Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Everton were an individual then during Moshiri's reign it looks likely that we will have gone from owning our own place and financially just about getting by to being made homeless, skint, and massive debts to repay.

Some effort that!
It is impressive that.

Just to add to this gloomy Tuesday morning, you think where this club was at in the 80's, beginning of the 90's. Then for whatever Evertonian reason, the slide happened and look at us now.

Just who does this crackpot think he is?? Absolutely staggering.

Their is a tone of self importance there but he does have a point.

The last time I read The Athletic was during the appointment of Benitez. The reporters covering Everton absolutely followed the club line and it was clear that the local reporters valued their relationship with the board and the regulated access it provided over any kind of balanced reporting. Any reservations were dismissed as being childish tribalism.

There were some very good writers working there but as far as Everton went it was puff pieces all the way. If it's still the same reporters covering Everton for them then expect the same treatment for 777 unless it all falls through. I'd imagine the tone of their reporting on Moshiri has toughened considerably as they position themselves to portray any new owner as positively as possible.

Just laughing at all this really.

Where’s Kenwright the absolute charlatan? He is the root of all of this.

Honestly couldn’t give a fk if they go under. Hope Kenwright loses the millions he would make from any sale.

At least we would go down in history again. A state of the art stadium on the banks of the Mersey half finished 😂 it’s so typical of Everton and what it has become as an entity.

Yep there are a number of teams who've gone through this in the last few years, which is why they've tightened up the rules first in the EFL and now the EPL to stop people owning clubs who can't afford it. Personally I just want us to finish the stadium, as I feel that's vital for the long term future of the club. I think the most likely scenario is administration, the question being can we stave it off long enough to finish the ground? I suppose the question y, who gets what when we go bust? The training ground, Goodison etc and the new stadium will all go to creditors, but there may be a scenario where Andy Bell and his partners could buy the "club" for very little, and then buy the ground from a lender as well and rebuild from the 3rd division or wherever we end up. I know that sounds terrible to some, but I'd rather be in the 3rd division owned by people who want the best for the club than in the Championship paying all of our money to some legalised loan sharks with no long term prospects.
Lots of paranoia and scare mongering going around, I don’t think we are that close to Administration as people think.
We had no choice to to lower the wage budget, it was unsustainable with our league positions and millions paid out to useless managers.

It sounds like the stadium is now fully funded with the MSP,R&M and 777 loan. That’s a good thing that it’s now fully paid for.

What happens with 777 who knows not sure they get accepted but if the do, I see them flipping us really quick

Agree 100% with this. As horrible as it all is, we're on the verge of going into administration, which will automatically incur a points deduction and almost certainly see us relegated.

This is our only hope of avoiding it. Time is rapidly running out
Do you have any proof of that? If it was really true Pickford would have been sold

People are worried and it’s turning in to scaremongering, Pickford and Onana would have both gone,
Not necessarily - lose those two and there really is nothing left come January. At least if we get to Jan and the money has run out again (if the takeover is rejected) then those two can be sold,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back