Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s difficult to find concrete numbers, but it looks as though there is about $177M of insurance investment in 777 ventures of the estimated $3B in investment capital. Not such a huge %.

If all of EFC were floated with insurance premiums that would be different, but their fiscal sources are (sketchily) diversified.

I get the impression they would be a huge improvement on the footballing side of things, with a clear strategy and putting high quality people in place to oversee it. The real worry is that their business practices seem shady or chaotic, and we would inevitably suffer as a consequence. Everton needs stability after such a turbulent spell, and they don’t seem like the owners who would provide that.

I get the impression they would be a huge improvement on the footballing side of things, with a clear strategy and putting high quality people in place to oversee it. The real worry is that their business practices seem shady or chaotic, and we would inevitably suffer as a consequence. Everton needs stability after such a turbulent spell, and they don’t seem like the owners who would provide that.

the company is worth billions, obviously not all of that is liquid cash.

this however, is the main reason we should be running a mile, they haven't got deep enough pockets to run a premier league club

;)

Well I don’t agree.

Yes, insurance companies take insurance payments and reinvest them. But 777 have done this to a huge degree more than is normal.
the result? They been down graded from a good risk, to a fair risk and are on the verge of being downgraded to a poor risk if they don’t divest the of probably half their assets.

This is at a time when they urgently Need to raise funds to buy us. Essentially they’ve massively over borrowed against the insurance company asset and a natural disaster could see the company not having enough money to meet its liabilities and then the entire group would collpase.

the whole thing is lime a pack of cards that could collapse at any time.
Also does explain the untimely payments and the turn over of their offices and personnel, 777 for their part said outright that 9b-10b was insurance money and they started with 250m build from their early buisness practices (lotteries, deal restructing and renegotiating insurance payments).

I have a query, say we 777 do not complete the due diligence and our EFC is in danger of Administration. Couldn't an entity like an 'Everton Fan Trust' take over 51% of EFC and follow a German model for club name ownership? Rest say will be sold to willing businesses. Is there any reason why we can't go down that route if at all possible? (I apologize for the naivety)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back