777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say that, but saying do your own research just seemed a bit much.

As you say tho, its up to the individual to make their own minds up.

Just search 777 partners on google and read away, but know that 99% of it is just a load of rubbish.
Yeah
Although there was plenty of reporting on 777 before they were linked with us again and much of it from very reliable sources.
In fact with very little searching you can read very dry and verbatim reports about their pre football activities.
In fact part of the reason for there being so much information about them lies in their propensity for failing to service debts and creditors and other dubious financial practices.
I mean the Canadian government is particularly irked at them for caused severe problems with a Canadian budget airline ( I mean causing 3 Boeing passenger planes to be repossessed on the runway is hardly a minor example of financial impropriety)
And as much as I have been challenging the optimists, unicorn fondlers and assorted rainbow gazers to give me some positive examples to justify their hope , I have yet to read one positive example of success from this group.

For me, this is why I think relegation would actually be good for us (massive caveat that this would be ignoring all the financial stuff.)

we’d actually get a re-set from the misery and would win lots of games. We’d actually get a feel good factor.
More games, and the possibility of winning something again..

If you can provide evidence to support this view I would consider it .
But at present all the evidence is overwhelmingly negative and points strongly to the opposite conclusion.
So , can you provide any solid evidence to support your hope of a good outcome?
Or is it just unsubstantiated optimism that you peddle ?
Laaaaaa
Who doesn't love a litte unsubstantiated optimism? 😉

When did they do this ?
Which regulators?
Where was this reported ?
I ask because as far as has been reported the fit and proper person process has just begun and is expected to take some time yet.
It's been going on for the last few months.
The government regulators and Deloitte.
The PL are now in the process of analysing the deal.

Don't believe me if you want, I'm not really bothered either way.

For me, this is why I think relegation would actually be good for us (massive caveat that this would be ignoring all the financial stuff.)

we’d actually get a re-set from the misery and would win lots of games. We’d actually get a feel good factor.
Or just end up like Blackburn, or Sheff Wed and other such clubs. We haven't got a divine right to win lots of games in the championship.

Who doesn't love a litte unsubstantiated optimism? 😉
30 years of it have taught me to finally steer clear .
It just makes the crushing disappointment more crushing and more disappointing.
But if the weight of opinion suggests poor outcomes, it’s very naive to carry on regardless.
Prevention is far better than cure.

It would be a perfect acquisition for Jim Ratcliffe......a place to make his name in football, a new state of the art ground on the horizon and the potential to give the fellas across the Park (whom I guess he loathes as he's a United fan) a bloody nose by pulling Everton from the depths of despair to a regular place above them.
He would be the dream

It's been going on for the last few months.
The government regulators and Deloitte.
The PL are now in the process of analysing the deal.

Don't believe me if you want, I'm not really bothered either way.
It’s not that I don’t believe you and you’re not the only one to mention it .
But nobody has explained who these Government regulators are or what their responsibilities are towards the takeover of a football club.
What department do these regulators operate for ?
I know the Government and political parties in general have been planning to get involved in overseeing football , in part to ensure that due diligence is in place in situations such as this.
But the authorities have involved the FCA in the procedure to ensure the Government are satisfied they are being thorough, so why are another unspecified government department also involved.?
Like I say I’m not questioning the veracity of your statement just asking for more detail to satisfy my curiosity.
Very little can be judged by the involvement of Deloitte , they merely represent the interests of those involved and have no interest in Everton’s well being .
Likewise Moshiri has no further interest in our wellbeing as long as he gets his coin.
Also it’s not a merely a question of whether they have the money but how they have the money.
My own suspicion is that this is ultimately a leveraged purchase but one that is heavily disguised .
Personally I am hoping they get blocked because I think they have already proved to be very poor as football owners,

I'm not happy with 777 either, but if the deal doesn't go through, where does that leave us. Moshiri clearly doesn't want to be there. But clearly wants his coin back or his bosses money back or he might end up with concrete wellies on in the dock, right next to the very stadium that will be his legacy.

Saw this in the ground before kick off
20230923_172845.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back