777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed loads of smoke and no fires. If we were close to going 777 wouldn't be anywhere near us until we went and would be in the queue with a number of others.
While it had previously been officially denied, there were plenty of reports circulating that Moshiri was open to selling the club. Maybe he was hanging on to see how things played out in terms of Ukraine and now decided he can’t afford to wait any longer. Agree if we were a completely busted flush then these folks could just wait for the inevitable and then pick the bones. We’re in a right mess, no doubt, and I’d imagine Moshiri wants to sell up before it’s out of his hands or before we get slapped with a points deduction and he’s trying to sell a hugely overvalued championship side.

Amazed that ppl still go on about something that was 7 years ago, time to get over it lads and move on. The Esk is a big blue and cares about this club, he also a share holder.
He warned for years about over spending and everyone laughed at him and now the same people who laughed at him are crying over the possibility of administration

Amazed that ppl still go on about something that was 7 years ago, time to get over it lads and move on. The Esk is a big blue and cares about this club, he also a share holder.
He warned for years about over spending and everyone laughed at him and now the same people who laughed at him are crying over the possibility of administration
I done neither.

Don't change the fact that he is seen as a laughing stock by a fair old chunk of the fanbase that are also Big blues , Season ticket holders & own shares.

I think the communication between 777 and the Esk is good news. He will ask the questions we need answers to as below .

How much are they paying moshiri and when.

How much are they then putting in to the club .

Do they have plans to introduce new investment once the takeover is complete .

Where are they with the stadium funding .

Will we have money for players in the next window .

Where are we with FFP in regards to balancing the books ?

If we got answers to these questions with some solid proof to back it up then we may have a different insight to this .

The current situation simply has to be fixed and quickly !

I think the communication between 777 and the Esk is good news. He will ask the questions we need answers to as below .

If we got answers to these questions with some solid proof to back it up then we may have a different insight to this .

Closing of the transaction is expected to occur in the fourth quarter of 2023 and remains subject to regulatory approval, including from the Premier League, the Football Association, and the Financial Conduct Authority.

Out of respect for this process, 777 Partners will not be providing any further comment during this period of regulatory review.

That was posted 7 days ago by Everton Football Club. So unless I'm mistaken and Esk has now suddenly become Evertons social content director, editor of the local newspaper, has his hand in every major national newspaper and is also a Sky Sports New reporter, I don't think he'll be at the front and centre of getting to ask the questions you want and neither getting the answers to those questions before anyone else.

We will all find out in due course, once the process of the takeover has been finalised/rejected

Closing of the transaction is expected to occur in the fourth quarter of 2023 and remains subject to regulatory approval, including from the Premier League, the Football Association, and the Financial Conduct Authority.

Out of respect for this process, 777 Partners will not be providing any further comment during this period of regulatory review.

That was posted 7 days ago by Everton Football Club. So unless I'm mistaken and Esk has now suddenly become Evertons social content director, editor of the local newspaper, has his hand in every major national newspaper and is also a Sky Sports New reporter, I don't think he'll be at the front and centre of getting to ask the questions you want and neither getting the answers to those questions before anyone else.

We will all find out in due course, once the process of the takeover has been finalised/rejected
point taken but this tells us nothing and speculation will just continue .

point taken but this tells us nothing and speculation will just continue .

It told us in advance not to expect any information at all until the process is done. Regardless of the continued speculation, they're basically saying they are not in a position to discuss this matter until takeover is complete

It would be like me having an offer accepted on a new house, telling everyone I've bought a nice boss house and once all the paperwork is done and contracts signed I'll be moving in, knocking the garage down to build an en suite, digging up the garden to make a putting green....to be told 2 months down the line that the sale has fallen through as the seller changed their mind.

So all we currently have in the meantime are people assuming we are going to go into administration, people kicking the club whilst it's down and then the odd person wheeled out on behalf of Everton (like Myers) dropping messages like 777 will be great.

No one knows, all we have is assumptions and speculation and I don't see that changing anytime soon

The only thing that nags me, I realise this is probably scaremongering to a certain degree right. But surely there should be someone high up from Everton denying these stories or at least challenging them. But it's deathly silence from our owner/ Chairman, why ? I know Moshiri has stated the finance for the stadium is done, but since then evermore revelations.

As I posted earlier we have our Fan Advisory Board to do that.

They are the true ( elected) voice of the fanbase.

777 should engage with them as soon as possible, as has been said there are far too many questions that need answering.

There's a lot of schmoozing going on - 777 will want to minimise discontent during regulatory process.

Can we please avoid allowing interpretation of 'the esks' tweets to monopolise the thread? Feel free to message him on Twitter/X instead
I think we are all looking for something positive at moment and any little snippet of good news helps .

We have been losing around 100 million quid a year and Moshiri can't touch his money to put any into us.

In addition to regular operating losses we will now be incurring heavy debt payments to account for the shortfall further digging us into the hole of administration.

If the takeover doesn't happen our options are either to take on more loans, likely with obscene terms as we have nothing to secure it against, or we fail to pay our bills.

In no way shape or form saying we're in a decent financial state.

I'm just saying I think there's a bit of a game at play to suit a narrative in favour of the club and a takeover for the league.

Since we added the poll to this thread, 8.2% of members have voted in favour of 777.

Over on our X account, 9.5% of 16,192 votes voted in favour of 777.

Evidently, there's very clear concern/pessimism towards the group - will look at pulling together a fan survey to explore the reasoning behind it. Feel free to recommend any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back