777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the same thoughts. Can it be done?
Of course it can. Just like any other addiction, you need to find other distractions.

Many football fans have experienced bad times with their teams. Managing expectation levels is key to not worrying about things you have no control over. Enjoying the experience no matter what happens is all part of the journey. There's always the next game to look forward to no matter who the opposition is and what league the team you follow is in.

It is, however, entirely your own choice how you go about life.

Personally, I cant get too worked up about journeymen football milking a living from the club we all support. Relegation is coming. It's only a matter of time when that happens. I'm pragmatic about it.

Not for me.

I barely like Everton these days and hate every other club.

If Everton was to go, I would just enjoy football, without the stress.
For me, this is why I think relegation would actually be good for us (massive caveat that this would be ignoring all the financial stuff.)

we’d actually get a re-set from the misery and would win lots of games. We’d actually get a feel good factor.

All this chat about administration - can somebody kindly point me to a bone fide publication that details our current status with regards this. Not that I'm sceptical, or don't believe it possible for a minute, but because other than an auditors line in the company accounts I've seen nothing other than conjecture.
Likewise, are 777 Partners really as bad as they are being portrayed? On one hand I read they are lawless opportunist's who simply want to rape and pillage (which I find highly improbable given we have very, very little of any value to grab, including a half-finished ground) and on the other I read that they have this Don Dransfield fella who by all accounts was a leading light with the City football business? Which is it?
If somebody could kindly point me in the direction of some reading that has no bias, and nothing to gain by lauding or loathing 777 I'd appreciate it, because the level of conjecture on all platforms is absolutely ludicrous.

For what it's worth I think its highly improbable that the EPL and the FA would allow a founder member to fall into administration purely on the basis that it would be a huge black mark against their 'global number one league'. The negativity it would give off would be very damaging for them.
Docked points for potential misdemeanours I can fully see will happen given how badly we've been operating, but not administration.

It would be a perfect acquisition for Jim Ratcliffe......a place to make his name in football, a new state of the art ground on the horizon and the potential to give the fellas across the Park (whom I guess he loathes as he's a United fan) a bloody nose by pulling Everton from the depths of despair to a regular place above them.

All this chat about administration - can somebody kindly point me to a bone fide publication that details our current status with regards this. Not that I'm sceptical, or don't believe it possible for a minute, but because other than an auditors line in the company accounts I've seen nothing other than conjecture.
Likewise, are 777 Partners really as bad as they are being portrayed? On one hand I read they are lawless opportunist's who simply want to rape and pillage (which I find highly improbable given we have very, very little of any value to grab, including a half-finished ground) and on the other I read that they have this Don Dransfield fella who by all accounts was a leading light with the City football business? Which is it?
If somebody could kindly point me in the direction of some reading that has no bias, and nothing to gain by lauding or loathing 777 I'd appreciate it, because the level of conjecture on all platforms is absolutely ludicrous.
Conjecture is all anybody has currently.

We are a club with massive debts and a half finished stadium that needs paying for.

Do 777 have the funds to pay our bills and the loan repayments?
Will the Premier League rubber stamp the Takeover?

We all find out together.

There is nothing to suggest we will enter administration, but, if the answer to the first question is no, it really does become a possibility.

Vince McMahon has recently left his role at WWE following a takeover. Coincidence that 777 are investing in us at the same time? Who wouldn't want this man to be our new Chairman?

0_vince-mcmahon-wwe-workout-routine-bodybuilding-triple-h-stephanie-1608035

73732843.0.jpg

kZDgjabU9D4ncxMrV7TBqU-970-80.jpg.webp

When he oversees us selling Branthwaite for £15m...

giphy.webp

When he sees Dyche has moved Ashley Young to CM and is playing Keane in a 541...

giphy.webp

Bring me Vince.

Virgin.

Why not just research it yourself and draw your own conclusions ?
It’s better to form your own opinions based on facts than to be led by others.

It would be a perfect acquisition for Jim Ratcliffe......a place to make his name in football, a new state of the art ground on the horizon and the potential to give the fellas across the Park (whom I guess he loathes as he's a United fan) a bloody nose by pulling Everton from the depths of despair to a regular place above them.
Jim Ratcliffe is a very intelligent businessman.

Which is the main reason why he wouldnt touch us with a crappy stick.

For what it's worth I think its highly improbable that the EPL and the FA would allow a founder member to fall into administration purely on the basis that it would be a huge black mark against their 'global number one league'. The negativity it would give off would be very damaging for them.
Docked points for potential misdemeanours I can fully see will happen given how badly we've been operating, but not administration.
You don’t understand how administration works. You’re falling for the ’too big to fail’ fallacy.

I was going to say that, but saying do your own research just seemed a bit much.

As you say tho, its up to the individual to make their own minds up.

Just search 777 partners on google and read away, but know that 99% of it is just a load of rubbish.

Why not just give some answers to the questions? Seems that would be helpful to him, and you seem to have enough strong opinions on it to have certainly done lots of research. Would make the board a bit pointless if people arent supposed to ask questions and just quietly go do their research, especially since asking a bunch of people weirdly dedicated and obsessed with the club seems a good place to find people who have done that research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back