777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wander has already been in print (FT) saying that the aim of 777 is to "engage" with fans to sell them products such as insurance - in to which they have lots of sticky fingers.

777 are nothing but bad news. The only reason they are able to get a sniff of buying us is because Moshiri knackered the club to the extent that we are totally unappealing to the like of the Arabs

IF 777 succeed in the buy out, EFC will die a death of a thousand cuts.
Will the last fan out, please turn off the lights

Whilst I am typically a glass half full type supporter, even I find it astounding that with all the negative content out there on this group that there are still some fans who are happy to "wait and see" what this group have to offer.

Moshiri was a relative unknown when he came onboard, owners like Randy Lerner and Ellis Short had track records of running successful companies / sports franchises whereas you'll find little to no positives for this group so there is no excuses from fans if/when the inevitable happens of "well how could we possibly know they would end up being bad owners".

My own opinion on 777 is that if the fans mobilised (as the RS would do in this situation) and staged protests making it known that the group would not be welcome - the media will pick up on it, key voices such as Rotherham, those in government, football, the PL etc. and maybe more scrutiny is placed on the group during the fit and proper testing.

Last edited:
Wander has already been in print (FT) saying that the aim of 777 is to "engage" with fans to sell them products such as insurance - in to which they have lots of sticky fingers.

777 are nothing but bad news. The only reason they are able to get a sniff of buying us is because Moshiri knackered the club to the extent that we are totally unappealing to the like of the Arabs

We are already experiencing death by a thousand cuts, mate. With Moshiri and Kenwright running the show we will 100% go into administration. Maybe we can limp to safety for a few more years in the meantime, but it categorically will happen unless Moshiri sells up.

What they're doing is in its infancy. Will take a couple more years to judge it as a success of not.

The bottom line is that they're not owners who throw cash at the squad which I think is the big cause of the their fume.

If they achieve the take over I worry. They will get a football club that has 2 stadiums which could make us ripe for some asset stripping. Imagine they could sell BMD for hundreds, hundreds of millions and Everton have to rent, what happens to GP will this 777 lot support the proposed plans for the area ?

The is take over gang have not said anything regarding proposals re our club.

So the last two season have been what?

Death of a hundred cuts?

Spurs finished 8th with a £50 million Brazilian international and a world class manager.

The idea that the league is piss poor is so so weird to me.
The Prem is far and away the strongest league in the world (way stronger than it used to be) - yes we are lucky that the 3 promoted clubs aren’t as strong as last years relegated sides, but how can 40% be Championship standard when 19th placed Burnley walked that league.
Brighton 6th/7th last season and are flying high this season no world class manager or 50 mil striker
West Ham t6th/7th the season before same position with Antonio up front and wee Davey as manager
Leicester a few years ago with Rodgers in and around the CL spots/Europe for a couple of years
So it can be done without world class managers and huge signings.

Its not all about splashing the cash and having a household name as a manager.

Brighton 6th/7th last season and are flying high this season no world class manager or 50 mil striker
West Ham t6th/7th the season before same position with Antonio up front and wee Davey as manager
Leicester a few years ago with Rodgers in and around the CL spots/Europe for a couple of years
So it can be done without world class managers and huge signings.

Its not all about splashing the cash and having a household name as a manager.

And then Leicester got relegated and West Ham struggled too, because the reality is, if you want to cement a place in that top 7, then you have to spend a lot of money.

If they achieve the take over I worry. They will get a football club that has 2 stadiums which could make us ripe for some asset stripping. Imagine they could sell BMD for hundreds, hundreds of millions and Everton have to rent, what happens to GP will this 777 lot support the proposed plans for the area ?

The is take over gang have not said anything regarding proposals re our club.

But that worry could've been done under Moshiri. All depends on what the end goal is and what is more lucrative in the long run.

Is it better the club devour all the commercial possibilities of the new stadium? Does the value of the club owning the stadium increase?

It won't be as easy for them to build and flip.

The value of owning the stadium is more attractive to investors that work with them

The top of the football pyramid is a closed shop now. We missed the boat a long time ago.

777 may well end up being crappy owners but so what, I don't think it matters anymore.

Making up the numbers is our lot now, sadly. Has been for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back