significant, obviously - has been far better run to the extent that you now see us as your peers. I can understand your bemusement at what was an innocent comment.

We're just suffering from downward mobility, while you guys are having one of your periodic up eras (El Tel/Vince Hilaire, Malcolm Allison, Ian Wright/Mark Bright, Alan Pardew). You're entitled to wonder why your investor might "upgrade" to us given the way we've been run.

But yeah, we have huge "potential" given our fanbase, history, tradition, and scale. Realising it is a different matter and those natural "advantages" can actualy become a hindrance as people fear change while maintaining the expectations of the past. Your potential might be smaller, but it's actually a postive potential. Ours comes with lots of baggage.

Never come on to argue mate 😂. It is a great forum but there is a graveyard for members who get hounded off here...I'd rather just drop in from time to time and keep my powder dry!
That’s a shame cos we’re still looking for an official forum ITK. The last one shouted “ear-shaped nachos” then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

• Haha
Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back