Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any proof of that? If it was really true Pickford would have been sold
Yes, someone I used to work with at Deloitte, who is close to the deal told its 777 or administration.

Aside from that, the fact they have loaned the club 20m to keep the lights on tells you everything you need to know.

What assets?
Any asset stripper who thinks they will make a quick return on Everton FC is in for a very nasty shock.

The real money in football is in the capital gain when an owner eventually sells their share in the club.

Look at the value of the more successful clubs.... they are fetching several billion.

Obviously the difficult part is to take a stagnating club and make it successful... Moshiri found that out the hard way.

I was being sarcastic mate, should have used the sarky font.

It's all very much doom & gloom on Twitter right now.

To be fair, it's difficult to try and get a measure on exactly what is actually happening when there's so much stuff getting circulated about this lot & the general health of the club itself, most of it just perpetual negativity. It's hard to know what's accurate and what isn't because a lot of the reaction just seems to be coming from a place of high emotional resonance..

To be fair, it's difficult to try and get a measure on exactly what is actually happening when there's so much stuff getting circulated about this lot & the general health of the club itself, most of it just perpetual negativity. It's hard to know what's accurate and what isn't because a lot of the reaction just seems to be highly emotive..
There's also click bait agendas at play

Just laughing at all this really.

Where’s Kenwright the absolute charlatan? He is the root of all of this.

Honestly couldn’t give a fk if they go under. Hope Kenwright loses the millions he would make from any sale.

At least we would go down in history again. A state of the art stadium on the banks of the Mersey half finished 😂 it’s so typical of Everton and what it has become as an entity.

Is it bad that I genuinely hope we go bust..?

Could it be...no deal agreed,moshiri funds till takeover...deal agreed,OK those taking over can fund us by loan till full takeover
That's my thinking of it, Moshiri can't/won't put in any money so 777 will loan until full takeover

probably all agreed and arranged as part of the deal as 777 won't want the club going into administration

what a mess though

To be fair, it's difficult to try and get a measure on exactly what is actually happening when there's so much stuff getting circulated about this lot & the general health of the club itself, most of it just perpetual negativity. It's hard to know what's accurate and what isn't because a lot of the reaction just seems to be coming from a place of high emotional resonance..
Look up pretty much any topic on Twitter and you’ll get doom, gloom and hyperbole.

I try not to spend too much time reading opinions because most of them are just recycled more extreme versions of someone else’s opinions so they spiral and get more and more disastrous

I don't understand the current situation, were theesk's alarming warnings about the club's finances true despite it being constructed largely from secondary sources?
Why trust groups with vested interests and the veracity of their statement?
Why do they want to talk to groups carrying the best interest of the club when the time is right?
Why talk to sports journalists and not fans?
Is a few months of working capital really worth those positions on the board? (Then why not people like Andy Bell who lent more for the same reason?)
It would make sense if they went to any trusted financial journalist and asked to keep hush until the deal is done for all that financial speculation and stuff. But why break stuff to sports journalists?

Can anyone explain if I am missing a nuance or something....

This has been coming for a long time 80% turnover spent on wages can not run a football club like that

Do not want to see us go bust there will be other clubs in same position as us to too many players being paid extortionate wages this is a warning for the rest of the premiership live within your means

To be fair, the first line is true, no matter which subject you choose. Cess pit of human existence is X (website formerly known as Twitter).

It is hard to know exactly what is actually happening. One thing is Moshi's side of this. We don't know EXACTLY what he wants to get out of Everton. We know he wants out but how is that deal structured. Money up front, money after the sale dependent on how well Everton do are a couple of things we have heard.

Then we don't exactly know how 777 are financing this deal. We can look at their current/previous modus operandi but we don't know exactly how THIS DEAL is to be structured.

Personally, I feel there is going to be more pain before we see any resemblance of normality and it pains me to say it but I feel we may be relegated in that time.

Their is a tone of self importance there but he does have a point.

The last time I read The Athletic was during the appointment of Benitez. The reporters covering Everton absolutely followed the club line and it was clear that the local reporters valued their relationship with the board and the regulated access it provided over any kind of balanced reporting. Any reservations were dismissed as being childish tribalism.

There were some very good writers working there but as far as Everton went it was puff pieces all the way. If it's still the same reporters covering Everton for them then expect the same treatment for 777 unless it all falls through. I'd imagine the tone of their reporting on Moshiri has toughened considerably as they position themselves to portray any new owner as positively as possible.

So just the same as the Liverpool Echo then over the years, nothing changes with Everton and the local media, favours for favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back