777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
777 talking to ESK doesnt mean anything. Thats if they even know who he is. I have read people think its good news and they are now serious. That's nonsense.

They need to show Moshiri that they have hundreds of millions in the bank and ready to be sent for them to demonstrate they are serious. On the big issues of things to do, talking to Esk isn't one
A serious group would put up all the requisite info to get the deal done first. Then they'd use the formal communication channels to engage with the fans. All very odd.

And the talk of administration - rather conveniently positioned 777 as a saviour.

If they face issues going forward, they can say "well without us the club would have gone bust".

I voted no originally, but now I’m unsure, the HB protests arnt that big a deal, there offering insurance in the clubs name(clever marketing) but German fans hate that
The whole Genoa training ground thing is very clever really. It’s the same as buying a stone at the new stadium.
Everton really need to up their income and Triple 7 will do that

I myself have put no to 777, but that is purely based on what I have heard and seen online and with protests from other clubs. It would be good to see them engage with fans and tells us their ideas for the club and the stadium. You hear stories that they haven’t paid this person or missed payments. As people are right, it’s easy to take a dig at Everton it’s open season on us with regards to bad news. Clarity from 777 would help relive those reservations including myself about them buying the club. You look at their website, and you see they have recently put in an order for 217 737 max airplanes, each plane costing between 100-120 million dollars to buy. You would think it was all good. I know they have different financial sectors for each part of their portfolio, but still you think they have access to money.
My thinking is most of 8.3% in favour on here are just sick of the current regime seeing any change as better . would be very interested to hear a strong case in favour of 777 and what they can bring to the table .

My thinking is most of 8.3% in favour on here are just sick of the current regime seeing any change as better . would be very interested to hear a strong case in favour of 777 and what they can bring to the table .
I’d be inclined to agree. The natural optimist in me is hoping for a positive change but, let’s face it, on the face of it there are plenty of red flags with this lot. Perhaps it’s just due to the fact they are relative newcomers to the game and things will start to improve over time as they put the right people and infrastructure in place. Or they could be charlatans. Who knows.

Moshiri and Kenwright should be getting absolutely battered in the media.

They should be betting the kind of treatment Hicks and Gillet received over the park.

But they won’t, because nobody cares about Everton.

I thought this, why isn't the press all over them?
There's a lot of schmoozing going on - 777 will want to minimise discontent during regulatory process.

Can we please avoid allowing interpretation of 'the esks' tweets to monopolise the thread? Feel free to message him on Twitter/X instead.

Can you add a filter to block posts mentioning him?

I agree, can’t blame anyone for wanting the current regime out, as I do too. We need to be careful though, as the club is obviously a mess. If everything was okay financially and we was okay on the pitch, we would probably be less worried. We need these potential owners to hit the ground running, in getting the business side and leadership of the club right. This hopefully will eventually trickle down to the playing side.

I agree, can’t blame anyone for wanting the current regime out, as I do too. We need to be careful though, as the club is obviously a mess. If everything was okay financially and we was okay on the pitch, we would probably be less worried. We need these potential owners to hit the ground running, in getting the business side and leadership of the club right. This hopefully will eventually trickle down to the playing side.
Basically whoever takes over has to turn it around unbelievably fast to avoid relegation in the first instance. Never mind all the rest of it.

The media spin on 777 has begun.

Myers and social media is hammering home how they are our only hope.

We need to have communication from the club regarding these "rumours" but with a takeover discussions, we won't get any official word.

We must not forget that 777 have THEIR best interests not Everton's. There are still HUGE question marks on 777.

We need to know who is investing?
What debts will the club have and to who?
A clear path from boardroom to pitch?
What our club legacy will be under their control and protected?

I myself have put no to 777, but that is purely based on what I have heard and seen online and with protests from other clubs. It would be good to see them engage with fans and tells us their ideas for the club and the stadium. You hear stories that they haven’t paid this person or missed payments. As people are right, it’s easy to take a dig at Everton it’s open season on us with regards to bad news. Clarity from 777 would help relive those reservations including myself about them buying the club. You look at their website, and you see they have recently put in an order for 217 737 max airplanes, each plane costing between 100-120 million dollars to buy. You would think it was all good. I know they have different financial sectors for each part of their portfolio, but still you think they have access to money.

Am I alone in not caring one jot about what they have to say?

Actions>words.

A lot of the concern is because their actions in football are there for people to see.

@davek said this in June about MSP and I think it applies to any owner;

Hold their feet to the fire from day one.

Never back them without them proving they deserve backing.

Always be wary of them.

It's that simple.

Increasingly, fan engagement has become something that is dictated to clubs and it's become a tick box exercise.

Even in the press to BBC etc;

BBC Sport understands that the club - on behalf of 777 Partners - have informed their Fan Advisory Board and Shareholders Association that the prospective new owners will be meeting and engaging with them and the wider fanbase when the time is right.

I voted no originally, but now I’m unsure, the HB protests arnt that big a deal, there offering insurance in the clubs name(clever marketing) but German fans hate that
The whole Genoa training ground thing is very clever really. It’s the same as buying a stone at the new stadium.
Everton really need to up their income and Triple 7 will do that
I hope so, we definitely need some people in that have commercial awareness and can build some long term revenue streams that brings cash in consistently. Of course we have to accept as fans we will be cash cows like the Liverpool and Man utd fans.

Am I alone in not caring one jot about what they have to say?

Actions>words.

A lot of the concern is because their actions in football are there for people to see.

@davek said this in June about MSP and I think it applies to any owner;

Increasingly, fan engagement has become something that is dictated to clubs and it's become a tick box exercise.

Even in the press to BBC etc;
Actions Speke louder than words yes. But words can help, it’s just human nature.
Now they can lie and say we will do this and that can’t argue their.
On their actions it’s also a fact that in the last 5 years, mainly last 2 their portfolio has increased dramatically, especially from a football perspective. Maybe they have learnt lessons along the way, I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back